Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LYIT accommodation mega thread (read post 1).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

Alot of the student accommodation in Letterkenny is rented by the room, which is probably easier for you as you are only responsible for paying your own rent and your own share of the bills. You are better off looking at The Dealer than daft.ie as the rents are cheaper in the dealer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 ronnie25

hows things
    im in the same situation i couldnt see anything on daft and im starting there in september

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

ronnie25 wrote: »
    hows things
    im in the same situation i couldnt see anything on daft and im starting there in september
    Trish2007 wrote: »
    Alot of the student accommodation in Letterkenny is rented by the room, which is probably easier for you as you are only responsible for paying your own rent and your own share of the bills. You are better off looking at The Dealer than daft.ie as the rents are cheaper in the dealer.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Hi i'm starting there in September id be willing to move in with you guys once i know what kinda rent i'd be in for

ide be on for that myself
    i cant find anything online
    would you lot be on for a 4 bed place

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭IPushButtons

Count me in , if you were to get a 4 bed for between 400 to 500 per month the rent would only come to around 30 per week thats well cheaper than the student accommodation around town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Amystar1

Oh this is a great idea, I am moving away from home for the first time to letterkenny for college and really don't know what to do for accomodation. Not keen on the idea of student halls, so would love to discuss possibly moving in with a group. Maybe post your facebook page up so we can chat or something
    Amy

myself and itouchbuttons are gonan get a 4 bed place
    so yeah no worries if you want in
    alot to be sorted out
    but gonna do that in a couple of weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eric_j_sweeney

Hi, yeah I'd be really intersted. I'm moving in with a really good friend, she's home in cork working for the summer, I think she'll be back in Lk in about a month. We're looking to hook up with at least one more person so we can afford a really nice place
    Here's my facebook if u wanna add me me :)
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=875615651

yeah im not on face book myself
    but me and itouchbutons are defo getting a place
    so if you two wanna join us we could get a 4 bed close to the college
    for about 30 a week
    private me and ill give you my email to work things out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

right heres the deal,

im looking for a place to rent in letterkenny, im heading into second year,

would prefer non student acconodation,

and if possiable for it to be a one bed appartment, as a last resort i would consider shareing, but id prefer my own space

so far theres lots of places in lower main street, but mainly the dodgey areas so wouldnt wana be liveing there

i have checked the dealer website would like to know if the printed version has more listings? or would they all be on the net?

should mention id have a max budget of 80 p/w had found 2 places in oaklands but theve since been let

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭mikeyboy

Dermot McGettigan has a place to let on Larkin's Lane, I think it's one bedroom for about E80. My little sis was going to look at it but she is moving in with some friends now. He has a website so you can check it out
    BTW, Larkin's Lane is pretty near Lower Main St so not sure what it's like

anyone know what the houses are like down behind orchard crescent on high road?

and is the area reasonably okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 penguinchick

<snip>
    please send an e-mail to hello@boards.ie if you would like to advertise.

myself and another lad off here are sorting out a 3 bed
    we need another person if your on for that

sorry, got sorted out today, €80 a week, expensive, but iv a weekend job so ill be fine,
    worth the money tho, nice place, lucky to find something okay at that price and near the college!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ZephyrSurfer

Hi, could any of you pm me, if you(s) need another person to share with because I'm looking for a place myself and this would work out alot cheper. please reply, thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LukusPeekus

Hey Everyone

I am attending the LYIT in September and am hoping to find some accommodation that allows me to share with other students (house/apartment). Obviously mainly due to funds and accessibility to the college. So if anyone that reads this is looking for a similar thing, Gimme a shout so we can hook something up. Thanks...

P.S Im enrolling as a mature student studying Applied Computing.

Male
    25 years of age
    No weird habits
    Clean and tidy (most of the time anyway):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SarahLou1991

Hi :)
    Yeah I'm in the same position! On here trying ta get as much info as I can about the place! dont wana end up in a dive! Im not exactly a mature student but I'm 21 so im not exactly fresh out of school either :P Applied to do Law, was in DIT but was sooo expensive! Have u found anythin decent yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SarahLou1991

Hey,

Just looking for some information on LYIT, applied for there in September and being from Meath know nothing about the place other than the College itself! Anyone have any recommendations on accommodation. Im going to be heading up there on my own so I'm gona know anybody so where would be best, dont drive so would need to be close to the college! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

I would recommend the Ballyraine halls (http://www.ballyrainecampus.com/) if you don't know anyone as its great to meet new people there and its close to the college also.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭toc2012

I have just accepted a place at LYIT to study Sports Coaching and Performance, I am a mature student and I want to find 3 others looking to share a house with, anyone interested??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Congrat's on getting accepted!

First post of call for you I would suggest for you is the dealer It's like the local buy and sell for the North West.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭bhamsteve

How did you get on finding somewhere? I'm going up at the weekend to look for something for me, partner and kid.

I'm going up to Letterkenny at the weekend to look for a Flat/House to rent, for me partner and a 2 yr old kid. Any advice on good parts of Letterkenny to look, so I can line up some viewings before I go. Don't mind if it's mile or two away from LYIT. I'll also be doing regular placements at the hospital.

still nothing although if you look on daft there are 3/4 beds from 100/120 per week its just a matter of finding other students to get a place with, i was up there last week and its a great town, you wont be left wanting anything.

toc2012 wrote: »
    still nothing although if you look on daft there are 3/4 beds from 100/120 per week its just a matter of finding other students to get a place with, i was up there last week and its a great town, you wont be left wanting anything.

Would you have any advice on which areas are nice to live in? I wouldn't mind a short drive/cycle and don't fancy town centre.
    Thanks

I would suggest maybe Mountain Top but I'm not sure how far exactly that is, (it was suggested to me) but I want to be in walking distance of college/town

have you guys found somewhere yet, im looking for others to find a place with but so far iv had no joy, pm me if you want to team up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Well damn. I don't usually come in here so this is a little late but still, might be useful.

Whitethorn Park, Knocknamona Park, Beinn Aoibhinn, Sylvan Park, Ard crannagh. Pretty much all located between the hospital and the LYIT.
    I'd avoid Ashlawn as its really more student based and not in the best of shape these days. Ard Crannagh is hit or miss.

Advertisement