Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If AEG brands were Car Brands...

• 04-08-2011 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Just as a fun sideline to the reliability thread there. If Airsoft brands were Car brands, which would they be and why...

Below is my personal opinion and is just for laughs.

• A&K = Kia Some nice looking models, need a 7 year warranty
    • APS = Hyundai Decent bodies, **** gearboxes
    • Ares = Citroen Loads of great designers in the company but no-one who can built a decent product
    • Classic Army = Fiat Fix it again tomorrow
    • Cyma = Nissan Cheap, reliable, popular, readily available, decent performance
    • Dboys = Rover Everybody had 1 once, being built in somewhere now with questionable results
    • Deep fire = Holden Seem reliable enough but you see **** all of them in Ireland
    • G&G = Volkswagen Solid construction, reliable, decent lookers, popular
    • G&P = Honda Been at it for years, some great performing models, some retarded turkeys too.
    • Galaxy = MG Some nice models, depreciate like nothing else
    • ICS = Ford Been around for donkeys but never seem to do anything new or cool
    • Inokatsu = Pagani Extremely sexy but ultimately useless in Ireland
    • Jing Gong = Volvo Safe, reliable, great as rentals
    • King Arms = Alfa Romeo You have to own at least one, lovely to look at but can be tempermental
    • KWA = TVR Great performance but can be a bitch to get parts for
    • LCT = Renault Lovely looking bodies with internals that don’t match that quality
    • Magpul = Bentley Nice out of the box but way over-priced for what it is, extras are crazy money
    • Realsword = Rolls Royce The absolute sexiest and classiest out there
    • Socom Gear = Skoda Re-branded VWs with a lot less street cred
    • SRC = Dodge See what I did there :)
    • Star = Morgan Some people love them despite their seemingly wooden bodies and plastic gearbox
    • Systema = Porshe Expensive and if its not regularly serviced it will explode
    • Tokyo Marui = Toyota Japanese, reliable, under-powered, once you open the gearbox, it's ****ed
    • Toptech = Audi VW chassis with an upgraded gearbox and other bells and whistles
    • VFC = Mercedes When you get a good one it'll last forever. All models look the same though.
    Remember, its just a bit of fun :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Soberts

thats awesome!! but may i ask how long that took you to do !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

Soberts wrote: »
    thats awesome!! but may i ask how long that took you to do !! :D

3 years

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Soberts

TNTQ wrote: »
    3 years

Hahaha!! Love it!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

You forgot ferrari. Qas modified guns

Arkslippy wrote: »
    You forgot ferrari. Qas modified guns

Nah, they're more like 'Noble'

- built in a shed, go like the clappers and could easilly explode in your face and make your children orphans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

[*]SRC = Dodge See what I did there :)

Gotta Agree with you There
    My SRC M4 Is Like A Dodge Viper
    Built From Random Bits They Found
    Tendancy to break down and blow your head off
    But when it does work
    By God You Can't Do Anything But Love It :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

hmm... I dissagree on some points...
    • Ares = Citroen Loads of great designers in the company but no-one who can built a decent product <-- I'd be very specific here. Mercedes G500. Beautiful to look at, lovely construction, tough as hell. great performance, except rather lacklustre fuel consumption (read negative).... but an absolute hell on earth experience, to work on, upgrade, spare parts cost as much as the car, and leave you wanting to shoot someone afterwards.
    • Classic Army = Fiat Fix it again tomorrow <-- Im not getting into this
    • Dboys = Rover Everybody had 1 once, being built in somewhere now with questionable results <-- Lada... It seemed like a good idea at first, then you got it.
    • G&G = Volkswagen Solid construction, reliable, decent lookers, popular <--Skoda. bad at first, infact aweful, but now actually relatively popular and reliable.
    • G&P = Honda Been at it for years, some great performing models, some retarded turkeys too. <-- Rangerover in my book. Great start, great reliable, tough, work horse products with that external sexy class., of late, ford bought them, and started sticking plastic crap on them with huge wheels (read fagpul) Wonder if Magpull let Victoria Beckham desgin thier stuff too?
    • ICS = Ford Been around for donkeys but never seem to do anything new or cool <-- More specifically, Ford Explorer... If you turn too sharply at a corner, you roll, blow up, and die.
    • Inokatsu = Pagani Extremely sexy but ultimately useless in Ireland <-- Useless how? I honestly dont understand that part... Id have said Inokatsu were Lamborghini... Expensive, beautiful, Massive accelleration and top speed, but handles like you're going to die on each corner.
    • King Arms = Alfa Romeo You have to own at least one, lovely to look at but can be tempermental <-- Couldnt agree more :P
    • KWA = TVR Great performance but can be a bitch to get parts for <-- KWA. tvr? BMW more like. The owners are always questionable.
    • Magpul = Bentley Nice out of the box but way over-priced for what it is, extras are crazy money <-- Bentley? Are you serious?
      Id say Magpul guns are the Citroen Saxo at the local Aldi Carpark with the bodykit and neons.
    • Realsword = Rolls Royce The absolute sexiest and classiest out there <--Rolls? ugh, more like saab. Proprietary parts, looks nice, owned by dentists.
    • Star = Morgan Some people love them despite their seemingly wooden bodies and plastic gearbox (Its the same as ares, init)
    • Systema = Porshe Expensive and if its not regularly serviced it will explode hehe
    • Tokyo Marui = Toyota Japanese, reliable, under-powered, once you open the gearbox, it's ****ed <-- werd
    • VFC = Mercedes When you get a good one it'll last forever. All models look the same though. (Mini)

