Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone remember this Gaa Documentary

• 10-08-2011 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Hi lads and ladies, does anyone remember the documentary following the Dublin Gaelic Football team a few years ago where the filmed and documented the season of training the team undertook, half-time speeches and Dublins journey in the championship, I reckon it was aired about three to four years ago on Rte 2. I'm not a dubliner but have been looking everywhere for it. It really showed the work out players put in from Ireland, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I think it was filmed during the 2005 championship season. Remember poor old Shocko and his shoulder injury in the Leinster semi final against Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Ah that was a brilliand documentary, think it was the pillar caffrey era

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

remember wathcing it , it was in 2005 , it was very good showing some good footage from the matches, the players going into the icebaths after training, i remember at one stage pillar saying to the players during one of the training sessions, 'you can party any other summer, ye'll have plenty of time for that ' . the programme also showed them having a few pints after the leinster final against laois at the dog track in shelbourne or harolds cross. i don't remember the name of the programme, but it might have been a summer with the dubs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Come to think of it, I would like to get my hands on this myself.

There is a sporadic user on here called Dapos.He has a lot of videos and outakes of programs both hurling and football.I know for example he posted the Dublin v Meath part of the documentary.

I think he is the man to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

I know I have it recorded on video at home. Might be worth checking out irishtorrents.com for it as well?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Tubsandtiles

blackbelt wrote: »
    Come to think of it, I would like to get my hands on this myself.

There is a sporadic user on here called Dapos.He has a lot of videos and outakes of programs both hurling and football.I know for example he posted the Dublin v Meath part of the documentary.

I think he is the man to go to.
    Thanks, if I get my hands on it I'll put it on youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Thanks, if I get my hands on it I'll put it on youtube

Going to wake this sleeper thread It is still on the RTE website

https://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/the-dubs-the-story-of-a-season-30003529/10488112/

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Watch the half time speech at 1 hour and 5 minutes in. Tyrone are hammering the Dubs. There is Cluxton trying his best to get the lads rowed in behind that Pillar is saying.

Hard to believe looking at it, that one day he would be the only person ever to lift Sam as captain four times.

Jesus, we've come a long, long way. Still prefer the Arnotts strip though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,752 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

loved that doc and wish they had done one with a hurling team, Although they made a Clare DVD of the 2013 season and it was good

The short Roscommon one of this years championship they done on youtube was quite good. Also Marooned (2004 westmeath season with Paidi O Se in charge) and The 1998 Galway football doc are good.

Advertisement