Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Airsoft experience

• 23-08-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭

Don't know if there is already a thread for this so here's one anyway.Basically just looking for peole to share their favorite experiences while airsofting.

I'll start off with mine.It would have to be a time when me and a friend somehow managed to get far behind enemy lines in a game at HRTA.We were sitting around in the docks area while out team was at vanette and the enemies were at the bus.We killed quite a few of them and it took them a while to realise that they were being hit in the back:).Then some new kid with a rental ran at us not taking his hits so my friend chased him away by running at him firing his m14 one handed:). Good times.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

propably my first time ;)

'twas in redbarn. two games actually. the first was a slow paced one. 5 of us trying to locate one sniper, the whole site was in play. the game seemed slow and boring to start but it was a good game for team work. we had to rely on each other, split into two groups one forward one rear/flank so the sniper couldnt take us out.

same day. there's a tin structure down the back of the site and the objective was to hold out as long as possible, last man standing basically. first round we lasted long enough, had one lad traped behind cover, every time he moved i'd send a BB his way and he ducked back behind cover :D. when it switched around and it was our turn to assault we just rushed the place, the whole 5 of us rushing in at the one point just laying down BBs to keep heads down and took it inside of 2 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Probably playing Juggernaught in Adventure Weekend Airsoft.
    It was roughly 7 of us against one lad with a saw just spraying BB's down at us we had one lad in a tower as a distraction one unit went round the back while we covered the front he was camped next to a pistol and you had to shoot him with the pistol to kill him if you shot him with anything else he counted to 20 and was back in play.Played twice the second time was to redeem himself he didn't last too long in the both games :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,365 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Probably playing Juggernaught in Adventure Weekend Airsoft.
    It was roughly 7 of us against one lad with a saw just spraying BB's down at us we had one lad in a tower as a distraction one unit went round the back while we covered the front he was camped next to a pistol and you had to shoot him with the pistol to kill him if you shot him with anything else he counted to 20 and was back in play.Played twice the second time was to redeem himself he didn't last too long in the both games :D

That sounds epic :D. Keep the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

mine has to be when some girls showed up to hrta and it was horribly mucky and the place was waterlogged and one of them tried to cross a makeshift bridge, fell on her face , tried to get up off the bridge and rolled off the side of it into the most horrible puddle ive ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

My top two epitomise airsoft for me:

1.) *Hands friend Beretta M9* Friend: So I'm Riggs and you're Murtaugh, yeah?

2.) Brother, hung over to hell: I'm sorry for whatever team I'm on...we're going to lose.

For me, the best times in Airsoft are just in good fun. I like to play, and I enjoy playing well. But I really am not interested in the overtly serious side of things. Shooting at people is good fun, but some people really need to relax and enjoy the moment...I've seen a good few ulcers-in-progress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Typhon

1 am during a 24 hour hour Milsam game at RAB in cork. Couldn't see more than 15 feet into the woods but we knew the enemy were coming (they had NVGs). Not a sound...then about 15 AEGs open up with tracer rounds flying everywhere! We returned fire with our tracers while trying to locate them with torches. MAD stuff :eek:

Unreal to have been in the middle of it! Never will forget it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

One of the 'Dark Mist' games at Fingal Airsoft. My team moved up the hill in pitch black to engage the enemy coming through a choke point. We all took up positions over watching the choke and each other and waited as the enemy voices gradually became louder and the distances between the two teams closed.

We were all sitting still and quiet, until Bren (The Site owner) decided to release the Zombies and one of them let a chainsaw roar into the night.

Now, unknown to the team, we had three horses standing in between us all while we sat in the darkness. The horses heard the chainsaw, whinnied and galloped off in multiple directions tearing the squad apart. Nearly died of laughter afterwards.

That's just one of many good Airsoft times:D

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

MagicIRL wrote: »
    One of the 'Dark Mist' games at Fingal Airsoft. My team moved up the hill in pitch black to engage the enemy coming through a choke point. We all took up positions over watching the choke and each other and waited as the enemy voices gradually became louder and the distances between the two teams closed.

We were all sitting still and quiet, until Bren (The Site owner) decided to release the Zombies and one of them let a chainsaw roar into the night.