Id probably add...

KSC - Landrover... its tough, its practical, it does what it says on the tin, and it will pull your horsebox.

I knew this would be a bit of craic :)

You can't deny Magpull gunk is the airsoft equivalent of a spoiler on a Fiat Uno...

Untz untz untz untz untz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

magpul - more like essex boy races spending more on a body kit than the ford fiesta is worth to begin with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Wahey I got a Merc!!! (VFC HK416) And a Landrover!!! (KSC USP .45)

Mr. Tezza wrote: »
    Wahey I got a Merc!!! (VFC HK416) And a Landrover!!! (KSC USP .45)

Congrats....you are....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1XmI02h2vS18qnFnNern9x3Dn0ndLMMYsjf9WqI6cweifECUWrA

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,414 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Firekitten wrote: »
    You can't deny Magpull gunk is the airsoft equivalent of a spoiler on a Fiat Uno...

Untz untz untz untz untz

I love the magpul stocks but hate the handguards...they're the first thing that gets removed from my AEG...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

So which brand is the boy-racer with teh LED runners and no muffler?*

*fuzzy dice optional.

*fuzzy dice optional.

Celcius?

Its occured to me that the AK Beta Spetsnaz is the 1 Litre Nissan Micra :)

*fuzzy dice optional.
    Magpull Masada.

Celcius is the Rover75.... its LIKE A jaguar, it looks almost the same... but it just... isnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Lads you forgot:

• TNTQ Customs: Doc Brown's Delorean, Loads of crazy crap all over / in it but my god its awesome

757609629_508f24829d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    • TNTQ Customs: Doc Brown's Delorean, Loads of crazy crap all over / in it but my god its awesome

You do realise that DeLorean were shockingly bad over-priced cars, made by a company that went bust after only selling half of what they made, and after swindling money/aid/tax breaks from the British government, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Inari wrote: »
    You do realise that DeLorean were shockingly bad over-priced cars, made by a company that went bust after only selling half of what they made, and after swindling money/aid/tax breaks from the British government, right?

Yep well aware. :pac:

More unreliable than a springer M4 made of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

:eek: What about the Gt 40? That was cool ! :)

• Advertisement

Lads you forgot:

You know, you can make kissing ass a little 'too' unsubtle at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Just as a fun sideline to the reliability thread there. If Airsoft brands were Car brands, which would they be and why...

Below is my personal opinion and is just for laughs.

