Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Guardian Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Didn't see anyone discuss bout The Last Guardian, Team Ico 3rd game Looks to be a Classic. I consider Shadow of the Colossus my favourite game of all time , it was just Magnificent and was shown to many people that videogames can be art too.

Here are New Screen Shots

http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/84825/the-last-guardian-new-screenshots/

last-guardian-screenshots-march-2011_1300311936.jpg

I cant wait for this gem, Fumito Ueda and Team Ico i trust to make even a possible better experience than ico and SOTC had on me :)

Theres not alot of discussion because we still havent seen much of the game, i've no doubt it'll be a contender for GOTY tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Magill wrote: »
    Theres not alot of discussion because we still havent seen much of the game, i've no doubt it'll be a contender for GOTY tho.

its mos likely will be GOTY , SOTC and Ico won tons of awards so this will very well may be , lack of gameplay doesnt bother me i know this will be great ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,689 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm trying to find out as little as possible about the game prior to release.

That's how I found ICO so appealing -- I knew it was good, I just didn't know "why" until I played it. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I very much doubt we'll be playing it in 2010. I think the plan so far is a late 2010 release in Japan and a Spring release in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I very much doubt we'll be playing it in 2011. I think the plan so far is a late 2011 release in Japan and a Spring release in the West.

*cough*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,693 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Otacon wrote: »
    *cough*

Well play it in japanese if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I very much doubt we'll be playing it in 2010. I think the plan so far is a late 2010 release in Japan and a Spring release in the West.
    Well play it in japanese if you want.

Must..... resist.... facepalm image..... :):D

Oh a typo. Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Looks like we will not be seeing this till 2015 at the earliest

http://kotaku.com/the-last-guadian-is-not-as-important-as-other-games-rig-1181769740

Xenji wrote: »

http://kotaku.com/the-last-guadian-is-not-as-important-as-other-games-rig-1181769740
    (T__T)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭C14N

Xenji wrote: »

How can a game that takes this long possibly be profitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

This is like when the Half-Life 3 thread reappears, isn't it?

C14N wrote: »
    How can a game that takes this long possibly be profitable?
    Tiny dev team.

It's easier when your salaries are spread between 12 people rather than 250.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    This is like when the Half-Life 3 thread reappears, isn't it?

Full of disappointment. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Tiny dev team.

Didn`t the studio head leave then say he was staying just until they finish this game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭C14N

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Tiny dev team.

Is Team Ico really that small? I mean I could understand a team of 12 making Ico and maybe Shadow of the Colossus at a real stretch but with the kind of graphical fidelity this game has it looks like a major, high-budget game that would need a fairly large team.

C14N wrote: »
    Is Team Ico really that small? I mean I could understand a team of 12 making Ico and maybe Shadow of the Colossus at a real stretch but with the kind of graphical fidelity this game has it looks like a major, high-budget game that would need a fairly large team.

http://teamico.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Ico

SotC had only 43 people in their credits (not including translators)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Listening to anything IGN has to say... ever

https://twitter.com/RohdeScott/status/475515804067569664

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dear Glob in heaven, please may it be a surprise at E3... Please please please...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

gsQE3dV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

They just have to show it this year. Or say something... I need something!

It's happening.

UZtZIW2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34,275 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

How someone can write 'intvu tmrw' straight after using the word 'unequivocally' is baffling :pac:

I seriously won't believe this game is going ahead on the current gen until I have a copy of it in my hands. Sick of being disappointed :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    I seriously won't believe this game is going ahead on the current gen until I have a copy of it in my hands. Sick of being disappointed :(

They'll have to set up a counselling service for heartbroken PS3 owners who have been patiently awaiting this game since the console was launched.
    I'd say the kind of emotional turmoil if this gets announced as a PS4 exclusive could be too much.
    Still, a lot of work there for asylums in the country, caring for the poor souls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm calling it, we won't see the last guardian till 2020, if at all.

As I have a PS4 I'm hoping it will become a PS4 exclusive but I definitely understand where you're coming from Ciderman.

As it's Japan.. I wouldn't be surprised if it was still a PS3 exclusive. I just don't want it to be cross gen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Now I'm reluctant to believe any of the hearsay and conjecture that has surrounded this game over the last few years, but there does seem to have been frequent suggestions that the game ran into fairly severe technical challenges necessitating the input of different studios to try and solve them. If there's any truth in that, then moving to the PS4 seems like not only a potential option, but also the preferable one. If the extra processing power of the machine allows Ueda and his team to realise their vision as intended, then I wouldn't begrudge it even if I didn't own a PS4. These are developers who have always overshot with frankly glorious results - the sheer depth of SotC's design more than makes up for the fact that technically it clearly shoves a next-gen (or PS3) vision into previous-gen hardware (PS2). If The Last Guardian arrives on PS4, then it will undoubtedly be a significantly less compromised game than a PS3 (or indeed cross-gen) version would - I'm sure that would still be an astonishing game, mind you, given Team Ico are responsible for two games that pretty much every other developer in the world is still struggling to catch up with.

But the thought of what they'll come out with after potentially skipping a whole console generation... this could be a Terence Malick sort of situation!

Ico (started life on PS1, moved to PS2)
    Shadow of the Colossus (finished on PS2, but only good framerate on PS3)
    The Last Guardian (started life on PS3, better on PS4?)

I can dig it.

• Advertisement

I don't care.
    If it came out on the BBC-B I'd buy it to play The Last Guardian, I'd buy a PS4 to play The Last Guardian, without hesitation, I'd mortgage the cat, sell the children, indenture the wife, figure how many liver lobes I can live without and which kidney I'm not so attached to and I'd sell them all, then buy a PS4, just for that game.
    This is what the next gen, heck, every gen is about.
    It doesn't matter who builds the machines that enable you to play, it only matters that you get your sweaty mitts on the best experiences possible, and if the game is really that good, it is worth buying the whole console for that, even if nothing of note ever comes out again.
    The PS2 is a stone cold legend of a machine, there hasn't been a console since to host so many utterly must have games.
    But, if it only ever hosted Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, it would have been worth buying for those alone.
    Although Ibara and Odin Sphere are pretty good reasons to own it as well!

Advertisement