Now, unknown to the team, we had three horses standing in between us all while we sat in the darkness. The horses heard the chainsaw, whinnied and galloped off in multiple directions tearing the squad apart. Nearly died of laughter afterwards.

horses on an airsoft site, at night?? not very safe for either players or the animals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

joe stodge wrote: »
    horses on an airsoft site, at night?? not very safe for either players or the animals.

Well clearly they were not supposed to be there, but considering they're wild animals, they just ambled across the adjacent field and sat happily in the orchard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

joe stodge wrote: »

Sure the chainsaw on an airsoft site at night frightened them off so it's alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

Chainsaw, horses, Airsofters wrong on so many levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Private Snafu

Well clearly they were not supposed to be there, but considering they're wild animals, they just ambled across the adjacent field and sat happily in the orchard.

Funny, they've been there every single time I've made the trip out to Fingal...
    It's really not the safest of scenarios for the animals or skirmishers.

just remembered another of my favourite moments me dickyand1 of the marshals and someone else were walking back to the safe zone in hrta and dave (whydave) turns to me and dicky and says what age are youse lads 16 we both said so dave says well stop walking and start running and i turned to him and said i cant im paralysed from the waist down when im not walking so he shot me in the ass a few times and goes if you felt that you cant be paralysed and i said you just cured me by shootin me so dave started screaming its a miracle and then turned to me and said "HRTA, curing paralyses". .......... classic

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

My best experience wud have to be the assault we did on the enemy in RAB during the milsim the last day, there were bout 7-10 of us all behind the ditchline pinned by the enemy in the outpost and at the tyres, we were trying to figure out a way forward but every time we'd pop up our heads we'd get a volley of bb's at us, so wedecided we'd all get up and spray the place hoping to get their heads down so we cud move up. Got over the ditch and was behind a clump of trees arguing wit another lad about how to move forward, all of a sudden I looked up the there was Sam already after running up to the tyres spraying everything that moved wit bb's! So I jumped up and ran for the tyres, at that moment everyone seemed to get up and start shooting and we swarmed the outpost and moved into the woods on a full scale attack coordinating everything with radios (well trying to) and ended up taking the enemy base.

Epic fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Last milsim at RAB in Cork, one of the guys had 8 guns. Three (might have been four) were decent pieces of kit but the others were cheap springers he bought abroad for the laugh.

He set them all around the base, then joined a small group of guys going out on an attack run. Near the enemy base, he realised he'd forgotten to grab one of his guns and had to borrow his mate's pistol.

We wouldn't leave him alone afterwards - eight guns he brings with him and he ends up begging his mate for another one!

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Last milsim at RAB in Cork, one of the guys had 8 guns. Three (might have been four) were decent pieces of kit but the others were cheap springers he bought abroad for the laugh.

He set them all around the base, then joined a small group of guys going out on an attack run. Near the enemy base, he realised he'd forgotten to grab one of his guns and had to borrow his mate's pistol.

We wouldn't leave him alone afterwards - eight guns he brings with him and he ends up begging his mate for another one!

I was there, which guy was that?

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

Might sound a bit weird but my favorite airsoft experience was very early in my airsoft career , I hardly knew anybody and had just impaled my hand on a small branch (hospital and a couple of stitches) when everyone rallied around. One player prepared me for the trip to hospital , another offered to drive me to the hospital and yet another drove my van back for me. The reason this is my favorite memory is simple , it shows the type of person that I was joining in "brotherhood" with. Strangers offered help and friendship without hesitation and these are still some of the closest friends I have years later.

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    I was there, which guy was that?

Don't know his surname but his first name is Jack. Can't remember what team we were on either. Sorry. :P

Don't know his surname but his first name is Jack. Can't remember what team we were on either. Sorry. :P

was that the fella on the blue team (i was on the red team) going around with shotguns and stuff hanging off him?

oh dear

• Advertisement

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    was that the fella on the blue team (i was on the red team) going around with shotguns and stuff hanging off him?

Yeah. :P

yet another favourite moment of mine is the one described in the first post by osmosis i was the one chasing noobs away by shooting at them 1 handed with a whopper m14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Favourite experiece? Probably the Somalia Conflict Part 2.

I was the team medic. We got ambused on the main track and we were pinned down in the ditch. Everybody was shouting for a medic but i ran out of bandages. Que me crawling around asking people for bandages. Reminded me of that episode in BOB were they're in bastogne. :)

I now know why nobody wanted to be the medic :p

Advertisement