Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Quotes

• 09-05-2011 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

It's almost over!

Now the endless reruns will ensue, and we'll all be very sad!

But we had some good times, right? Hell's yeah we did!

Let's quote this thread up!

"Some of those Athosian women are pretty hot and we did just save them from the Wraith... we've got to trade in on that while we can, you know? Before they discover that we're not actually that cool?"
    - McKay, planning for the future, "Hide and Seek"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

McKay: "He just doesn't like going through the Stargate."
    Sheppard: "He's worse than Dr. McCoy."
    Teyla: "Who?"
    Sheppard: "The TV character that Dr. Beckett plays in real life."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭mr lee

indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

For fun, I'm going to leave out the names of who said them.:D

(My no.1 fav of all time, probably in all tv and films I've watched too. :-))
    The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur
    I remembered something. There's a man. He is bald and wears a short sleeve shirt. And somehow, he is important to me... I think his name is... Homer.
    In the middle of my BACKSWING
    You know, my Uncle George he always hated the phrase "save the planet."
    Well, he just thought it was a little backwards, you know, cause the planet's gonna be here no matter what happens. It might be a giant unliveable rock but it's gonna survive.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭somuj

Malty_T wrote: »
    For fun, I'm going to leave out the names of who said them.:D

Thor,
    O Neill,
    O Neill,
    Dr. Keller.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

They are all right I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

"With these changes not much, Season 2 just ends" - Martin Lloyd in "200", shape of things to come?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Conor108 wrote: »
    "With these changes not much, Season 2 just ends" - Martin Lloyd in "200", shape of things to come?:cool:

Literally just finished that episode, the Furling bit at the start had me scratching my head for a moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jROiC1rLww0

Not just Teal'c but also Jacks reply, so linked to the video instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭StiLL-TrAiNinG

I think my favourite is a scene rather than a specific quote

The expression change gets me every single time.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

Sam Carter: When you ordered Colonel O'Neill to wait 5 minutes, you were really telling him to wait 6 hours, maybe more!
    General George S. Hammond: Captain, relativity gives me a headache!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I think my favourite is a scene rather than a specific quote

The expression change gets me every single time.

Teal'c or my fave "murray" was just epic at times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Gearheart

"Has Hammond of Texas fallen in battle?"

Daniel to goat looking aliens........."I am Hans....Olo"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

There have been so many classics ranging from funny as hell to emotional. The two stand out characters have to be Jack and Sheppard. The quick one liners are classic.
    Malty T wrote:
    The Asgard would never invent a weapon that propels small weights of iron and carbon alloys, by igniting a powder of potassium nitrate, charcoal and sulphur

From the same episode;
    Jackson - "You're actually saying you need someone dumber than you are?"
    Jack - "You may have come to the right place"
    SG1 - "Small Victories"

Daniel Jackson was a brilliant character and between him and Jack they made the show, plus he is my favorite character of all the franchises.
    Daniel (to Vala dressed as Warrior) - "I'm not your type, and more than a little disturbed that i might be yours"

With the introduction of Vala it brought a good degree of humor that i thought was somewhat lacking.
    Vala (to Daniel) - "The last time i was this bored i took hostages"
    SG1 - "Unending"

And not forgetting Sheppard. I think he was better at the one liners rather than quoteables such as the remarks towards Rodney and the endless slagging him, but he had his moments.
    Teyla - "You have not been praticsing. Had this been a real fight ..........
    Sheppard - "If this was a real fight i'd have shot you by now
    Neera - "You do not fear them?"
    Sheppard - "The Wraith? Nah. Now clowns thats another story.
    Neera -"We had no means to fight the Wraith. We are a simple people"
    Sheppard - "We're peaceful too, but the good news is we have the means to put up a helluva fight"
    Neera - "You have fought the Wraith before"
    Sheppard - "Lots of times. Won some battles, lost some. Wars not over by a long shot, but we're managing to hold our own"
    Neera - "And the clowns?"
    Sheppard - "The clowns? Oh, yeah, the clowns. We fight them too - entire armies, spilling out of volkswagons. We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending 'em in".

To cap ths post off i'd like to make mention of a scene form SG1 between Daniel and O'Neill (Season 6 episode 6 Abyss). Not funny but one of the most memorable scenes for me. From 1:00 to 1:20.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Ezridax wrote: »
    To cap ths post off i'd like to make mention of a scene form SG1 between Daniel and O'Neill (Season 6 episode 6 Abyss). Not funny but one of the most memorable scenes for me. From 1:00 to 1:20.

Powerful stuff in that episode, great post

Jack when hes talking in ancient the first time

Daniel:you just darentus
    Jack:No I didnt
    Daniel:yes you did
    Jack:No I didnt
    Daniel:Yes you did.

Small things like this crack me up

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Jack and Teal'c were always funny together.

Jack: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Jack: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

When testing the X301.