• A&K = Kia Some nice looking models, need a 7 year warranty
    • APS = Hyundai Decent bodies, **** gearboxes
    • Ares = Citroen Loads of great designers in the company but no-one who can built a decent product
    • Classic Army = Fiat Fix it again tomorrow
    • Cyma = Nissan Cheap, reliable, popular, readily available, decent performance
    • Dboys = Rover Everybody had 1 once, being built in somewhere now with questionable results
    • Deep fire = Holden Seem reliable enough but you see **** all of them in Ireland
    • G&G = Volkswagen Solid construction, reliable, decent lookers, popular
    • G&P = Honda Been at it for years, some great performing models, some retarded turkeys too.
    • Galaxy = MG Some nice models, depreciate like nothing else
    • Inokatsu = Pagani Extremely sexy but ultimately useless in Ireland
    • Jing Gong = Volvo Safe, reliable, great as rentals
    • King Arms = Alfa Romeo You have to own at least one, lovely to look at but can be tempermental
    • KWA = TVR Great performance but can be a bitch to get parts for
    • LCT = Renault Lovely looking bodies with internals that don’t match that quality
    • Magpul = Bentley Nice out of the box but way over-priced for what it is, extras are crazy money
    • Realsword = Rolls Royce The absolute sexiest and classiest out there
    • Socom Gear = Skoda Re-branded VWs with a lot less street cred
    • SRC = Dodge See what I did there :)
    • Star = Morgan Some people love them despite their seemingly wooden bodies and plastic gearbox
    • Systema = Porshe Expensive and if its not regularly serviced it will explode
    • Tokyo Marui = Toyota Japanese, reliable, under-powered, once you open the gearbox, it's ****ed
    • Toptech = Audi VW chassis with an upgraded gearbox and other bells and whistles
    • VFC = Mercedes When you get a good one it'll last forever. All models look the same though.
    Remember, its just a bit of fun :P

that is really clever, the similarities between the AEG's and hte cars in some of them are scarily accurate and funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭kevlarman1

Firekitten wrote: »
    hmm... I dissagree on some points...
    • Ares = Citroen Loads of great designers in the company but no-one who can built a decent product <-- I'd be very specific here. Mercedes G500. Beautiful to look at, lovely construction, tough as hell. great performance, except rather lacklustre fuel consumption (read negative).... but an absolute hell on earth experience, to work on, upgrade, spare parts cost as much as the car, and leave you wanting to shoot someone afterwards.
    • Classic Army = Fiat Fix it again tomorrow <-- Im not getting into this
    • Dboys = Rover Everybody had 1 once, being built in somewhere now with questionable results <-- Lada... It seemed like a good idea at first, then you got it.
    • G&G = Volkswagen Solid construction, reliable, decent lookers, popular <--Skoda. bad at first, infact aweful, but now actually relatively popular and reliable.
    • G&P = Honda Been at it for years, some great performing models, some retarded turkeys too. <-- Rangerover in my book. Great start, great reliable, tough, work horse products with that external sexy class., of late, ford bought them, and started sticking plastic crap on them with huge wheels (read fagpul) Wonder if Magpull let Victoria Beckham desgin thier stuff too?
    • ICS = Ford Been around for donkeys but never seem to do anything new or cool <-- More specifically, Ford Explorer... If you turn too sharply at a corner, you roll, blow up, and die.
    • Inokatsu = Pagani Extremely sexy but ultimately useless in Ireland <-- Useless how? I honestly dont understand that part... Id have said Inokatsu were Lamborghini... Expensive, beautiful, Massive accelleration and top speed, but handles like you're going to die on each corner.
    • King Arms = Alfa Romeo You have to own at least one, lovely to look at but can be tempermental <-- Couldnt agree more :P
    • KWA = TVR Great performance but can be a bitch to get parts for <-- KWA. tvr? BMW more like. The owners are always questionable.
    • Magpul = Bentley Nice out of the box but way over-priced for what it is, extras are crazy money <-- Bentley? Are you serious?
      Id say Magpul guns are the Citroen Saxo at the local Aldi Carpark with the bodykit and neons.
    • Realsword = Rolls Royce The absolute sexiest and classiest out there <--Rolls? ugh, more like saab. Proprietary parts, looks nice, owned by dentists.
    • Star = Morgan Some people love them despite their seemingly wooden bodies and plastic gearbox (Its the same as ares, init)
    • Systema = Porshe Expensive and if its not regularly serviced it will explode hehe
    • Tokyo Marui = Toyota Japanese, reliable, under-powered, once you open the gearbox, it's ****ed <-- werd
    • VFC = Mercedes When you get a good one it'll last forever. All models look the same though. (Mini)

Id probably add...

KSC - Landrover... its tough, its practical, it does what it says on the tin, and it will pull your horsebox.

when the hell was a lada ever a good idea mate, FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭kevlarman1

Inari wrote: »

the only thing made in Belfast that didn't sink,

ironically he makes watches now
    they went bust due to problems with Protestants and Catholics sharing the same work place,
    coupled with that
    and that they had to rebuilt when brought to the usa as they were chicken coops
    the DeLorean test track is still in belfast to this day
    if only it had a good engine and gearbox

:eek: What about the Gt 40? That was cool ! :)

As is ICS's Concept Rifle

Lads you forgot:

Fail: They dont run on banana skins

Advertisement