Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bum, boobs or legs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Mackman wrote: »
    To me size 10-14 is curvy. Size 8 is too thin, size 16 is too big, 12 is juuuuuuust right :)

Is a size 10 considered curvy? I suppose depends on height too I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

shinikins wrote: »
    I'm calling you both out on this, I wear a size 16, but I'm quite tall for a woman, but not out if the average height range. Most people guess I wear a size 12. Also I never had a problem buying clothes in Barcelona when I was there, or underwear, quite the opposite in fact! Oh, and bum all the way, you can't beat a nice ass!

I'm tall for a woman too, but when I was size 16 I was fat! Even at size 12 I could do with a bit of toning up.

People used to say I could get 'away with it being tall'. I think they were just being polite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

SV wrote: »
    Compared to Nicki Minaj...

what are we talking here?

me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

I couldn't pick one because i like them all so i voted Overall womanly shape.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

me?

Yep!

Pics preferable like but I'm not fussy.

• Advertisement

Yep!

Pics preferable like but I'm not fussy.

had to look her up, but i'd say i'd be about 2/3 the size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭johnr1

Depends whether I'm just admiring in a mall/on the street or seriously looking as in considering asking her out.

Admiring from a distance : Legs, then ass, then boobs

Seriously looking, they all play second fiddle to a really pretty face and winning smile, but with half an eye on the general shape/size.:D
    The hourglass figure is hard to beat, but in EVERY photo you see of a girl with one, she's overweight. Women with lovely hourglass type figures who aren't really wide hipped and who arent humongous up top exist too.

If I had to choose two out of the three I'd drop the legs, then the boobs, but the ass is non-negotiable:D Having said that, most womens asses have their own beauty, it's rare to see an awful one on an othewise fit attractive woman, in fact I can only think of one offhand - Keelin Shanley who does consumer programmes on rte.:( Shes sexy as hell, especially the voice, but God, - no ass at all:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

It's weird. Bum literally doesn't do anything for me. Legs and boobs however...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

johnr1 wrote: »
    Depends whether I'm just admiring in a mall/on the street or seriously looking as in considering asking her out.

Admiring from a distance : Legs, then ass, then boobs

Seriously looking, they all play second fiddle to a really pretty face and winning smile, but with half an eye on the general shape/size.:D
    The hourglass figure is hard to beat, but in EVERY photo you see of a girl with one, she's overweight. Women with lovely hourglass type figures who aren't really wide hipped and who arent humongous up top exist too.

If I had to choose two out of the three I'd drop the legs, then the boobs, but the ass is non-negotiable:D Having said that, most womens asses have their own beauty, it's rare to see an awful one on an othewise fit attractive woman, in fact I can only think of one offhand - Keelin Shanley who does consumer programmes on rte.:( Shes sexy as hell, especially the voice, but God, - no ass at all:eek:

Surely a nice bum/legs would compensate for boobs or does it matter to ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

had to look her up, but i'd say i'd be about 2/3 the size

:D

All hope is not lost for Irish women after all!
    you are Irish aren't you

• Advertisement

doovdela wrote: »
    Surely a nice bum/legs would compensate for boobs or does it matter to ye?

They would, and regularly do, but we're talking perfect world stuff here.

I'd personally be looking down the road ten or twenty years and trying to guess what she'll look like then, but in a relationship, once the attraction is there, it really doesent matter which bits attracted in the first place.

"But seriously, the overall shape is nice. As long as all her parts fit together nicely. She doesn't have to have AMAZING tits or INCREDIBLE hips or the like. Just as long as the body compliments itself."

This by HUNK sums it up nicely ^^^^^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Bumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbumbum

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm tall for a woman too, but when I was size 16 I was fat! Even at size 12 I could do with a bit of toning up.

People used to say I could get 'away with it being tall'. I think they were just being polite.
    Its all subjective though, if you have a small frame or delicate bone structure if course you'll look fat at size 16, regardless of your height. Likewise if you're flabby, but if you exercise and wear the right sized clothing then size 16 can hardly be considered overweight if you're tall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Its all subjective though, if you have a small frame or delicate bone structure if course you'll look fat at size 16, regardless of your height. Likewise if you're flabby, but if you exercise and wear the right sized clothing then size 16 can hardly be considered overweight if you're tall.

