Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Airsoft Gun and Gear Stolen - Warning / Help?

Options
  • 24-07-2011 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey Everyone,

My Airsoft Gun and Gear was stolen and wanted to tell the Airsoft community about it.

The gun / gear was stolen around Thomas Street Dublin. It was in a Red cardboard case.

The make is an M4 Rifle, CQB, ASR 103, Full Metal with Electric Blow Back.
    It has an A-Cog Sight on top, a plastic Foregrip connected to a Laser/Torch attachment on the bottom rail of the gun.
    A black single point Tactical Sling, Three Magazines (2 Black, a metal Mid and plastic Hi-Cap, 1 metal gray Hi-Cap)
    And 2 Speed Loaders, clip knee pads and full face mask.

If anyone sees this in a Cash Converter or Pawn Shop, please PM me, Or worse, if anyone sees this being used on the streets. Contact me and the Gardai.

-Alex "Drakol"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

I'll keep my eyes open hope you get the gear back f*cking b*astards and thats all they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭Arkslippy

How did it happen, were you mugged or did you lose them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Drakol

They were in my car when it was broken into.

Hate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Arkslippy wrote: »
    Hate that.

Now that's not very nice is it?

Did you inform the Gardaí, OP? That should be your first port of call.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hi Drakol, sorry to hear that mate - hope the scumbags get caught.

Do you have any photos? if so that would help - post them here.

Also, unique markings / scratches / quirks / serial numbers / anything to identify your kit will work - Airsoft adverts is still the most popular place in Ireland to sell this stuff so give the community something to look for. :)

swiftblade wrote: »
    Now that's not very nice is it?

Did you inform the Gardaí, OP? That should be your first port of call.

Just to clarify, I had my car broken into twice and its a **** thing and that's what I meant, if you reported it and the gear was not on display you should be able to claim on your insurance minus the excess

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Arkslippy wrote: »
    Just to clarify, I had my car broken into twice and its a **** thing and that's what I meant, if you reported it and the gear was not on display you should be able to claim on your insurance minus the excess

Are car contents covered under insurance? I wouldn't void my no claims for an airsoft collection. Might raise more questions than it answers for some insurers.

It depends on the insurer, if your gear is stored in your boot and the car is locked you should be covered for reported items, minus the excess stated in your policy. Most insurance companies allow a claim without effecting your bonus if the payout is less than 500.

When I was broken into I claimed for my laptop and satnav plus 3 cds.

Lost 20% of the value and no effect on insurance, you'd have to have told the guard who responded. No harm in asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭jonathan13

Hate that really, happened to me as well,(ics M4) my house was burglarized and almost everything was taken....gggrrrrrrrr!!!!!! happened last march.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Drakol

Yeah, my cars been broken into about four times in the last few months.
    It's getting to be ridiculous, but I'll try to find the photos I have of it.

Otherwise, it's just a near mint M4 ASR 103. The bottom of the foregrip will be scratched and the gray magazine will have minor scratches.

The kneepads are buckle and velcro, but do -not- have an indicator on if they are Right or Left leg.The mask is just a generic one, with the visor bent a tiny bit.

Also, I've informed the Gardai already. Best way to know if something is Stolen, ask for the "Charger". Thats what a guy in a Cash Converter told me, that most snatch and grabs, will be missing vital equipment for phones, laptops, etc. In this case, my gun.

The car was insured but I'll only get a fraction of what the missing items are worth. Which really really sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Drakol wrote: »
    Yeah, my cars been broken into about four times in the last few months.

Chist! Where do you live?

Advertisement