Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3DS massive price drop, 20 free games for early adopters

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What kind of backwards compatibility does the 3DS have?

Just DS games via slot/DSiWare games via the shop.

3D versions of certain NES titles via the virtual console...guess it's getting some non 3D versions for this.
    Gameboy + Gameboy Color titles via virtual console...oh and they're adding Gamegear titles to the virtual console soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Still not interested in this device. My launch day lite still manages to get almost 7-8 hours of play. I've no interest in 3d and it's inclusion or otherwise wouldn't influence me in the slightest but I cant get past that battery life.

Also it's ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Isn't this EXACTLY what they did with the N64? Overpriced for first few weeks ($200) so the die-hards will buy it and then drop it to reasonable price for the general public ($149)?

http://ie.ign64.ign.com/articles/060/060605p1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

If my memory serves me correct this is the fastest a company has ever dropped their price of a console, I mean 6 months...come on

I don't remember it dropping that fast for N64 Resi12 but maybe i'm wrong, I was rather young back then.

Edit: From that article is says the N64 was released in September was the price was being reduced around the end of march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

/\/ollog wrote: »
    http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/news/2011/nintendo_3ds_ambassador_programme_44123.html

YOU NEED TO CONNECT TO WIFI BEFORE AUGUST 11TH IN ORDER TO BE MARKED AS AN EARLY-ADOPTER, SO GO TO MCDONALDS OR SOMETHING AND DOWNLOAD A SYSTEM MENU UPDATE OR SOMETHING.
    ANYONE WHO DOESN'T CONNECT TO THE INTERNET ON THEIR 3DS BEFORE AUGUST 11TH 11:59PM WILL NOT RECEIVE THE FREE GAMES FROM THE ESHOP.

Nice.....I guess we're getting GBA games after all on the V.C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Price drop/20 free games threads merged since they were discussing the same things.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SilentHunter

I'm glad to see Metroid fusion on there. I bought a second hand version of it and the save feature didn't work for me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

The price issue and the battery life issue are of equal importance when it comes to me not having a 3ds yet. 1 problem down Nintendo, 1 to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,352 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm glad to see Metroid fusion on there. I bought a second hand version of it and the save feature didn't work for me. :(

Change the battery in the cart and it'll work again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

What will preowned ones be selling for now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I haven't actually used my 3ds online yet. Do I need to register with credit card details etc. on the E shop to qualify for these free games? :) Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I haven't actually used my 3ds online yet. Do I need to register with credit card details etc. on the E shop to qualify for these free games? :) Thanks.
    Nope. I think you just need to have a nintendo ID or something. I linked my club nintendo id with it and away I went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Nope. I think you just need to have a nintendo ID or something. I linked my club nintendo id with it and away I went.

Cheers! Will get on it.

Was pretty pleased with the first 10 games announced so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Not even that according to Nintendo:
    To register for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Programme, you only need to make sure you visit the Nintendo eShop at least once on your Nintendo 3DS before 23:59 pm (Central European Time) on August 11th.
    Just connect to the internet and pop into the eShop apparently, I assume we will get something confirming that we are ambassadors before the 12th of August though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

1huge1 wrote: »
    If my memory serves me correct this is the fastest a company has ever dropped their price of a console, I mean 6 months...come on

I don't remember it dropping that fast for N64 Resi12 but maybe i'm wrong, I was rather young back then.

Edit: From that article is says the N64 was released in September was the price was being reduced around the end of march
    Nope. Original Xbox anyone!? It was out under two months and a price drop was announced, with a similar free game ploy to ease the pain of early adopters.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/2861836/xbox-price-drop-in-australia-europe?sid=2861836

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Really don't get the whinging, prices of consoles tend to come down and Nintendo are "making it up to" the people who bought early.

The price isn't enough to get me to get one, that'll happen when it's been exploited so I can emulate and import.

EDIT: Actually it'll be when a revised model with a properly functioning battery is out and been exploited before I get one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Nollog

lol, was my red text too big mr. e?

Anyone know if gamestop have lowered the value they give for trading in the console yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

how do you get on to the eshop? my 3ds is connected to my wifi but its saying internet not available check support and i dont see an option in 3ds menu for eshop????

really confused now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Do you have the latest system update?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Naphiel wrote: »
    Do you have the latest system update?
    lol i never updated console... DUH ME:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Mr.D.CraicLAAD

DUH ME:o

Really DUH You:o
    i updated at 8:00 on the day of the update!!
    But my 3DS is broke at the moment:mad::mad:
    Hopefully ill get time to download games:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,569 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Am i reading this right? A bunch of free games for anyone who has a 3ds already? Thats great news. Some of those games are excellent. Still cost a lot when i got it, but im quite happy with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Am i reading this right? A bunch of free games for anyone who has a 3ds already? Thats great news. Some of those games are excellent. Still cost a lot when i got it, but im quite happy with this.

That's completely right! And Excitebike 3D was also free!

Four Swords GBA version coming in September...the bunch of free games will also likely include Mario Bros in the Super Mario Advance 3 download, and Warioware includes the dsiware games Paper Plane + Pyoro. :D

Lots of free stuff tbh! I'm happy with it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Brilliant, just found out about this, so cannot wait to get some of these games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

pixmania have it priced at 170 euro now, click on the 3ds thats like 310 or something and its in the other sellers tab, dont know if its in stock at the moment though

• Registered Users Posts: 55,443 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you're ordering online to get in before Thursday 11th (for the free games), you better choose your retailer wisely. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

pixmania are about the only one ive seen with the price cut, is there anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

IGN Announce First 10 Free Nintendo Games:

Super Mario Bros
    Donkey Kong Jr.
    Balloon Fight
    Ice Climber
    The Legend Of Zelda (EXCELLENT!)
    Those are the five free NES games we know about, but there are still five more yet to be revealed. What could they be?

We also get....

Metroid Fusion (OH **** YEAH!)
    Mario Kart: Super Circuit (YES YES YES!!!)
    Mario vs. Donkey Kong
    Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 (****ING ACE!)
    WarioWare Inc: WarGames
    As with the NES selection, we still don't know about five of the Game Boy Advance games that will be heading our way for free. Will we get the military strategy of Advance Wars? The medieval tactics of Fire Emblem? Or maybe even the epic adventure of The Minish Cap, giving us our sixth different Zelda release of the year?

An amazing selection of games, I am really excited about this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

An amazing selection of games, I am really excited about this!

No doubt the games are of good caliber, but I find it a bit sad that the only exciting thing coming out of a 3DS will be 15/20 year old rom ports. Also not sure if I read it via the 3DS, or on the Nintendo page, but the games will be crippled (no multiplayer features that the retail versions will have). We'll have to 'upgrade' them if we want those features, we're getting the straight rom ports.

You'd get an awful lot of NES carts for €250 quid, which in hindsight is what I should have done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

EnterNow wrote: »
    You'd get an awful lot of NES carts for €250 quid, which in hindsight is what I should have done.

Rad looking paperweight though!!:pac::P

Advertisement