General something or other: How does she fly?
    Teal'c: The vehicle performed within expected parameters.
    Jack: Woohoo!
    Jack: Sorry, sir. I couldn't help but get caught up in Teal'c's enthusiasm.

Watching season 5 of Atlantis again, and the episode "shrine" was on.

Teyla, Rodney, Ronan, and Sheppard ontop of the stargate after the valley floods.
    Sheppard - We all got wet Rodney
    McKay - I don't know .............. i think i got wetter.
    Sheppard - I don't know Rodney, i got a little damp swimming down for the DHD.

Not exactly memorable, but a classic example of McKay's incessant whining that you somehow grow to like and almost miss. :D
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Watching season 5 of Atlantis again, and the episode "shrine" was on.

Teyla, Rodney, Ronan, and Sheppard ontop of the stargate after the valley floods.

Not exactly memorable, but a classic example of McKay's incessant whining that you somehow grow to like and almost miss. :D

Grow to like? McKay was probably what made Atlantis what is was for me :D I hated him in SG1 ("Kinda always had a thing for dumb blondes") but once you got to know the character he never had a bad moment. That DHD quote in the flooded valley was very good :pac:

Plus the constant Hypoglycemic/Citrus thing I found funny too

Didn't like him in SG1. Thought it would be another throw away character.

TBH in SGA, and at first, i thought that the constant whining would grow tired quickly. Then i thought it would be "phased out", but honestly its what makes the Rodney character what it is (as you said) and now if he didn;t do it, well it wouldn't be him would it.

And as this is a quote thread never let it be said i didn't take part;

SGA - Season 1 - Episode 3 - Hide and Seek.
    Weir - I'm still trying to understand how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony.
    Rodney - Oh, believe me, that's not the first thing we tried
    Sheppard - I shot him!

/Weir throws Sheppard a look

Sheppard - In the leg.
    Rodney - I'm invulnerable
    Weir - Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
    Rodney - (smuggly) In-vul-ner-able.

• Advertisement

SGA - S4 (I think) - Midway

T'ealc - Indeed
    Ronan - You say that a lot don't you?
    T'ealc - Say what
    Ronan - Indeed
    T'ealc - I hadn't noticed

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

EnterNow wrote: »
    SGA - S4 (I think) - Midway

T'ealc - Indeed
    Ronan - You say that a lot don't you?
    T'ealc - Say what
    Ronan - Indeed
    T'ealc - I hadn't noticed

Also, later on in the episode, Teal'c says something to Ronan and Ronan says indeed back to him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Have never seen this episode. :/ Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

"Im confident"
    "me too!"
    "as am I"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭token56

Have never seen this episode. :/ Wow.

Its probably my favourite episode along side window of opportunity.

One of my favourites is
    *Teal'c downs jug of coffee*

O'Neil: Isn't that hot
    Teal'c: Extremely

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,173 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

In the middle of my backswing?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

As I am flying through my re-run of SG1 I feel obliged to ad in a few of my favs. and just as I go to type them I draw a blank because there are just so many.
    Watch S6 ep1-6 today. In ep 3 Descent Teal'c radios down to SGC from the Alkesh, and says they are ok, to which the General responds "good to hear from you, we were all holding our breath down here" to which Teal'c replies in all seriousness "That is most unwise, Gen. Hammond"

When The general asks jack how he would feel about having a Russian join SG1 - "Over my rotting corpse! sir".

When Jack is telling Daniel that Anise kissed him in Upgrades, he says "Apparently the snake likes you!"

In Failsafe there are a few good ones from Jack. "I've seen this movie!" when Carter is explaining that there is an asteroid heading to Earth. and when they are getting ready to open the hyperspace window - "Carter, I can see my house!"

Season 5 is a very strong season. I love Daniel, I think he is my favourite SG1 character, Jacob Carter being a very close second. Love the banter between Jacob and Jack. "You cant just go sticking a US Airforce stick on the side of a piece of Alien technology Jack!"
    oh there are just too many!

Edit: another one
    Jack in The Other Guys to the first prime - you ended that sentence with a preposition! You Bastard!

Ha ha ha!

Unnatural Selection - RE the X-303
    Jack "they didnt go for it!"
    Carter "Sir, we can't call it the Enterprise!"

Episode Disclosure - where Gen Hammond and Maj Davis reveal the existence of the Stargate Program to 5 earth superpowers. Kinsey tries to convince them that they would be better off with the NID running the show (Ha!) and that the running of the stargate should be taken away from Gen Hammond and SGC.
    But Gen Hammond plays a royal flush by having Thor join in. Thor rocks.
    Kinsey pipes up and Thor says (I might be para-phrasing a bit) "Yes, I know who you are Sen Kinsey. O'Neill suggested that I send you to a distant planwt for what you have done on your world... but I am confident his comments were made in jest"

Kinsey calls Thor "Commander" - Thor corrects him instantly, "that is Supreme Commander Thor to you"

Brilliant! I love the Asgard!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dwaegon

SGA Ep. No Man's Land

Sheppard: "Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go."

Advertisement