Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Going It Alone?

• 08-08-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭

Ok, so recently I have been wanting to go more and more to Airsoft, and my team mates are either off doing what ever or working or just not plain bothered to go, so I decided might as well go by myself, so I have never gone by myself and I was feeling sceptical on the idea of being by myself all day, so can any one tell me what it's like going to airsoft by yourself, is it any different, do you feel some what secluded from your team of people you don't know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

i usually "go alone" but when i get to the site i usually play at i know all the regulars so i have a cracking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I always go alone. But it's not so bad...

ForeverAlone.png

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭se conman

I have gone to sites alone but have NEVER felt left out. You will have no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Ive played for 6 years, 99% of that wasnt as part of a team... I love going to different sites, alone or in a group, everyones friendly and nice, and you can just walk upto people and talk to them! they include you, its all grand. Airsoft is awesomely sociable. Dont need to wait for your mates, pop off and visit somewhere new for a new experience :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Thanks everyone, really sorted out my mind, may go next week, just need to pick up a new battery, hope to all see you on the field. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

I'm relativly new to airsoft, only been out 4 times and i turned up to my local site on a whim last weekend to do a half day in the afternoon. as soon as i alked in the marshals remembered me (my ugly mug anyway)even though it had been 3 months since i was at his site and two of the regulars whose team I had been on remembered me by name and made a point of aproaching the marshal to ensure i got the same colour arm band as them so i was in a team with folks i knew. couldnt ask for much more than that.

the way i looked at it I may have been alone on the drive over and the walk to the tables but as soon as the whistle or whatever went i'd be part of a team that was more or less working tgether to reach an objective and have a great day at the same time.

turns out I'll probably be free thsi weekend again and if the lads arent availible i may just pop up to my local site alone again or else take the dreaded drive to a new site but i wont let the not knowing anyone phase me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

swiftblade wrote: »
    I always go alone. But it's not so bad...

ForeverAlone.png

sean sits in the corner of the safe zone with that face holding his bar10 ........hes just an attention seeker :p

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭shane_rafferty

sean sits in the corner of the safe zone with that face holding his bar10 ........hes just an attention seeker :p

someone misses their bar ;)

going to a site is nothing to worry about you'll end up talk to people on your team and you'll be fine :P

someone misses their bar ;)

LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

LEAVE HER OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!

You mean him. His name is Gerry :p

To be honest, I have yet to meet an unfriendly airsofter. Cathal dosen't count as he's just weird. :p
    take the plunge. Go on your own. You won't regret it.

• Advertisement

swiftblade wrote: »
    You mean him. His name is Gerry :p

To be honest, I have yet to meet an unfriendly airsofter. Cathal dosen't count as he's just weird. :p
    take the plunge. Go on your own. You won't regret it.

you had no right to change her :eek: and it geraldine FYI.

WEIRD???!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?.....yup sounds about right :)

Advertisement