Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pictures, pictures, pictures!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HomeBoyDeluxe

Thanks, the centre speaker is on a shelf, I made for the wall, I am going to mount the tv to the wall too at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

Here is a Picture of my humble set up!!! :D

what are the big speakers for? are they just for bass or do you use double front speakers?

Yeah they are just for bass, they cover the 5-80Hz frequency's with movies and gaming and music, they are much louder then any cinema, no exaggeration.

whats the model of them? i've never seen subs in that floor standing style before.... you've got me thinking!!

The drivers themselves, are JBL GT5-12's, they are around 50 euro each, really good quality for the price, the boxes are tuned to 18Hz (the tall ones), I use three Behringer EP2000's to power them (3,300 watt RMS), the whole system does 130db full tilt!

• Advertisement

ah right the cabinets are custom built? thats why i couldnt find them online!

Yeah, I built them out of 18mm MDF, each one is around two full sheets, for the wood, glue and drivers, each sub only cost around 300 euro!

MDF sheets are only 17 euro, with free cuts in B&Q so its a good time to do a project!

Here is the build thread I posted on AVfourms:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/diy-subwoofer-build/1250825-dual-monster-14-5-cubic-ft-house-shakers.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27 petulko

Hi, just found this, so i said ill share few fotos of my current set up with you. Currently saving up for Marantz ud 7006 to replace ps3 as my 3d bluray player.
    DSC02717.jpg

DSC02716.jpg

DSC02715.jpg

DSC02713.jpg

DSC02712.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭dharn

very nice what do you use for rear speakers

• Registered Users Posts: 27 petulko

dharn wrote: »
    very nice what do you use for rear speakers

Thanks for comment! Im using mission m32i as surrounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Heres my retreat

picture.php?albumid=1862&pictureid=10710

picture.php?albumid=1862&pictureid=10714

picture.php?albumid=1862&pictureid=10711

picture.php?albumid=1862&pictureid=10712

picture.php?albumid=1862&pictureid=10719

picture.php?albumid=1862&pictureid=10718

picture.php?albumid=1862&pictureid=10717

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

<Snipped the quote....>

Nothing there :(

ronaneire wrote: »
    Nothing there :(

Sorry, album was switched to private...is that better?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Very nicely done setup, congratulations.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭C14N

Nice setup there. Where do you keep your equipment? And what device do you use for the movie library?

C14N wrote: »
    Nice setup there. Where do you keep your equipment? And what device do you use for the movie library?

All the equipment is in a 19inch rack built into the wall. You can see it on the left hand wall.

The movies are played on a Popcorn Hour A200 running YAMJ user interface.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@mdfire,

That's a very classy setup, really nicely done.......... kudos !

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭C14N

mdfire wrote: »
    All the equipment is in a 19inch rack built into the wall. You can see it on the left hand wall.

The movies are played on a Popcorn Hour A200 running YAMJ user interface.

Ah yes, very neat looking. Are the movies Blu ray or DVD?

very impressed what amp do you use also big difference in size between front and rear speakers was it difficult to achieve a good balance for front to rear

C14N wrote: »
    Ah yes, very neat looking. Are the movies Blu ray or DVD?

Mixture of blu ray and DVD rips

• Advertisement

dharn wrote: »
    very impressed what amp do you use also big difference in size between front and rear speakers was it difficult to achieve a good balance for front to rear

The amp is a pioneer SCLX 81 - real powerhouse :D. Have it about 2 and a half years now and I still love it.

The fronts and rears are both Bowers and Wilkins. The fronts are CM7 and the rears are M1 from the MT30 system I used to have. They look quite small in the photo but that doesnt do them justice. Being both B&W they use the same driver technology so they blend in well. Quite a few of the AV shops I demoed in use the M1's as rears.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Sharkey_dub

MD what are the dimentions of this room? I am in the process of converting my attic and am told it will be 16/18ft long by 13/14ft wide with a height of 8ft in the center. Also what size is your screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭inovo

Heres my retreat

What size is your room mdfire??

i presume your whole house reverberates when that system is turned up, as you have a lot of thin walls around it, ie plasterboard as opposed to block walls, if it was in a groundfloor area

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 AV Carlow

nice job inovo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Heres my retreat

Very nice setup, what media player is that you are using-is it a popcorn hour player?

EDIT: just seen Popcorn hour A-200 in previous post! have you upgraded to the A or C 300 yet? really really nice setup, do you have access to theback of the rack from a door in the attic out of curiousity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭atilladehun

This is a great thread folks, just went through every page. Love it.

inovo wrote: »
    What size is your room mdfire??

4m x 4.1m

sonic.trip wrote: »
    Very nice setup, what media player is that you are using-is it a popcorn hour player?

EDIT: just seen Popcorn hour A-200 in previous post! have you upgraded to the A or C 300 yet? really really nice setup, do you have access to theback of the rack from a door in the attic out of curiousity?

I sold the popcorn hour last month. While its compatible with every file format you throw at it, i found it very buggy with a crap frontend. Adding to the library is a pain also. I changed to an atv2 which is jailbroken and has firecore atv flash installed. No Hd audio but i can live with that as i still have the bluray player.

I do have access to the rear of the rack via an access hatch in another room. Toying with the idea of expanding into this room:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

updated pic of mineIMG_3326_zps13e52386.jpg

Advertisement