Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TNG Starting on CBS end of July

Options
  • 12-07-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

I noticed an ad for TNG on CBS Action, it's starting up again (not sure if they showed it before?) towards the end of July. Looking forward to this, it's not been on much, sick of Voyager. It's never off the air these days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭volvoman480

Starting on the 20th I think. Really looking forward to it, haven't seen much of it in years. Always my favourite......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Call me when season 3 starts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Q Who was a badass episode though...a gem amongst the cheese.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Q Who was a badass episode though...a gem amongst the cheese.

Indeed. Also;

Where No One Has Gone Before
    Where Silence Has Lease
    Time Squared

All noteable pre season 3 episodes.

I.will prob end watching them all anyway but there were some.bad episodes there

• Advertisement

I.will prob end watching them all anyway but there were some.bad episodes there

There was some horrific stuff alright, it's worth muddling through it though. As you mentioned, from season 3 onwards it finds its feet.

I'll still watch them all though, better than the constant re runs of DS9 on sky.....

I'll still watch them all though, better than the constant re runs of DS9 on sky.....

Much the same. Season 1 & 2 were feet finding excercises...from Season 3 onwards DS9 had some outstanding stuff. Sky though, well that's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

EnterNow wrote: »
    Indeed. Also;

Where No One Has Gone Before
    Where Silence Has Lease
    Time Squared

All noteable pre season 3 episodes.

Measure of a Man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Kurn

Lots of God awful acting so far, Troi in Farpoint was funny to watch. But still enjoying it in a nostalgic way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Conspiracy and Peak Performance are decent eps too

johnmryan wrote: »
    Lots of God awful acting so far, Troi in Farpoint was funny to watch. But still enjoying it in a nostalgic way

She came extremely close to being fired, in season 1

Now that would have been some loss to the manufacturers of lycra......;)

This bit is on wiki
    Initially, the writers found it difficult to write for Troi and even left her out of four of the first season episodes. Sirtis felt her job was in jeopardy after the first season but was overjoyed when Gene Roddenberry took her aside at Jonathan Frakes's wedding and told her that the season two premiere episode, "The Child", would center on Troi.[8]

Season 1 is pretty weak, Tasha being killed by mud is on the way, the episode where they were all randy - was strange, loved the Picard and Beverly foreplay in a 'you know you should'ent like but there is a certain morbid fascination' way

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I love CBS Action. A cheesy TOS episode where thoughts become real followed by the even cheesier TNG episode concerning the planet of the Edo. I love it when they go into the hall room where there are a lot semi naked people hanging around for very specific reason, the ambient noises, they're hilarious, you hear a woman groaning and then this guy giving a "Herculean" smug laugh, and it repeats every 5 seconds, the exact same sounds and they could get away with it because it was 1987 and audiences weren't sophisticated back then, supposedly.

This was on last week, can't believe I missed it all these years!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭eh2010

I've been watching it on CBS. Love the interesting bits of inside information Raules Davies give in the clips before it starts.

Advertisement