Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The C&H Fantasy Football Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Whoa, I'm finally after trying to sort out my team. Bleh, I don't have enough subs to sort out all the injuries...my defenders are also a fail. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Took a chance and set Hernandez as my cap'n. Oh how little chico has served me well - a sound 24 points from him alone! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

I AM INVINCIBLE =D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

I AM INVINCIBLE =D
    Logs onto fantasy football for the first time since the scores were stopped being posted. i'm still last. :P

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

59 points so far this week. :)
    Back into the Top 5 in the C&H League! \o/

• Advertisement

59 points so far this week. :)
    Back into the Top 5 in the C&H League! \o/
    Just played my wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Logs onto fantasy football for the first time since the scores were stopped being posted. i'm still last. :P

Sorry. Lately, I have been doing a lot more lurking than posting. If people want me to I will start posting the scores back up.

unknown13 wrote: »
    Sorry. Lately, I have been doing a lot more lurking than posting. If people want me to I will start posting the scores back up.
    Same. I'm not too bothered either way. It was just that I always abandon it around the same time each year.

I used to be 2nd. What happened. :(

Right, I am bumping this thread up ahead of the last weekend of the season to show where people stand and to see who is in contention for the Championship. As people can see next week will be interesting with Knife and KevinS battling it out for the title. Also there is an interesting battle taking place for the person to avoid last place with 4 battling it out not to be last. Those numbers that are in bold show close gaps in scoring.

1 KevinS 1790

2 KnifeWrench 1788

3 Rebel Girl 1725
    4 Ironictoaster 1712
    5 Mushy 1653

6 Insect Overlord 1594
    7 Flyswatter 1573
    8 Unknown13 1543
    9 Liam Refined Sinus 1539

10 bluejaymarz 1500
    11 Seriousfizz 1462

12 XxEmmaxX 1348
    13 Jackobyte 1344
    14 Deise Girl 1342
    15 DylanS09 1341

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Ha. I stopped updating my team around last year.

Not doing too shabbily.

I was in the top 3 at the start of the year.

Once upon a time I was in second place...

It's like I try to fail at this. :(

After consideration I have decided to resign as the Administrator of the C&H fantasy football league at the end of the season. I will post up the results next week and congratulate the winner. Then I that will be the last of me conducting the fantasy league. I hope it stays on next year and I will more than happy to participate but the end of the day. I did a terrible job, I could have updated the standings weekly and I think it is time to hand over the reigns to someone who will do a better job than I did.

unknown13 wrote: »
    After consideration I have decided to resign as the Administrator of the C&H fantasy football league at the end of the season. I will post up the results next week and congratulate the winner. Then I that will be the last of me conducting the fantasy league. I hope it stays on next year and I will more than happy to participate but the end of the day. I did a terrible job, I could have updated the standings weekly and I think it is time to hand over the reigns to someone who will do a better job than I did.

You did the best you could. *shakes hand*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Jaysus! I'm in 2nd! :eek:

I haven't updated my team in months. :D

Season has finished. Will post up the results after 10 because they have to be calculated by the site we are using for the league.

1 KnifeWrench 1831

2 KevinS 1824
    3 Ironictoaster 1763
    4 Rebel Girl 1753

5 Mushy 1704
    6 Insect Overlord 1623
    7 Flyswatter 1599

8 Unknown13 1597
    9 Liam Refined Sinus 1589

10 bluejaymarz 1544
    11 Seriousfizz 1485
    12 Jackobyte 1404

13 Deise Girl 1377
    14 DylanS09 1377
    15 XxEmmaxX 1376

CONGRATULATIONS TO KNIFEWRENCH, You are the 2010 / 2011, Boards.ie, Clearasil and Hormones forum fantasy football CHAMPION.

Commiserations to KevinS, who came so close to winning the title.

I would like to thank everyone who played throughout the year. We had a good strong interest in the league. Getting 15 to players in the league for a forum where that isn't sport specific was a nice achievement. The league was for fun and there wasn't a single time where anything got heated over the league, which was nice to see and also why I am not making a big deal over last place aswell.

All good things have to come to an end and now the Premier League season is over we have crowned a worthy champion: KnifeWrench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

lolwut.jpg

The irony is I most certainly would not have won if I actually updated my team and tried to do well! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

You deserve it Knifey!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I forgot about this after christmas, no idea how I did so good.

/smug

• Advertisement

LAST? I FINISHED LAST.

FFS, even deise_girl beat me. *cries*

LOL! I didn't finish last. I pretty sure I said I'd call that a victory when I started late. 60 point final week hall is pretty nice on my part as well.

Ya, I'm satified.

*Bump*

I just rejoined the league since I couldn't set up a team through the internet on my phone last week. Only a week behind this year. I think I was about 2 months behind last year. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

*Bump*

I just rejoined the league since I couldn't set up a team through the internet on my phone last week. Only a week behind this year. I think I was about 2 months behind last year. :o

Is the C&H league running again this year?! :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is the C&H league running again this year?! :)

It is. PM Unknown13 for the league code.

*Bump*

Actually, you wont be as the league doesn't start until week 2 because of problems. It appears though, this hasn't been applied to our league.

Since the league hasn't been reset for us. I am using my admin powers to reset the league. The league will commence for us on Saturday. Sorry for any incovience being caused. Statement by the sites admins is below.

Statement by premier league.com's site admins

• Registered Users Posts: 9,694 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

PM me for the Head-to-Head code too, anybody who wants in needs to do so before Saturday! :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

*blows cobwebs and dust away from thread*

I knew there was one of these threads somewhere down the back of the sofaforum.

I'm going to continue doing it this year past October, I swear...

No seriously!

Anyway, my GW1 team:

217339.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

This is mine. The team itself was partially auto-completed but I'm quite happy with how it turned out. Not really much on the bench tbh.

6977269797b1fa8291ebb41c0b931a7f.png?1345150320

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Cruel Sun wrote: »
    @WNolan, you could remove De Gea and get a cheaper GK, you'd have money left over then. You don't get any points for your subs I don't think.

Both De Gea and Cech only cost £12.5m, which I thought was a bargain tbh.

If I were to sell one of them it'd be Cech though, since I like to have a United GK in my teams. I only chose Cech cos he has 2 games this week.

RVP and Aguero up front is a nice combination. I found strikers to be the hardest thing to buy this year. I spent all my money on Defenders and midfielders. Though I feel I made the right choice focusing on my midfield more than previous years.

Advertisement