Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamer Tag Thread III

• 13-03-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,442 ✭✭✭✭

Since the demise of mygamercard, the old thread was pretty broken. Lots of posters aren't on this site any more either. Time to reboot it once again and bring it up to date with the active gamers on this site.

Here are the rules for the new list:
    • Rather than write down a big list of games you are currently playing (which will be out of date in 2 months), use a site like one of sites listed below to create a graphical representation of your tag, and the games you are playing (instructions can be found below). At a glance, you can see what games people are currently playing. If you're looking for a game of Black Ops, just look down through the images and see if you can see a Black Ops logo in someone's tag, and send them an invitation.
    • The site you use should give instructions on what code to use to get your the gamertag image to appear properly on a bulletin board. If they don't, simply use the Insert Image button (insertimage.gif) here on boards to directly insert your image into a post.
    • No chat! Just post the images...
    Thats all there is to it. Some sites you can use to generate a tag are:

exophase.com/gamercards/
    www.xboxlc.com
    www.trueachievements.com
    www.xbox360achievements.org

Thats it.... start posting!

When posting, you can UNTICK "Show your Signature" to stop images from doubling up!! (I will edit posts to remove double graphics if I see them)

I will also clean up the boardsgamers tags over the next week. I'll remove all gamertags that haven't logged in for more than 3 months. If you receive a game invite from one of the boardsgamers tags, feel free to accept it.

1. Once you've accepted the BoardsGamers invite, press the guide button on your xbox.
    2. Select "Friends".
    3. Find BoardsGamers and select it (A button)
    4. Press Right on your controller to switch to "Personal Profile" tab.
    5. Select "View Friends".
    6. Find someone you want to be friends with, select them and "Send Friend Request".
    7. Hit the back (B) button, and Repeat Step 6 for anyone else you want to be friends with.

Comments

Advertisement