Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ordering from uk

Options
  • 04-09-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Any one ever fealty with wolf armories in the uk? Need some thoughts on purchasing from them? What tax's/ extra charges will I get when ordering from England? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

i was literaly just thinkin of postin this question

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭OutsiderAkuma

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    i was literaly just thinkin of postin this question

Lol I secretly knew that and posted this for ya man lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Any one ever fealty with wolf armories in the uk? Need some thoughts on purchasing from them? What tax's/ extra charges will I get when ordering from England? Cheers

Wolf are generally considered expensive by UK standards. I've not used them in any capacity myself so cannot comment on their service.

As for taxes and the like, you know that both Ireland and the UK are inside the E.U. right?

Lemming wrote: »
    Wolf are generally considered expensive by UK standards. I've not used them in any capacity myself so cannot comment on their service.

As for taxes and the like, you know that both Ireland and the UK are inside the E.U. right?

Yes I know they both are-sarcasm not needed, I just didn't know as it's airsoft, if there was an extra charge other than the delivery. Can you recommend some decent uk retailers then

Edit: or if anyone knows any decent retailers within the EU

Yes I know they both are-sarcasm not needed, I just didn't know as it's airsoft, if there was an extra charge other than the delivery. Can you recommend some decent uk retailers then

Edit: or if anyone knows any decent retailers within the EU

That wasn't sarcasm. It was a point. Within the EU is within the EU and the blocking of goods and services by way of additional tariffs goes against one of the founding ideologies of the EU. Anyway, no there are no additional charges other than postage (and whatever currency rates you get given that you're paying in a currency other than euro).

As for UK or EU retailers; what are you looking for? Guns? Kit? BBs? etc.

From within the UK, and off the top of my head (I'm missing a few I'm sure);

if you are looking for tactical kit, clothing, or other stuff (beds, bashas, etc.);

As for European retailers;

the only one I really deal with since some of the others have questionable shipping charges and/or do not like it when you point out the quote is significantly dearer than what their website-listed shipping prices (by weight) are ... is Begadi, whom I used a lot for BBs but they do quite a bit of other stuff.

• Advertisement

Thank you lemming

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Lemming wrote: »
    the only one I really deal with since some of the others have questionable shipping charges and/or do not like it when you point out the quote is significantly dearer than what their website-listed shipping prices (by weight) are ... is Begadi, whom I used a lot for BBs but they do quite a bit of other stuff.

Just on a side note; for anyone considering ordering off of Begadi, remember that SEAirsoft are the official agents for Begadi in Ireland. May as well keep it in the family buy Irish :)

Inari wrote: »
    Just on a side note; for anyone considering ordering off of Begadi, remember that SEAirsoft are the official agents for Begadi in Ireland. May as well keep it in the family buy Irish :)

I had forgotten that. Cheers Inari, and with my apologies to SE-Airsoft!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Wolf are expensive for some things, but cheap for some... weirdly. You can get some good deals off them if you look for it. Some things though, you'd pay through the nose for. It depends.

Service? Grand. I've used them a few times.

What lemming meant, by the EU part, is that no, aside from shipping costs to ireland, which would be the same roughly, for any UK retailer, there will be no extra charge, because its within the EU, and EU trade laws apply, ie, no import / export duty. Airsoft, as its considered a toy, wouldnt be classified any differently...

'oh well it LOOKS like a gun, lets add a 'looks' like a gun charge...

heck, if they did that, Fianna Fáil should have been charged for 'looking' like a political party.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Typhon

Firekitten wrote: »

'oh well it LOOKS like a gun, lets add a 'looks' like a gun charge...

heck, if they did that, Fianna Fáil should have been charged for 'looking' like a political party.

AHAHAHAHAHA legandary comment :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement