Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PZ81 HOTEL SD Card Request

• 23-11-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Well I've managed to lose my DTT channels on a trusty panny. My hotel file on my SD has been overwritten by someone too! (it could be me) Can any one help me with a copy of their channel data for Kippure please? I am fuming.
    Thanks

FarmerB

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You would be a good example of someone who would have been fine a month ago and now has a bricked telly. You should have had an SD card backup but many people don't even have that.

Read my suggestion for an "Amnesty" here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=69170758&postcount=61

And email that into RTENL who could organise it and unbrick the telly for you.

http://www.rtenl.ie/

This forum will not be found wanting if we have a time and date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14 farmerbrown101

thanks for the reply. I will follow up on the Amnesty. There's no harm trying.

Anyone have what I'm looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

I have a PZ81 that I have not retuned for at least 6 months @ Cairn Hill as I have a HTPC with 3xDVB-T and 3xDVB-S tuners.

Where in the menu is this feature to "save to SD"?

maybe it appears after you install an SDcard in the slot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bob11

This how you save the file:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60202689&postcount=118

There is an old file for an LZD81 here for 3 rock :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60203160&postcount=120

I used this file on my 37LZD81 a while ago and it worked, even though it was from a 32LZD81 ..

There is also a older file here that says it includes Kippure:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=60218242&postcount=138

This is from a 50PZ81 ...

And another Kippure one her :

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63056186&postcount=338

I will get an updated file from my 37LZD81 tonight, but I am on 3 rock only, so probably no use ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 farmerbrown101

thanks guys for the posts!

So what do you think will happen if I copy over a hotel file from an lcd to a plasma (different models)? will I get away with it? has anyone tried it that you know?

Mullingar, I am in Naas so Cairn Hill is a bit too far out of reach for me

thanks again

Some info on using incorrect files here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055542668&page=22

Would be good to read this entire thread ...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Hissing Sideban

Someone accidentally retuned my TH42PZ81, losing all the channels! a rescan will only alllow one 'Test' TV channel with a Philips PM5644 type test card and th eradio channels. Previously I had RTE 1 and 2, the news channel, the test channels also and 3e TV3 etc

I have a back up but only has the four normal channels.

Anyone a recent Hotel backup for Leinster (or possibly Waterford)?

Thanks

HS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Del3D

Hi all,

Please find attached my TH50PZ81 backup files. They are for Three Rock and have the RTEs and the BBC HDs. The one for Northern Ireland doesn't seem to have ITV1 HD, so I rescanned with a London Postcode and it is in the London file. These were working tonight, 28/6/11.

The user password is set to 0000 and I have removed my personal details.

Unzip to your SD card, place in TV and upload password is 4851.

Hope it works for you,

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stephene

Del3D wrote: »
    Hi all,

Please find attached my TH50PZ81 backup files. They are for Three Rock and have the RTEs and the BBC HDs. The one for Northern Ireland doesn't seem to have ITV1 HD, so I rescanned with a London Postcode and it is in the London file. These were working tonight, 28/6/11.

Hope it works for you,

D.

When my BBC HD channels disappeared due to the DVB-S2 switchover, I foolishly did a shipping condition reset on my TH46PZ81 without backing up my current system setup and, of course, got the BBC HDs back but lost all my RTE DVB-T channels!

I lived in hope that, someday, someone would post a working Three Rock hotel backup for a PZ81, and yes, today is that day :D

Thanks for taking the time to post your setup, it worked a treat!

Regards,
    Stephen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

stephene wrote: »
    When my BBC HD channels disappeared due to the DVB-S2 switchover, I foolishly did a shipping condition reset on my TH46PZ81 without backing up my current system setup and, of course, got the BBC HDs back but lost all my RTE DVB-T channels!

I lived in hope that, someday, someone would post a working Three Rock hotel backup for a PZ81, and yes, today is that day :D

Thanks for taking the time to post your setup, it worked a treat!

Regards,
    Stephen

But does this not revert BBC HD Channels problem ? There are 2 Hotel files there - one for the HDs and one for 3 rock. Surely it doesnt load both - its either one or the other ?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 stephene

STB wrote: »
    But does this not revert BBC HD Channels problem ? There are 2 Hotel files there - one for the HDs and one for 3 rock. Surely it doesnt load both - its either one or the other ?

One hotel file was for a London Freesat postcode, the other was a Northern Ireland Freesat postcode, both were for the 3 rock DVB-T transmitter.

I used the London hotel files (wanted ITV-HD on 119) and I can testify I now have my RTE channels back AND BBC One HD/BBC HD are working fine on 108/109 also :)

stephene wrote: »
    One hotel file was for a London Freesat postcode, the other was a Northern Ireland Freesat postcode, both were for the 3 rock DVB-T transmitter.

