Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurricane Katia heading for Ireland!

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,073 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wind is fairly howling outside now here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

I have absolutely no idea why i posted the Hawaii five-o intro there... but feck it...

Console wrote: »
    As of noth dublin ... nothing :(
    Hey not saying i want to see things blowing off roofs or anything :P but as of right now, no rain and only a bit of wind.
    Have to say tho, doesnt seem to be a lot of traffic on the roads. Back of my house is a main road. Not much activity.

same... only a slight bit of wind in dublin... hopefully we'll have a lot of activity tomorrow... need an excuse not to wash the car and just let the wind and rain do it :pac:

what road is behind you ? im sure i can make some activity on it........... im bored and armed with a honda civic :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

nothing going on in the south east

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

Just checked the Kilkee weather station and its recorded winds of 39.1kts SSW at 2:04am and it really does feel as if its getting worse,

The barometer is reading 969.9 and falling slowly…. Its going to get a lot worse before she calms down,

Sounds like my roof is going to blow off at the moment

Just checked again and the wind is reading 44.3kts at 02:19

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

mann wrote: »
    Just checked the Kilkee weather station and its recorded winds of 39.1kts SSW at 2:04am and it really does feel as if its getting worse,

The barometer is reading 969.9 and falling slowly…. Its going to get a lot worse before she calms down,

Sounds like my roof is going to blow off at the moment

Just checked again and the wind is reading 44.3kts at 02:19
    No need to worry until you see a cow and an old lady in a rocking chair swirling around in the wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

Situation in Carlow is dire.

Nothing to do with storm, however.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

"auntie em...auntie em..."

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭mann

Situation in Carlow is dire.

Nothing to do with storm, however.

:):):) Wicked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Looks like this is it guys;

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭EverEvolving

It's blowing a gale here in Galway anyway, sounds like horror movie wind out there :o.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Its windy in Ennis
    According to http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03962.html as of 29 minutes ago:

Shannon (EINN)
    Elevation
    20 m
    Station Select
    Now

Mostly Cloudy
    Temperature 15 °C Feels Like 15 °C

Wind(km/h)50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lilymc

Bit of wind up here in Dublin alright, nothing to write home about. Was due to give birth yesterday.. so hoping the drop in barometric pressure might help! Could be a load of rubbish but at the same time so could the hurricane... still something to talk about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

lilymc wrote: »
    Bit of wind up here in Dublin alright, nothing to write home about. Was due to give birth yesterday.. so hoping the drop in barometric pressure might help! Could be a load of rubbish but at the same time so could the hurricane... still something to talk about.

You must be very committed to boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Getting windy here in Dublin now...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Getting windy here in Dublin now...

Yup thought we had escaped it.. picking up a bit now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭lilymc

You must be very committed to boards.ie.

You've lost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Full.Duck

Jayzus its a bit of wind lads. My farts have done more damage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

lilymc wrote: »

Best of luck with your imminent arrival xxx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

it blew my bin over. and a fence panel and smashed a patio stone. dog is pissed off he's locked in.

oh the humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭the_pits

Bird table blown over and few twigs fell off tree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Sprouts

Washing line flying around, grand bit of drying out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Turned on trashy tvam at 8am to hear more about todays bad weather. 10 mins I had to sit through it before they mentioned the weather!!!!

I'll never get those minutes back :(

Quite blustery ere but no biggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

Its fairly howling here right now in Dublin City Centre.

I was very surprised at the amount of cyclists on the road this morning. It was well documented on the news & internet there was going to be gale force winds & still this morning I saw plenty of hardy folk cycling into town

Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I was in Connecticut for Hurricane Irene a few weeks ago. Luckily it had eased off a lot to winds of about 80 - 90mph. Still made **** of the trees, branches everywhere, some larger trees fell on a few houses. Not a pleasant experience.

Hopefully the winds won't do too much damage over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Lots of large branches and bits of trees down in Limerick, and there's a fence panel sent flying that might need replacing....

.....but FFS guys.....compared to the damage done in Japan & other places when they have actual extreme weather, we're getting off VERY lightly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Damn wind blew me onto the ground. I dropped me breakfast roll :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Fago! wrote: »
    Damn wind blew me onto the ground. I dropped me breakfast roll :(

You must be a featherweight! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭polka dot

The roadsweeper is out clearing leaves. Must be serious :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

a bit breezy down here in tralee but nothing we havnt seen before ffs

Advertisement