Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBLA Deals/Deals with Gold

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭dunworth1

downloading a few trails now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Yeah, this sale is ridiculous. I'm about to drop at least €30 into Microsoft's pocket.

Halo Wars map pack
    Halo Wars game mode pack
    Mirror's Edge map pack
    Maybe Undead Nightmare Collection (already have UN, but it's still cheaper than buying the other 2 DLCs separately)
    Costume Quest
    Maybe Crazy Taxi (Heard it's a bit crap)
    Unbound Saga
    Raskulls
    The new ME2 DLC

By the way, there tends to be at least one DLC on sale on the final day from the arcade titles discounted for the full week, so hold out until Friday and you might get the Costume Quest DLC for 240 etc. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,237 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

whats raskulls like?

Sorry but when is battlefield 1943 on sale again? I await that to drop lol

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Vietnam April 5-11 600 50%

Onslaught Mode April 5-11 200 50%

Kit Shortcut Bundle Pack April 5-11 600 75%

Specact Upgrade Bundle April 5-11 240 50%

Battlefield 1943 April 5-11 600 50%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

This weeks Deal of the Week online now
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Promotion/dealoftheweek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

The one day only friday deals have been revealed:

Fallout: New Vegas "Dead Money" add-on - 400 MS Points
    Comic Jumper - 400 MS Points
    Deadliest Warrior - 200 MS Points
    Fable 3 "Understone" add-on - 200 MS Points

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/03/30/xbox-live-april-schedule-bad-company-2-dlc-comic-jumper-discou/#continued

Comic Jumper for 400 sounds good to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

I totally recommend Strain. I read on Major Nelsons blog that there will be more special offers on April fools day so might be a good idea not to spend all your points until then.

Save your points until tomorrow. There's more massive reductions around the corner.:)
    - Age of Booty 400 points (usually 800)
    - Defence Grid, 400 points (usually 800)
    - Lumines LIVE, 400 points (usually 800)
    - Mad Tracks, 400 points (usually 800)
    - Rocket Riot, 400 points (usually 800)
    - Schizoid, 400 points (usually 800)
    - South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play!, 400 points (usually 800)
    - Super Street Fighter II HD, 560 points (usually 1200)
    - Track & Field, 240 points (usually 400)
    - Wallace & Gromit Episode 1, 400 points (usually 800)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-4781-Xbox-Live-Arcade-April-Sale-Is-No-April-Fool-s-Joke.html

Unfortunately I have all the really good ones already. There's no excuse for anyone not to pick up Super street fighter HD at that price. A fantastic game. Lumines and South Park are pretty good too. Might give Schizoid ago.

might pick up Lumines LIVE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love how xbox marketplay goes the steam sale way. It really really handy for gamers! I bet developers get a good chunk of profit too.

Half one and I've yet to see any April fools day specials on the dashboard...maybe that was the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

Age of Booty is down to 400 points so they've been reducecd, just not on the dash yet

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-IE/Search?query=age%20of%20booty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Azure's post source is from last year. Shame as I'm only recently getting into fighting games again. As for Age Of Booty, I'm guessing its one of the permanent reductions made to a few unpopular games a few months ago.

Crap...sorry about that. I just saw X men arcade etc reduced. Not as good as I first thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Is worms 2 worth it?

I got the first when i first got live and still play it occasionally, but i seen that number 2 has no multiplayer?!.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

is south park game any good? anyone have the full game?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Just gave Worms 2 a boot, seems to have both Local and Online MP. I think the little indicators on the games for "Online" and "Co-op" are bugged on XBLA.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Is worms 2 worth it?

I got the first when i first got live and still play it occasionally, but i seen that number 2 has no multiplayer?!.. :confused:

it has multiplayer, worms 2 is excellent, the battle pack DLC is cheap too

is south park game any good? anyone have the full game?

Yes, it's a fun tower defence game. Well worth it and lots of bonus clips from the show too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Lordhogo

Got Raskulls yesterday and would highly reccomend it to anyone. Seems like there is plenty to do in it and should last a good while so definetley worth the 400 points. I would nearly call it a hybrid of sonic and mario kart the way the racing is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

can anyone recommend a game with 4 player local mutiplayer thats loads of fun (and that is NOT worms, because playing worms on a console is bollox, pc all the way.... )

quick mindless fun. similar to 3v3 NHL arcade or fusion frenzy etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Quick mindless fun + local multiplayer = Bomberman Live

This weeks DOTW out now!

Its Battlefield.

There's a Spring Fling coming up week after next with lots of deals including Fifa 11, Plants Vs Zombies, Dance Central Add-ons etc.... should be something for everybody.

Korvanica wrote: »
    can anyone recommend a game with 4 player local mutiplayer thats loads of fun (and that is NOT worms, because playing worms on a console is bollox, pc all the way.... )

quick mindless fun. similar to 3v3 NHL arcade or fusion frenzy etc...
    Raskulls looks like a fun one, but I doubt you bought it on sale last week?
    keith123 wrote: »
    This weeks DOTW out now!

Its Battlefield.

There's a Spring Fling coming up week after next with lots of deals including Fifa 11, Plants Vs Zombies, Dance Central Add-ons etc.... should be something for everybody.

PvZ better be no more than 600. I absolutely love that game, but it should have been 800 originally, not 1200. As badly as I want it, I won't be buying it if it's only reduced to 800

FYI - Next weeks deals are all Capcom - Street Fighter etc... 50% off

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Got worms 2 last night, it pretty good, a decent improvement on the first.

However, no-one seems to be playing online which is a shame.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Got worms 2 last night, it pretty good, a decent improvement on the first.

However, no-one seems to be playing online which is a shame.

create a game and someone will play you alright. the online in Worms 2 is very active for an old arcade game. i play it most days online, its such a fun game...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Quick mindless fun + local multiplayer = Bomberman Live

Cool thanks, hmmmm

Bomberman LIVE - regular ole bomberman.

or

Bomberman Battlefest - seems to have various game modes etc

Hmm, which to choose,,, :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Well Battlefest is the newest one, and has way more game types, and if its only local multiplayer you are going for, its probably the better option.

Online, I don't think Battlefest sold too well, so its not easy get a game usually.

Anyways, best thing to do is trial both of them and see which one you refer, definitely more content in Battlefest though.

Carosone is another good game now that I think of it, only played 2 player local matches, got great life outta it. Its like a board game where you make castles and roads with random tiles each turn.

Advertisement