I used the London hotel files (wanted ITV-HD on 119) and I can testify I now have my RTE channels back AND BBC One HD/BBC HD are working fine on 108/109 also :)

Thanks stephene/Del 3d. Mixed reports of this working/not working. I had it in the back of mind that it didnt work. Good news for Aepos.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=72612653

Perhaps a mod could merge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Satfinder

@Del3D
    Hi all,

Hope it works for you,

D.

Oh, you are spoiling us, Mr. Del3D!

@all PZ81 owners receiving from Kippure/Three Rock

I couldn't persuade my PZ81 to tune in BBC HD after the Beeb switched to S2, without losing the Saorview channels. So I needed this data even though I never lost RTE.

I'll go with the London postcode version. ITV no longer include regional variations in the 9xx logical channel numbers in Freesat, but you can tune in UTV using Menu/Freesat/Other Services if you know the transponder details (available at http://en.kingofsat.net/pack-freesat.php). Add STV HD while you're at it. Alternatively, go with the NI hotel card data, and add ITV HD as an Other Channel.

Many Thanks, Del3D.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

...Please find attached my TH50PZ81 backup files. They are for Three Rock and have the RTEs and the BBC HDs...

Would this work for a Panasonic TH-42PZ81B (Three Rock)?

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Nice one folks, I'll give that new 3rock London file a try.

Cheers Ae

Would this work for a Panasonic TH-42PZ81B (Three Rock)?

Yes - it will work for the plasma series the PZ81's (all PZ81's are PZ81B's). It would be dodgy to load it onto the LZD81 which where the LCD's.

It will also work for Kippure as it is SFN i.e. same channel 54.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭PressTheButton

STB wrote: »
    Yes - it will work for the plasma series the PZ81's (all PZ81's are PZ81B's)...

Yes, it did for the Panasonic TH-42PZ81B (Three Rock)! :)
    How simple to do it! Shows how easy Panasonic could have produced a fix for this - IF they cared one jot for their Irish customers.

The Panny now gets following Irish DTT/Saorview channels again:
    800 RTÉ 1
    801 RTÉ 2
    802 TV3
    803 TG4
    804 RTÉ News Now
    Also gets new RTÉ Aertel ('digital teletext') via onboard MHEG-5 middleware. Back to the one TV remote again for main TV. :)

Frees up newly purchased Saorview STB for another (older) TV.

Del3D - Many thanks. You're a credit to Boards.
    STB - Thanks for confirming Del3D's fix would work for the 42"/B version also.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Aepos

Oh! Rats, this is for the Plasma TV's mine is an LCD. What a bummer, still most things come to those who wait!!

Ae

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Del3D: how did you get the hotel file for this? For me its either Saorview or BBC HD.
    Secondly, if I try on my LCD, will it mess it up or just not work and I reload my old hotel file.

• Advertisement

I wouldnt do that. Its for the plasma series.

Unless you intend on painting your LCD screen - thats how useful it would be.

The eeprom might not be the same on an LCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭maxg

You get only a error message and nothing more if you try a plasma hotel file at a lcd. The product-id is part of the hotel file.

Slightly off -topic., but a question for fellow Panasonic TV owners ..

Now that Mux 2 has started trialling new stations, (Has anyone with the problem TVs ) been able to scan them, Or is this the beginning of the End for the affected TvS.

@maxg - have you tried it ? Besides the hardware IDs, I would have thought that there may be a danger with lashing eeprom info from one device (plasma) to different hardware (lcd) with possible different software settings.

Bob that would possibly be the worst thing you could do.

The TVs behave to Dbook Spec. Unless the see the UK MPEG2 flag (0x01) they will ignore all service types in a scan and return no results, regardless of the fact that it can actually display the stations. Thats what the loaded software does.

Until somebody finds a way of loading and editing channel lists including APID, VPID, LCN etc, you will be stuck with 4 stations. In order to keep those 4 stations, do not scan. Its that or nothing. When RTE moves to the 2nd mux, that station will be lost.

Rumour that RTE2 may even move to Mux 2 for the all Ireland semis in August , possible run as SD on Mux1 and HD on Mux 2 starting august.

There is a iplayer update available for the PZ81B series from today on.
    Did someone of the pz81 owners test if the dtt problem is solved with this update?

how do you get this update??

The update is being delivered via freesat. Switch to a freesat channel and do than a manual update.
    Alternatively if automatic update is enabled you should get a message after the next switch on.

Strange on my z81, rte1 and 2 audio now comes on right away but tv3 and 3e needs the nar change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Sadly the update for the LCD TVs (LZD81) to version 2.606 only updates the set for iplayer. I tried a scan on DVB-T and all I get are the radio channels unfortunately - so the scan is still ignoring the advanced codec flag.:(

BBC iplayer will only work if you are in the UK - I have no proxy settings for routing the stream so the update is essentially useless.

If anyone has a hotel file for Channel 52 (Greystones relay) I would be grateful if you can upload it or PM me so I can give you an email address!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Advertisement