Is it subjective though? I don't know much about women's dress sizes to be honest but a google for size 16 throws up this girl who is 5ft 10 and a model. She's fat. Not ridiculous american fat but she is fat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I'm calling you both out on this, I wear a size 16, but I'm quite tall for a woman, but not out if the average height range. Most people guess I wear a size 12
    I'm not making a value judgement S, I'm just saying size 16 would be too "big" for me all things being equal. They're going to be heavier than me for a start(which puts a fair few ladies off).
    Larianne wrote: »

Maybe, but again they may well have being telling the truth as they saw it. Like I say personal prefs and all.
    johnr1 wrote:
    The hourglass figure is hard to beat, but in EVERY photo you see of a girl with one, she's overweight.
    I'd generally agree with that. Though again being subjective about overweight. In my personal experience and observation, lots of, if not most men(esp Irish men) seem to prefer more meat on the bones compared to me. They prefer more "solid" women. They'll describe a woman in a size 14 as slim to them. Even when they say they like smaller in famous types and the rest I've seen guys have the choice of that body shape and still go for bigger.

I'd defo be more the outlier in this. I've yet to have a long termer with a woman above 8ish-10, most were squarely 6-8's indeed. I just prefer the less is more thing. Small framed, more delicate/slim athletic looking women, thin wrists and ankles etc appeal more to me and contrary to some they can have perfectly rounded figures at that size.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

:D

All hope is not lost for Irish women after all!
    you are Irish aren't you

I am. but i am terribly bad at judging things also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

Why is there no option to vote for a woman's face. All the rest - a great bum, great boobs, great legs, is just a bonus in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

face then bum.

legs nd boobs are not as essential as these 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Wow, the amount of men who like bums!
    My husband is a bum man too.
    I just don't understand biologically why guys would like bums.
    I mean boobs and hips signify fertility, but what about bums?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Hmmm I think I go for bum and legs then boobs!

Nothing like a gal who looks good in a pair of jeans! :P

I think it's because your bum is the first place a lot of people put on weight so a well toned bum is a good indicator of general overall health and fitness. You never see a sports star with a flabby ass... So I reckon we are evolutionarily (is that a word?) programmed to find a nice bum attractive.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Actually I'd add a waist as an option. Waist smaller than hips a biggy.
    Could be a few things. Could be a holdover from our primate past. Apes go for bums too. Bums and shapely bums are narrower at the top and spread wider, which gives the ideal hip waist ratio which signifies reproductive health. Women with the .7 ratio are far far less likely to be infertile. Its a constant in history too.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

I think in this thread, bums = bums+hips, seeing as hips dont have their own spot in the poll.
    See Wibbs post above re waist hip ratio, but in my opinion despite the science which disagrees with me, it should read, waist-hip-boobs ratio.

On hips specifically, the line from a womans waist to leg can be impossibly beautiful:):P

Just to throw something else in the pot, does anyone else find those dimples which some women have on their back roughly in line with their ovaries ridiculously sexy ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

strobe wrote: »
    Is it subjective though? I don't know much about women's dress sizes to be honest but a google for size 16 throws up this girl who is 5ft 10 and a model. She's fat. Not ridiculous american fat but she is fat.
    So is this model, Crystal Renn. The girl you linked doesn't look as if she's done a days exercise in her life, and is only 16, so a lot of her weight may well be puppy fat. `My point was, that not every woman who wears more than a size 12 is fat. Hell when I was a size 12 i was incredibly thin, and had several people ask me if I had an eating disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

DaveDaRave wrote: »
    Stop encouraging fat women to stay fat.

Nob.

So is this model, Crystal Renn. The girl you linked doesn't look as if she's done a days exercise in her life, and is only 16, so a lot of her weight may well be puppy fat. `My point was, that not every woman who wears more than a size 12 is fat. Hell when I was a size 12 i was incredibly thin, and had several people ask me if I had an eating disorder.

Crystal Renn? Wikipedia says UK size 12. She says herself in this interview here she wears a size 6 to 8 (I presume those are US sizes) dress. Her agent says 'solid size 10' in the same interview. No size 16 girl she be as far as I can see. [my google fu is strong :pac: It also tells me Tara Lynn is the most famous size 16 model. Guess what, she's fat.]. But whatever, can't believe I'm in a conversation about women's dress sizes, I better go build a wall or something before I start going fruity.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭garbanzo

(.) (.) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

bryaner wrote: »
    Nob.

No, we're talking about women parts in this thread.

• Advertisement

strobe wrote: »
    Crystal Renn? Wikipedia says UK size 12. She says herself in this interview here she wears a size 6 to 8 (I presume those are US sizes) dress. Her agent says 'solid size 10' in the same interview. No size 16 girl she be as far as I can see.
    +1 I prefer the slimmer Renn TBH.

Advertisement