Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Historical Loadouts

• 09-06-2011 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Ok so I've been doing the whole "Mercenary" thing for a few years now, think I'd like to do a themed loadout. My problem is that there's soooo many and I like nearly all of them! I don't have many requirements, so there's no obvious answer. That's why I'm looking for your advice.

Basically anything from WW2 to around the 80s, maaaaybe 90s
    Doesn't use an Armalite
    I'd like a few options of guns, but I'd be happy with just one or two really good quality ones (Wood would be nice ;) )
    MUST be comfortable

I'm expecting a big debate on this one, so have fun and thanks for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Frankly you could do anything pre 1960, and have no armalite... Literally anything....

I would suggest though, Peruvian honour guard, circa 1723... an excelent loadout.

In all seriousness... ww2... brit, yank, Ruskie or kraut, even japanese if you feel that way inclined...
    Vietnam.... NVA/VC... rarely done, ak ?
    USMC vietnam early... m14? or any vietnam era or service kit with an m79, or m60, thompson, sniper rifle (m700 style for accuracy with wood stock), m1 garand.... greese gun, stoner 63...
    Falklands war with an l1a1? fairly cheap to do kitwise, you can get the webbing for like £20 for the lot.
    ww1? :D somme skirmish tactics...
    You limit yourself really in anything american post mid 60s, as nearly everyone will have an ar15 of some form, and plenty of other nations too...

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

I'd reeeeeally like an m1/2 carbine so I was thinking either Nam or more likely WW2 Pacific Marine.

Yeah I quite like the Falklands gear but FALs/L1A1s are crazy hard to get.

You could do falklands Sas, and use an m16a1 ? ( I know you don't like armalites but meh)

I like Armalites, I love them in fact! It's just most of my guns have been Armalites so I want something different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'm not into the whole dressing up in load outs end of things
    but if I was I'd pick something like this :D

Falklands_War_Michael_Chappell_002.jpg

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

What about the German GSG 9 from the 1970's ? Sigs , Mp5's and PSg-1's.

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?1093-GSG9-Photos&

damagegt wrote: »
    What about the German GSG 9 from the 1970's ? Sigs , Mp5's and PSg-1's.

Those guys are pretty badass. And there are some lovely guns there. The apparel would probably be easy enough to get/recreate but how practical would it be wearing black? As in, I play almost all woodland. Unless they happened to use olive or camo pattern for some reason at some stage?

Damn good idea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Well you could do the newer KSK loadout.My personal favourite.They replaced the GSG 9 in 1996.
    http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/album.php?albumid=131
    A full spec on there loadout and gear used can be found here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kommando_Spezialkr%C3%A4fte#Equipment
    But it might be a tad new for what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

can you narrow down your interest a little? at the moment the time covers from the cold war to the first gulf war :)

running with the mercenary look you could look into maybe south african mercenary or congo ?

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?153088-Mercenary-pictures-wanted

Ok either WW2 or Vietnam. I've no interest in doing a pyjama loadout though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

I have been working on a few loadouts over the last year. been working on a falklands for about a year still need to get a few bits. My USMC loadout is done and also my Royal Marine Camando's is done.

Just needs tweaking is my British loadout as a radio man.

MonkeyGuy wrote: »

you have a lot you can do then, best bet is to have a read of these two sites

ww2 - http://www.ww2airsoft.org.uk/php/phpBB2/index.php

vietnam - http://www.vietnam-airsoft.com/phpBB3/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

MonkeyGuy wrote: »

In trying to avoid armalites;

From Vietnam, you could do NVA, or US LRRPS/SOG/SEAL, Australian infantry, ASAS, NZSAS, CIA, etc.

Whilst the NVA, Aussie Infantry, and to a degree LRRPS, tended to use reasonaly standardised choices, the rest have carte blanche to use whatevr they wanted.

Yeah I was thinking SEALs coz I'd love an ak. Plus then I've a choice of GI OD uniforms or tigerstripe etc.

SEALS in nam?

Deep blue Levi jeans, and a tiger stripe shirt, add bandana, webbing with Stabo harness... Handlebar mustache, and done.

Do they really need to be Levi? :P

Ok I'm pretty much set on that now!

Need recommendations on a good ak47 or something other than an m16/ar15/xmwhathaveyou.

I like the retractable stock ones but any recommendation is helpful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Firekitten wrote: »
    SEALS in nam?

Deep blue Levi jeans, and a tiger stripe shirt, add bandana, webbing with Stabo harness... Handlebar mustache, and done.

Check

Right I just googled a rake of pictures of them there and I see no aks... I'm almost sure I've seen it before but if other guns were common I'd probably go with that, just coz they look so cool as they are.

Lots of LMGs going around it seems. Stoners etc... any ideas?

if you want to accurate the real sword type 56 or 56-1 is a good bet

Yeah I've heard that alright Puding that the Vietnamese had those rather than AKs but SEALs could pick their own gear and I've seen documentaries with guys who opted for AK47s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

SEALs did use whatever they wanted (and I've pictures of SEAL units armed to the teeth with one or two guys carrying AKs), but the SOG teams tended to be the ones which routinely used shed-loads of non-conventional (as in US issue at any rate) guns; AKs, M3A1 Grease guns, Thompsons, etc.

So... in a load-out... how does one differenciate between MAC and SEALs?

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

what are the SOG's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,408 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Check
    Are you even old enough to grow a smudge on your upper lip, nevermind a handlebar mustache?

Are you even old enough to grow a smudge on your upper lip, nevermind a handlebar mustache?

I actually have a slight mustache and VERY hairy legs Thank you very much.
    :P

You know, the expression 'balls drop' does not refer to spilling a bottle of bbs :D
    I've seen your airsoft reviews, your voice is nearly as high as mine! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

You know, the expression 'balls drop' does not refer to spilling a bottle of bbs :D

Drink Guniness. It makes your hair grow*

*please note guniness does not encourage hair growth nor do I endorse underage drinking

-___- :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    You should have heard me before it got deeper! ;)

• Advertisement

It's amazing how quickly we can go from talking about Special Forces divisions to a 14 year old drinking Guiness... with hairy legs...

I <3 airsoft

Advertisement