Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why handguns are better than women... ;)

Options
  • 28-07-2011 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭

Well lads, the image says it all. I know what I'm going to buy.

48903b530ce5754bad5715e796ead57c.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

But ****ing a gun........risky.....

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Spitfire_24

Damnit!!! Doc got in before me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Giving a gun oral is how most "suicides" happen, those accidental discharges ya know?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Atleast when a gun goes off, it satisfies the shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

gotta love no.1...just imagine how great it would be if you could actually buy a silencer for women ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Firekitten wrote: »
    Atleast when a gun goes off, it satisfies the shooter.

You've clearly never fired a .22. I've had tequila with more kick.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    gotta love no.1...just imagine how great it would be if you could actually buy a silencer for women ;)
    You can - the Japs nailed that one a while back.. :D

remote_03.jpg

At the end of the day, once the shooter is happy, who cares about the target?

NakedDex wrote: »
    At the end of the day, once the shooter is happy, who cares about the target?

You should......

CAUSE IM SHOOTING ALL OVER YORE MA

YEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW

thumbnail.aspx?q=1013616816144&id=d6fdaa49c4a1d0ae5b621afb17040414&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.thatsprettyawesome.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2009%2f06%2fboys-noize-oi-oi-oi.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

lol.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭dinko4gr

i actually laughed hard at work reading this one ... then i had to show to all colleagues so they dont thinkg im weird ( ok ok .. not that much:D:D:pac::pac::pac:)

333thread_win.jpg

P.S. Steve does that remote work with LiPo for crisper button response? :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Handguns are better than girls because they normally have serial numbers and with a little research you can easilly determine their actual date of birth thus avoiding certain statutory situations arising;)

Although this can be easily remedied:

449_datestamp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

and people wonder why there is a lack of women in the hobby :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Puding wrote: »
    and people wonder why there is a lack of women in the hobby :)

Maybe its because women dont find men who like toy guns attractive?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Degsy wrote: »

Nope, that's not it.

Its not the toy guns, its the men.

A lot of airsofters, havent mentally aged past 15. 'some' are socially awkward, and a lot treat it as thier boys garden shed... When a female turns up, shes treated to the meercat effect, of every head turning when they automatically register that voice peaking 200hz over the average male one...

feels awkward, and isolating, and frankly, a lot of topics at airsoft site, and forums, are misogynistic, rude, and sexist. 'why handguns are better than women' for example, topics on 'girls with guns' 'best totty' topics...
    hell, discussing leud acts regarding female players, hitting on female players or just being pervs.

I got asked at one sight, by the site OWNER, if id play in my dpm trousers and sports bra, if i did... id get my green fee back....

Don't think any have asked the average tubby male airsofter to strip down to his boxers for cash have they?

Not everyone is like this... of course, theres a lot of charming, wonderful people. But I do find it annoying, when someone asks 'why arent there more women playing' when they dont look right in front of them.

On that note, I cant belive this topic is still going. Its got to be one of the longest surviving of its type ever... the repeated niavity shown in these topics is frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

Don't think any have asked the average tubby male airsofter to strip down to his boxers for cash have they?

I offered for free ! but there were no takers !

In fairness its not like the airsoft field is a big "untapped resource" for pulling.

And I'll 1000000% agree with you that the mental capaicty of most airsofters would probably put them out of reach of getting a lil you know what.

And as you also rightly said alot of airsofters are what I'd consider "socially sketchy".In other words, Mon-Fri could definitly be on the sex offenders list.

But it works both ways, I probably wouldnt be interested in a lady all up in airsoft, cause I'm pretty sure a that a collision of that much nerd would result in a wormhole of some sorts, and not the sorta hole you want.

But there is always the exception, AVERT YOUR EYES CHILDREN AND PC BRIGADE
    sure wasnt there two lads that absolutely buried some young ones in the afters of Berget?

I got asked at one sight, by the site OWNER, if id play in my dpm trousers and sports bra, if i did... id get my green fee back....

Careful now, in the current climate, making factual statements about some knuckle dragger wanting to whiff your knickers might gets boards sued.

Sketch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Rob2593

In all fairness this is just a joke. It's not meant to offend anyone and so far everyone has been getting laughs out of it. I don't exactly want to turn this into a debate but you're taking this over the top Firekitten. I posted this for a laugh and to give the rest of you a laugh, so there's no need to take it personal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Rob2593 wrote: »
    In all fairness this is just a joke. It's not meant to offend anyone and so far everyone has been getting laughs out of it. I don't exactly want to turn this into a debate but you're taking this over the top Firekitten. I posted this for a laugh and to give the rest of you a laugh, so there's no need to take it personal.

I don't think she, nor anyone else has taken this thread personally. However the topic/question arose of "Actually yeah, why aren't there more women?" and this type of discussion is partly to do with that.

It's nothing against you, nor any of the posters in this thread. It is the same in EVERY single male-dominated activity. You naturally talk about what you have in common with others around you, and since you're surrounded by men, the conversation usually goes Guns -> Women -> Guns & Women -> LOL

There was a good thread recently on Women & Airsoft which dealt with this kind of topic :)

For any interested, you can find that thread here

whydave wrote: »
    Ah jesus, saved at the last second.
    Rob2593 wrote: »
    Here is you -->

Here is the point-->

(you missed it)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

whydave wrote: »
    Ah jesus, at last

Photos soon !!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

What have I created? *hangs self*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

*hangs self*

awwww........

.....i feel safe to post on boards now........

now runs away.

To be fair, while there is a massive amount of adolescent immaturity from players, I'd put a lot of it down to sheer juxtaposition of presence. I've coached women's sports and been the only guy among thirty or so women and had the same feeling to be honest. There's an element of it in anything where the gender balance is wildly skewed, regardless of which side it's in favour of.
    How it's dealt with (cat-calls or quiet whispers) is down to the attitude of those present. Most people might say something along the lines of "Hey, look at him/her", but ultimately won't take it any further. It's the typically vocal minority that cause the discomfort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nah its the getting dressed up like an overweight,hugely unfit "soldier" and talking about plastic guns that shoot beads..thats why airsofters cant get women.

How many people posting about "handguns"(as opposed to pistols) have ever actually carried or used a working firearm?

Nah its the getting dressed up like an overweight,hugely unfit "soldier" and talking about plastic guns that shoot beads..thats why airsofters cant get women.

How many people posting about "handguns"(as opposed to pistols) have ever actually carried or used a working firearm?
    No, its really not.
    A,
    I'll be honest, Lemming talks about 'plastic guns' and dresses up like a soldier, and hes actually quite fit :P
    Hell, I talk about toy guns....

B,
    I have, and I've heard equal number of professionals (Military) refer to them as handgun, sidearm, pistol, or gat, so do tone down the attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

It's a disgrase Joe. Guys running around with guns unable to pull women.

• Advertisement

Isn't it interesting how things can be taken just a little out of context and made to sound totally different?
    Nah its the getting dressed up like an overweight,hugely unfit "football player" and talking about persuing inflated synthetic leather around a field with flags on the end..thats why football fans cant get women.

How many people posting about "football"(as opposed to soccer) have ever actually played or competed on a professional team?

Advertisement