Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proof of Address?

• 23-03-2011 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm living with my boyfriend since Christmas and I'd like to apply for job seeker's allowance/benefit but I have no proof of address. I have no bills or anything as my boyfriend has everything in his name and the only proof I have are two package envelopes that I received after buying stuff online. I have a credit union and bank account but they're registered at my "home" address where my parents live. Does anyone know what I could do? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭sanbrafyffe

ring the credit union and change adresses.then get a statement from them

• Registered Users Posts: 15 xTLCx

Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,511 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

change over the ESB bill to joint names or you could change it over to your name for one bill and change it back if you liked.You can do this on the ESB website iirc.

If I did that, would I need to pay from my own bank account or my boyfriend's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

xTLCx wrote: »
    If I did that, would I need to pay from my own bank account or my boyfriend's?

ESB care not from where the money comes.

• Advertisement

testicle wrote: »
    ESB care not from where the money comes.

Ok thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

You can get a letter from him stating you are living at the address along with his tenancy agreement or a utility bill in his name.

eastbono wrote: »
    You can get a letter from him stating you are living at the address along with his tenancy agreement or a utility bill in his name.

I was thinking about that. So I would need a letter and a bill from him because it's his house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

xTLCx wrote: »
    I was thinking about that. So I would need a letter and a bill from him because it's his house?

Yes and if its Jobseekers Allowance you are applying for his earnings will be taken into account for your claim.

Advertisement