Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bioware/EA applications, offices, work and accommodation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,658 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I've been watching, 'cos I know that where-ever they locate, there will be lots of people looking on the inter-webz to find out how to get there by public transport ;) Haven't seen any announcements yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I checked their site and the address was mervue business park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

I may be mistaken, but I think that they are temporarily located in the Galway Technology Centre beside the bank.

There is a shared reception desk on the ground floor. You could try making contact with them there, I would not advise going to their unit directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Captain Plan It

hi, iv got an interview with BioWare in Galway next week for one of their customer service representative positions. Just wondering if anyone knows what they are like to work for? they are hiring at the minute so if anyone has interviewed with them or even heard anything about what the company is like, id greatly appreciate any info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

They are a very new company in Galway so not sure if you will get much feedback here.... I met them at a career fair in NUIG a few months back; they were trying to convey a hip fun place to work and were eager to talk to people who liked gaming & technology. I got the impression that their wages might not be the best but I could be wrong there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Never heard of them, the name sounds more suited to a biological weapons manufacturer.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

If you're not well into video games I'd say forget it.

It's the first thing those kind of companies (ie: Blizzard) ask you.

They've done a lot of RPG classics like Baldur's Gate, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect and the upcoming Star Wars MMORPG The Old Republic.

If you're not versed in these I'd imagine it'd hard to get in there.

Don't know anything about the company - am curious to know where their office is though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

JustMary wrote: »
    Don't know anything about the company - am curious to know where their office is though?

Unit 7, Galway Technology Centre, Mervue, Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Hard to say. Bioware are owned by EA, who were once notorious for mistreatment of employees regarding overtime and such. That was a few years ago and im not sure if Bioware would have adopted the same practices as EA.

They are very popular games developer if that means anything. I think the support work involved in the Galway facility will be for "Star Wars: The Old Republic", which is due to be released later this year. You could likely be "playing" the games as an admin to help players or you will be taking phone calls. jayteecork is right, you would want to know your games if going for this job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Just because you're into gaming doesn't mean you're going to enjoy doing customer support though. They are two very different things. I know a couple of people who worked for Blizzard in Cork and hated it despite being big fans of all things related to Warcraft and Starcraft.

Of course everyone is different but it's just something worth bearing in mind I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭InchicoreDude

sgthighway wrote: »

At the career fair I mentioned earlier, they did say to me that they will be moving from there. Cant remember where to though...

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

Does anyone know where in the city the Bioware offices are?

Need to know so that I can do some homework on what accommodation is in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

according to online sources

But ive been told by multiple people that they are setting up here
    They are doing serious renovating on that building right now and putting windows into it so its quite possible.

Anyone know for sure?

They don't make the information easy to find do they? When I saw the thread I thought of the Mervue Business Park as well but I can't say 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭kqcregg

Definitely in Parkmore when its finished. Mervue was always a temp location while they set up their main office. I think October is their deadlne but not 100% sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

It's out in the GTC. Head towards the Eye Cinema along the lake and head straight on, past the Community College. Keep going up Wellpark Road and it's in the industry park on the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

Ok, thanks guys. Muchly appreciated.

kqcregg wrote: »
    Definitely in Parkmore when its finished. Mervue was always a temp location while they set up their main office. I think October is their deadlne but not 100% sure.

Are they definitely going in to the building that Kreig pointed to?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

bioware are advertising in the mayo advertiser for jobs in galway?

Anyone know whereabout's the are going to be based in galway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

irishgeo wrote: »
    bioware are advertising in the mayo advertiser for jobs in galway?

Anyone know whereabout's the are going to be based in galway?

Parkmore, afaik.

The same question has been asked and answered here.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭JaneHudson

Do they look for a lot of experience? Like office customer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Are the jobs available here only during the week or are their weekend jobs? Student myself and free to work Thursday to Sunday and thought I might pop them my CV :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

JaneHudson wrote: »
    Do they look for a lot of experience? Like office customer service.

They definately look for good customer service skills - I got asked a lot of questions about my experiences in that when I had my interviews. They also asked if I was a gamer since I think they also look for someone who is experienced/passionate about games as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

silvara wrote: »
    They definately look for good customer service skills - I got asked a lot of questions about my experiences in that when I had my interviews. They also asked if I was a gamer since I think they also look for someone who is experienced/passionate about games as well...
    How did you get on?Doing the online interview tmro!Are there many more stages after that?Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭silvara

How did you get on?Doing the online interview tmro!Are there many more stages after that?Thanks

Yes I got the job and am starting on the 1st November!! I interviewed via webcam since I am currently in London, so it might be a little different in person. But I had one written test and then two online interviews....

Good luck tomorrow - you will have to let me know how you get on :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Surfacezebra

silvara wrote: »
    Yes I got the job and am starting on the 1st November!! I interviewed via webcam since I am currently in London, so it might be a little different in person. But I had one written test and then two online interviews....

Good luck tomorrow - you will have to let me know how you get on :-)
    Good stuff man,will update you when I get word,This is just the first online interview so a bit to go.Thanks

Advertisement