Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

• 03-08-2011 2:22pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

So, it's official. Was pretty much expected, but they've confirmed that Borderlands 2 is in development, and is due out between....April 2012 and spring 2013. So no margin for error there.

http://kotaku.com/5827241/borderlands-2-is-official-borderlands-2-is-coming

Must go finish the 1st one now.
    Now that the game is out, please use spoiler tags when discussing plot elements.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Awesome....

Still have to finish my second playthrough and then do all the DLC that I bought in the PS Store sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Been replaying the 1st game, over the last few weeks and this news is all kinds of awesome, but ffs that is still some wait, would have thought the game would have been well into development by now and be closer to a april 2012 release than a spring 2013 one :mad:

Much as I loved the game there is a few things I'd like them to fix. The vehicle controls bugged me, and the fact that if you played on line with someone that was further ahead than you, your quest list got populated with all quests you hadn't discovered.

They also needed a better variety of enemies.

Otherwise I'd gladly take more of the same, some of the best stuff was in the DLC there was enough in it to have nearly made BL2 from that alone and it had some of the better environments. I liked how they used the ending of the main game to make the Claptrap DLC, and it had some of the best humour like when you killed one it might say "I see 3..... flashing... red lights" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

This is indeed great news, have to finish the DLC now! Maybe i'll play through it again. And hopefully they'll have a better ending/boss, the last one in the main story sucked dong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

This has just reminded me to finally get around to the first one (I'll have to go digging in my steam sales pile), should nicely fill in the gap between now and Deus Ex HRs release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Better environment, a story, more varied enemies and a more immersive world would be my main wishes. Gameplay wise I'd take more of the same

• Advertisement

This is indeed great news, have to finish the DLC now! Maybe i'll play through it again. And hopefully they'll have a better ending/boss, the last one in the main story sucked dong.

The claptrap dlc made up for it imo do you remember the after credits bit
    where the claptrap gets struck down by a satellite transmition and it's eye changes from green to red
    ? that was the real ending for me , but your right and the sh!tty loot you get from the boss at the end p!ssed me off no end :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Could never finish the first one..... Can't remember why....

Might try it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Such a fantastic game, looking forward to playing #2

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Really looking forward to this, have played the first one to death at this stage.

calex71 wrote: »
    The claptrap dlc made up for it imo do you remember the after credits bit
    where the claptrap gets struck down by a satellite transmition and it's eye changes from green to red
    ? that was the real ending for me , but your right and the sh!tty loot you get from the boss at the end p!ssed me off no end :D

Yeah, i really have to get back to it.
    Could never finish the first one..... Can't remember why....

Might try it again!

Do, highly recommended. The gun customization is a bit much to get your head around initially, but once you have it it's a savage game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll just leave this here...

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

YAY, cant wait! \:)/ borderlands was one of the most fun game ive ever played esp wen playing with mates...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I hope they fix the way online works, it was one of the worst online experiences ive ever had. trying to join games, host games, and when actually joining with randomers it was a mess.
    Im sure its fine when you're playing with friends and you're all the same lvl/doing the same quests but for randomers it was horrible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

First teaser has been released.

Spunge wrote: »
    I hope they fix the way online works, it was one of the worst online experiences ive ever had. trying to join games, host games, and when actually joining with randomers it was a mess.
    Im sure its fine when you're playing with friends and you're all the same lvl/doing the same quests but for randomers it was horrible.

I thought the same, I'm back at it at the moment though and it's a very different experience now. The messers seem to be gone, most who join my games seem to get on with it and communicate at a level above the average 12 year old :D

It's really annoying when you join someone who is miles ahead and your list gets permanently populated with all the quests they have done/discovered :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,306 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Kiith wrote: »
    First teaser has been released.

Dual wielding assault rifles? Nice.

Wonder if they're doing that in game or if it's just for advertising purposes.

I thought it was an Assault Rifle/Shotgun combo?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

It looks like it's in game, especially as that "class" is a Gunzerker. I wouldn't expect dual weild for other classes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

borderlands is the only game i've platinumed so far, i played the bollocks out of it! The only dlc i haven't finished is the claptrap one, must get around to it soon!

Kersmash wrote: »
    borderlands is the only game i've platinumed so far, i played the bollocks out of it! The only dlc i haven't finished is the claptrap one, must get around to it soon!

The drop rates on the bobble heads , pizza slices etc for those achievements are insanely low just have those left to complete it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

The drop rates on the bobble heads , pizza slices etc for those achievements are insanely low just have those left to complete it :(

It's a major farming pain in the proverbial.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Not sure if the 1st pic on Kotaku is actually ingame, but damn it looks nice.
    http://kotaku.com/5831685/borderlands-2-from-the-angle-youll-be-playing-it/gallery/1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Kiith wrote: »
    Not sure if the 1st pic on Kotaku is actually ingame, but damn it looks nice.
    http://kotaku.com/5831685/borderlands-2-from-the-angle-youll-be-playing-it/gallery/1

Looks gorgeous. Very colourful.

Pics:
    In-game view

xlarge_nightstalkers.jpg

Game Art

xlarge_snowattack.jpg
    xlarge_warloaderbandits.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Jumped back into Borderlands 1 for the laugh, forgot how much I love this game. Hope they tweak the game some, like a quick slot for health vials rather than having to trawl the inventory for 1 in the middle of a fire-fight.

Oh lots of tasty info, sounds great. Nice how each manufacturer has its own style rather than +1% or 2% on Accuracy or such in BL1.

And is it me or could the girl in this pic:

borderlands4.jpg

be another of the player characters?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That sounds really incredible. This game is going to be massive.

Lmao at the runt tied to the shield in that pic ^

Looks like lillith.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

recently started my 2nd playthrough, its bloody hard, nearly every group you run into suddenly is a boss battle, nearly always almost die only to get that second wind and pull through!

online system is terrible from what ive tried of it, random levels thrown together so I was with players 30 levels above me, noone on my friends list plays it so ive had to go it alone, now have all the DLC so once I finish the 2nd play through i'll be on to them next!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

1 is a superb game ,looking forward to 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,433 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Good interview with the lead designer on IGN.

Advertisement