Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane Katia heading for Ireland!

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Well I'm going playing football later, I couldn't give a gee about this 'hurricane'.....they can shove it up their hoop :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

kfallon wrote: »
    Well I'm going playing football later, I couldn't give a gee about this 'hurricane'.....they can shove it up their hoop :pac:

Yeah, yeah - you'll be saying that when you score an own-point from your own kick-out.

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah - you'll be saying that when you score an own-point from your own kick-out.

:confused: Have the rules of 5-a-side changed over the weekend?

I'm more worried about when people start spitting tbh :pac:

:confused: Have the rules of 5-a-side changed over the weekend?

You said football. But the principle still applies - if you're playing 5-a-side soccer then you could even score an own-goal.

You said football. But the principle still applies - if you're playing 5-a-side soccer then you could even score an own-goal.

The secret, my friend, is to keep the ball on the deck in conditions like this ;)

• Advertisement

The secret, my friend, is to keep the ball on the deck in conditions like this ;)

Soccer on a boat! Challenging! ;):D

Soccer on a boat! Challenging! ;):D

Wait til you try hurling on a plane :P

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Well, jaysus lads weren't we lucky to come out of that with our lives?

No fear.....I take travel-sickness tablets!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

bit gusty here is all..oh wait there goes barny's bowlarama

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

A bit of wind here in Galway, but that doesn't make it a hurricane by our standards, it simply makes it a day that ends in the letter Y.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

"Get these mother-****ing sliotars off my mother-****ing plane!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

large window pane blew out on Catherine street in limerick, from the third storey, luckily no1 underneath it, but street closed and huge coverage of broken glass...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nothing anything like as dramatic down here, and its not got the feeling of getting any worse than it has been for the last few hours. Non event here I suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Console

Just a windy day here in North Dublin.
    Wasnt expecting to see signs blowing of lamposts :P but thought it was going to be really heavy rain and wind.... just a windy day. Think thats the most of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

It's great there's no rain. I'm loving the warm Gales we're having :)

ps: Is it bad that my Dads out cutting me sticks in this Gale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Winds picking up quite strongly around Rathfarnham/Knocklyon/Firhouse and a very light 'sun shower' (more a case of the sun just burning through the clouds the last few seconds). Not holding my breath, though.

Was in town earlier, really weird weather. 'Whistling' strong winds and light rain when I was on South William Street, then no rain when I went onto Coppinger Row (by the side of Powerscourt/Pygmalion), then hailstones when I passed down that long, narrow alley onto Grafton Street (where the slightly mad auld one has been busking away for decades), then beaming sun and really warm when I got onto Grafton Street, with the rain havign suddenly disappeared. Went into the tiny Ulster Bank on the corner of Grafton Street, and when I came back out it had turned into a typical, lifeless, dreary day. All in the space of 10 minutes!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

My patio door is being blown in a bit but that's because all 28 knots of that southerly wind is hitting them, hope there's no eejits out cycling like me this morning :)

And one more thing... Katia not Katrina jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Methinks this 'hurricane' has been BLOWN out of all proportion.

Advertisement