Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford People???

• 29-12-2002 5:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

right...who are the waterford people here? particularly those in the wesht of the county???

anyone from lismore, tallow, knockanore etc???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,288 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by revelate
    right...who are the waterford people here? particularly those in the wesht of the county???

anyone from lismore, tallow, knockanore etc???

I keep forgetting that Waterford is not just Waterford city. Though I think that a few people around here are from the county and some are even from Dungarvan. :)

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by jmcc
    and some are even from Dungarvan

heaven forbid

i live too close to Dungarvan for comfort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

An embittered Abbeyside man, eh mossy??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Originally posted by revelate
    An embittered Abbeyside man, eh mossy??

actually i don't live in Abbeyside but i do spend a lot of my time there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

I'm from the city...

merlante

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

from just outside the city myself...
    but based in Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Evac101

Same as last post really - Frow Wat but based in Dub - right up to the point that I manage to get work anywhere ouside of here.

(Why yes comrade - two carrots and a chicken to work in your wonderful gulag sounds great....)

Any of the other Wat's in Dubland realise that Waterford wasn't really all that violent and dirty?:)

Evac....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Waterford City also. Spent 8 years in Dublin. Got out of there a year or two ago and life has been better since then. Less Money, but less costs too (and less places to spend it !). Trouble is very few companies in Waterford can afford to pay a decent salary, so if you are coming from Dublin, you gotta get lucky on the job front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

I'm based in Dublin myself at the moment as well.

I don't intend to stay here for ever though, the quality of life is a lot better in Waterford. Most of the same stuff is there with a tenth of the hassle you get in Dublin commuting etc. And yes it is filthy.

merlante

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭revelate

i'm living in the dirty big shmoke as well myself, not finding it too bad although I do yearn for the fields every so often ..i find a good run around the phoenix park soon sorts that out.....did i say that out loud?....hmmmm....

• Advertisement

Nods Revelate - easy to end up running through Pheonix Park alright - usually just after the locals hear a non-northsider accent:P

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Babelouee

Yeah I'm from Wateford living in Dublin too.
    Its good to come home sometimes to the Deise land!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

So all those from Deise land but based in Dub.. what part of dub you all based in and what ya working at..??

Work in City Centre, live in harolds cross area, work in IT...

I think an oul boards.ie/deise people get together might be in order... ya know, a few drinks (ok a lot of drinks) and a chat about the ould homeland...

any takers..?? :D:p

IT worker, Living South Sircular Road area, working in HP/Compaq in Clonskeagh.

Don't drink though:P....

I live in Tempelogue and work in Ringsend

what do u work at Babelouee..??

I am an accounts administrator, what do you do TP?

network administrator here...

well that and general dogsbody... some people seem to think here that because I work with computers, its ok for them to call me when the need to change a plug, the toaster is broken, someone is looking for directions (this one is a regular occurance), they cant change the cover on their mobile phone.. and basic DIY stuff around the building... i dunno...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Advertisement