Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap prepay android phone(samsung europa) 39€

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Just had a quick google and it seems to get decent reviews. You can get €7.90 cashback aswell for a new connection via fatcheese. Also I think they're doing an offer of free unlimited data if you top up by €20 per month. Very tempted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭alan85

I have one of these. I won it actually. It's a great phone for €39. The odd time it freezes and I have to restart it but no major problems and the apps are cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Just had a quick google and it seems to get decent reviews. You can get €7.90 cashback aswell for a new connection via fatcheese. Also I think they're doing an offer of free unlimited data if you top up by €20 per month. Very tempted.
    * Unlimited internet subject to fair usage limit of 500 MB per 30 day period and subject to €4.99 internet add-on being purchased out of €20 top-up.

Is this the unlimited data? 500mb a month seems pretty limited to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

cork45 wrote: »

Oh ok, didn't realise that. Their 'all you can eat' tag is very misleading in that case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

500mb is still quite a lot on a mobile. I browse a lot and use a few push notification apps but wouldn't hit 500 most months. I do use wifi at home though, since its faster so maybe if wifi was not available it might be tight.

Still its quite a lot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Seems to be a 15GB cap:
    Three continuously monitors network performance to ensure that the service received by customers is not impacted through a minority of users placing high demand on network resources (e.g. large bandwidths over long periods). Should your data usage exceed 15GB in a 30 day period and your usage affect other network users, we reserve the right to limit your Service.

http://www.three.ie/terms/3pay_terms.html

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

great phone, there is a new one out now so they must be trying to offload these ones cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,797 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Was just about to pick one up as backup for my iphone, then realised the iphone has a micro sim. Any cheap solution for changing micro sim back to normal size? Probably some $1 job on dealextreme somewhere!

Edit: http://www.dealextreme.com/p/micro-sim-card-to-standard-sim-card-adapter-black-41528 ($1.09)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭recyclops

How easy would it be to unlock this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,992 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don't see an option for switiching if I am a different number.

You can I persume, just not online?

I am meteor but the same phone with them is 80

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Just go ahead and pick up the deal, when you get the phone you can port your number whenever suits
    noodler wrote: »
    I don't see an option for switiching if I am a different number.

You can I persume, just not online?

I am meteor but the same phone with them is 80

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

How does this phone rate compared to the cheap Vodafone Android? Specs are similar looking at the procider websites except Vodafone one is Android 2.2 and the three one os 2.1.

I got the Vodafone one for my son just to play games and its not bad for the price. Some games dont run as its too slow but for a net €20 its grand. If this one is faster it might be worth the extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

When you purchase this via fatcheese how long does it take for them to list it as "pending" in your statement area? Havent used the site in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

This is a great phone for the price. Think I'll pickup a spare.

Far nicer than the Vodafone Smart Phone.

Does a sim card (new conection) come with this phone or do you have to order one separetely?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭John mac

quick question, can this be used without a sim ? just for browsing on a wifi network?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

I assume it includes a new SIM as they don't ask for porting details.

Yes. It works fine by wifi without a sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭istabrac77

Might be a stupid question but is it possible to unlock this phone? I'm on contract with Metor and have a galaxy S and would use this phone when I'm out training.

istabrac77 wrote: »
    Might be a stupid question but is it possible to unlock this phone?

it is possible but i dont know will 3 do it for you.

in my previous experiences,

-O2 unlock their phones in any store no questions asked (this was 4 years ago.)
    -Vodafone make you top by at least €127 in 6months to obtain unlocking codes
    and -Meteor require around 30 days to unlock your phone (again, years ago)

of course, theres always the option of paying a website to unlock it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cas2kx

Plus you can easily update it (unofficially) to the android 2.2 and now you can download flash player (still trying to get it to work other confirmed its working) very good price for 39€ but battery life is terrible just only use 3g when you need it and you might make it two days without recharging

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭chasm

Thanks OP, ordered one for my mum, she's coming to the end of her contract and she'll love this, especially with their new payg offer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

AAAAAAARGH just paid full whack for this phone less than a week ago :mad:

Just my luck.

In any case, a bloody steal at €39 folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Savman wrote: »
    AAAAAAARGH just paid full whack for this phone less than a week ago :mad:

Just my luck.

In any case, a bloody steal at €39 folks.

If you bought it online there is an EU distance selling directive that let's you return the product with no questions asked within a specific time (I'm not sure of the exact details - it was either 7 days or 21 days, but someone else might confirm).

Anyway. If you bought online, send it back for a refund of the full price and buy it again on the cheap. All it should cost you is the price of postage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

bought, thanks OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Thanks OP! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

is there a way to get this phone at that price and keep my old number?im with meteor at the mo but wouldnt mind switching to 3 to avail of this offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Hi Triple-M,

Yes you can. You can get your old number "ported" over to three,
    You will need to fill out the form here.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rustyregan

Edit: ignore this post please. See the next post - issue has been resolved I'm pretty sure.
    cork45 wrote: »

I just topped up by €20 and I got this message:
    Thanks, you've successfully topped up & payment has been taken from your card. If you are a voice customer your top up credit is now available to use.

If you are a broadband customer you will now need to choose which broadband add-on you would like to purchase with your top-up credit. Go to “Buy Add On” and choose the broadband add on you want for a day, week or month.

Remember - if you don't buy an add-on, your internet usage will be charged per megabyte, (which can be a little pricey). To get the best value, make sure you always choose an add-on.
    Then I clicked the link for "Buy Add On" and it brought me to this screen:
    Save money with Add-ons

Whether you like to text, make calls or use the internet on your phone Add-ons are the answer. Buying an Add-on with your Top-up credit will give you more texts, minutes and/or internet data at great discounted rates. All Add-ons last for 30 days from activation.
    Internet on your mobile

Monthly access to the internet on your phone
    Mobile Surfing 500MB €4.99 Mobile Broadband

Surf the internet on your computer.
    Would you like...?
    Mobile Broadband Daily 500MB €3.00 Mobile Broadband Weekly 2GB €10.00 Mobile Broadband Monthly 1GB €15.00 Mobile Broadband Monthly 7.5GB €25.00 Mobile Broadband Monthly 20GB €35.00
    So basically there seems to be a discrepency between the t&cs posted here: http://www.three.ie/terms/3pay_terms.html and what actually happens when you top up. Maybe someboday can point out if I'm missing something? It might be a deal breaker for me and I might well bring the phone back, but if I do I wonder if I've lost the €20 top up as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rustyregan

Actually, I just checked my account balance and I see the following:

Internet (MB) Free internet allowance
    All-you-can-eat 05/08/11 04/09/11 30 days

So that's fine. Maybe their system was a bit slow setting me up as I'm a new user or something. Anyway, please ignore the previous post.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement