Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"If they came to hear me beg" challenge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This must be glitched! I can assassinate the elite no problem each go now and no achievement! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

CKWPORT wrote: »
    This must be glitched! I can assassinate the elite no problem each go now and no achievement! :mad:
    test: do exactly as you're doing now, except dont hold the button for the assassination. if you die from the fall then yeah, there's something wrong, if you don't die then you're turning sprint off too late.

Finally got it!!!! On the pillar of autumn level!!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Finally got it!!!! On the pillar of autumn level!!

Spent hours trying to get it there yesterday, extremely addictive achievement to try and get. And it's not helped by the fact that if you die before making it to the Mongoose you respawn back on top of the cliff.

Has anyone tried to get it on Nightfall? Seen a few videos of people getting it there just after you assassinate the elite, gave it a few tries last night but the fall doesnt kill me.

No joy on the nightfall level...the jump is a tad awkward & not as high!

When it unlocked on the pillar level I was stunned as the assassination was no different than my many 100s of failed ones!!

• Advertisement

No joy on the nightfall level...the jump is a tad awkward & not as high!

When it unlocked on the pillar level I was stunned as the assassination was no different than my many 100s of failed ones!!

Got it last night on Pillar of Autumn, instead of coming around the bend and jumping straight off the cliff I moved over to the right side and tried from there getting it in the first attempt. Was still a fluke though as my girlfriend has been trying to get it since I did from the same position and has had no luck. I think the main problem I had was touching off the Elite before assassinating him. This stops the fall from killing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

its hard enough without the damn achievments being so glitchy . i got it after 15 minutes of hard labour and restarting and timing everything to the second . he jumps off the cliff once dies and while pausing for respawn you see an invisible force tearing the elite to the ground and stabbing it while giving my brother the achievment . he goes back to the start of pillar like me checks his gamerscore and there it is :/. hows that for jammy !

sierra117x wrote: »
    hows that for jammy !

My girlfriend was trying to get it for ages while I was in college the other day (she said she wasn't but I know she was). I arrived home as she started her latest attempt, she turned to me to say hello not stopping her attempt and turned back just in time to press b and get the achievement. Not a method i would recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Finally got this last night when I was finishing my solo legendary play through , God only knows why it did not unlock before as I did it the same way a few weeks ago around 100 times :confused:, frustrating and addictive at the same time :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Such a frustrating achievment! Been using the Pillar of Autumn level to try, going to give it a go on Nightfall later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Turtyturd wrote: »
    My girlfriend was trying to get it for ages while I was in college the other day (she said she wasn't but I know she was). I arrived home as she started her latest attempt, she turned to me to say hello not stopping her attempt and turned back just in time to press b and get the achievement. Not a method i would recommend.

jesus, i wish my girlfriend was this supportive of video gaming haha

maximoose wrote: »
    jesus, i wish my girlfriend was this supportive of video gaming haha

Heh ....it can get a bit on the embarrassing side when she beats you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Something like 6 months later and i still can't get this......grrr.....anybody else still struggling?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Something like 6 months later and i still can't get this......grrr.....anybody else still struggling?

You must be doing something wrong. It should only take like, 20mins max.

Took me over 100 goes easily! It just never popped and I did manage the assassination correctly loads of times!

Then it eventually popped up during what looked like a botched assassination! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Rob2D wrote: »
    You must be doing something wrong. It should only take like, 20mins max.

i'v hundreds of assinations done, just the achievement wont pop. I give up. Spent about 2 hours today, can't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

I think you need to make sure that you turn off sprint much earlier, if the fall damage doesn't kill you.. the achievement won't pop.. and if you leave sprint on the fall wont kill you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Yes, what manti said. You have to stop sprinting mid-air. When you stop sprinting, the height from you to the ground has to be enough to kill you.

I've heard of people getting it on the spire campaign level too. Also, you prob should be doing it on normal, since some achievements don't pop when playing on easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

only managed to get this on Saturday night.. i was practically on the ground when it kicked in and I lost all sheilds and all but 2 of the health bars.. maybe that will help someone ;)

Advertisement