Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NCPS CLAMPING APPEAL IS A SCAM?

• 08-07-2011 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

I was clamped, I paid and appealed. They really string you along to appeal. They make you feel like you got a chance. Then the appeal was rejected. I was told I could appeal to an independent body.

"
    If you would like to appeal our decision further please submit your 2nd appeal to the Independent Parking Appeals Services (IPAS) under The Second Appeal -Independent Process section available on www.webappeals.ie"

So I looked at their website...http://www.ipas.ie/about.htm

I then checked out vision net to see who was behind this independent body. The directors were listed as Liam K or william on visionent. I then checked their 'other directorships'.

It seems they are not independent in my opinion. To be independent the company must not be "
    not connected with or influenced by something; not connected with each other"

I was not surprised to find the director Liam K of IPAS was a director of another company called The Irish Parking Association Limited.

Looking at the long list of directors, who all have an interest in the area of car parks, I see that a director of NCPS, Ballard, is listed. Below is a cut and paste from The Irish Parking Assoc. Its activities are said to be;

The Company operates...to PROMOTE THE MEMBERS interests in ALL aspects of parking and RELATED activities...Clamping being one of the related activities...

The Director, Liam K, has resigned dated 31/01/2011. But this is still a direct link with the director of NCPS, and it is the director, ballard, of NCPS who as a director of IPAS signed as witness to the resignation form with the company form B10 Change of director form.

I can therefore not see how the director of IPAS, who says he is independent is actually independent. It costs 20 euro to appeal, the NCPS made a gross profit of close to 5 million last year. Lots of cash in this..

Also listed as directors of ~The Irish Parking assoc. are APCOA Parking who are listed on the IPAS website as one of the companies IPAS are being the independent appeals service.

Then I googled the director of NCPS and see he was interviewed by the IPAS Liam K ..Who then turns he was the CEO of park rite which is listed as a director of the Irish park assoc. and now is a director of parking consultants ltd, which is owns IPAS...So in effect the director of the 'independent appeals company' IPAS, resigend from The Irish Parking Assoc and probably Park Rite to be an independent person for us to appeal to...

So they are all very well connected, so much for that, It really is extortion and theft after all. Sickening....

I hope its not too complex for people..

The question I want to know have many others succesfully appealed their clamping fine..I am sure they have to refund some for the final year audit...

IPAS website says the follwoing about COI

No Conflict of Interest

IPAS has no beneficial or commercial relationship with any of the parking enforcement contractors. It receives no payments for this appeals service other than the fees paid by the appellants.

Why does this business man in the parking industry bother wasting his time with this so...I am sure all those 20 euros are a nice little earner. If NCPS alone made 5 million last year and the average clamped cost 100 to remove then they clamped 50,000 cars. If ten percent appeal then thats 20 euro by 5000 cars and thats 100,000 euro. Even if only 1% appeal then thats 10,000 euro. If the other three companies have a simialar turnover and appeals percentage, were talking good money...For reviewing our appeals..

We are being suckered big time by the clamping process...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

i found an independent body that solves all clamping issues

5_CutBreakConSaw.jpg

works a treat on all clamping companies

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

I blame our legislators. It would be easy to legislate an obudsman/appeals body funded by the clamping companies themselves as a cost of doing business.
    Appealing to those who benefit from you being declined an appeal is a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭naoise80

What were your grounds for appealing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There is no such thing as an independent appeal with private clampers.

Either cut the clamp off or sue the assholes in the courts being sure to list the occupiers of the land as co defendants.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I hope its not too complex for people..
    It would make things a lot clearer if you told us:

1. Why you were clamped

and

2. On what grounds you appealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭spunk_monkey

i found an independent body that solves all clamping issues

5_CutBreakConSaw.jpg

works a treat on all clamping companies

Best solution! But just to point out... alot a people seem to think you need a big expensive con saw(pictured above) to cut a clamp...these yokes cost over 600 euro, or can be rented ...but in reality , all you need is a cheap angle grinder from b and q etc, prob pick a cheapo one up for 20-30 quid..only downside is it aint cordless.

angle-grinder-.jpg

Or, I could lend you my cordless one;)

dewaltcordlessangle.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Would you believe I managed to get a refund out of the cnuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

VolvoMan wrote: »

go play the euromillions

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭rocksteady36

VolvoMan wrote: »

I failed in my attempt to get a refund. Can't believe these priks...

I am a resident and no joy..

I am shocked you got a refund..How did you manage that?

I appealed to NCPS then to Mr.Liam Keilthy, who is meant to be independent but I dont really think so, hes well connected to NCPS and its owner.

I don't get how they can legally clamp a resident..I realise that the clampers are not protecting tenants but Wyse have rented out most of the spaces to employees of surrounding business.

Its a racket...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I failed in my attempt to get a refund. Can't believe these priks...

I am a resident and no joy..

I am shocked you got a refund..How did you manage that?

I appealed to NCPS then to Mr.Liam Keilthy, who is meant to be independent but I dont really think so, hes well connected to NCPS and its owner.

I don't get how they can legally clamp a resident..I realise that the clampers are not protecting tenants but Wyse have rented out most of the spaces to employees of surrounding business.

Its a racket...
    Why are you being so light on the details of why you were clamped?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Time to sue them in the courts so.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭rocksteady36

Anan1 wrote: »
    Why are you being so light on the details of why you were clamped?
    Anan1 wrote: »
    It would make things a lot clearer if you told us:

1. Why you were clamped

and

2. On what grounds you appealed

Cos your a prik ANAN1, seen your trolling on other threads, trying to get information to start arguments with other posters. The one thing that really annoys me about boards.ie is wannkers like you trying to troll...

I even saw you antagonise a poster and then get your friend who is a moderator to ban them for replying, then the moderator actually deleted their account..cnuts

I would be happy if you didn't contribute to any of my threads and please don't bother replying to this post. Jackass...

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭adamshred

Cos your a prik ANAN1, seen your trolling on other threads, trying to get information to start arguments with other posters. The one thing that really annoys me about boards.ie is wannkers like you trying to troll...

I even saw you antagonise a poster and then get your friend who is a moderator to ban them for replying, then the moderator actually deleted their account..cnuts

I would be happy if you didn't contribute to any of my threads and please don't bother replying to this post. Jackass...

I have to add to both sides of this, why did you post up this thread if you won't give us the details of what happened? I would genuinely be interested to hear the whole story.

Also, I WOULD LIKE to agree with some points that you made with regards to a certain poster who I assume has been demoted as a mod for this exact reason, however I will refrain from doing so for fear that the boards elite may see it as a threat to their utopious equilibrium of everlasting justice.

I've been saying it for years about this site, there are a lot of people who like to antagonise and essentially troll through the proxy of appearing purposeful in their comments and questions/arguments. This is one of the main reasons for my limited posting on here. I do not like this type of person and keep my distance accordingly.

I'd also like to inform you that you've just allowed yourself to be owned by the boards elite once again because as soon as a mod sees your post I'm almost sure you'll get a warning - I know it can be frustrating to deal with these people but occasionally you just have to rise above it and either ignore their post or face the wrath of the ban :( We love the martyrs

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

just cut the fvcker off in future thats what i do unless it is the county councils clamp. any other company just either let the air out of the tyre and take it off and sell it on ebay.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Banned for a week for that.

And i'm closing this also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement