Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BMI DiamondClub free for a year

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

snubbleste wrote: »
    Diamond Club, one of the world's most generous frequent flyer programmes, is delighted to offer you an exclusive welcome bonus. Join today and we'll offer you instant Silver membership.*

Benefits include 20kg extra free baggage allowance on Bmi and other Star alliance airlines such as United and US Airways. Handy if you are heading Stateside this summer. Bmi fly from Dublin to Heathrow.

http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/loyalty-programmes/diamond-club/promotions/exclusive-instant-silver-membership.aspx

Just tried this, and it set me up as a basic level membership (Blue, not silver). Have contacted BMI to see if they will change it to Silver per the link, and will post the results.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I just applied and got the silver account.
    dunno why you got the blue one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

Nice post!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

IRCA wrote: »
    Just tried this, and it set me up as a basic level membership (Blue, not silver). Have contacted BMI to see if they will change it to Silver per the link, and will post the results.:(

Did you click the 'join diamond club' red button on the right?
    If you clicked on the left side of the screen that does not work for the promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

joined and got Silver...

cheers OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

neacy69 wrote: »
    joined and got Silver...

cheers OP

Must just be me !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Connrang

Blue for me too......done everything according to the post....it's monday sh1...happens:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Gone - page not found :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Thanks OP, I got in before it vanished and have the silver level.

Does anyone know does it entitle you to access to the lounge at Dublin Airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

I signed up but havent verified yet(will do later)

Im flying united airlines in the summer to vegas, i have already booked my flights is there any advantage to this?

• Advertisement

As far as I know you can claim miles on flights already booked but not yet taken. On the United Airlines site you should be able to manage your booking, change passenger details etc, and its on that page that you usually add your frequent flier number. Alternatively, there is a link on the bmi diamond club page when you are logged in that lets you claim missing miles. Definitley worth a shot. Enjoy Vegas!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 LiquidSquid

I just gave them a call and this offer was only valid to customers who received an email from them and wasn't for public consumption?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

sign up as told by clicked the red button, but it does not work for me, only got blue level membership.:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Deal must've been oversubscribed. Expired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭él statutorio

still working, I just registered!

*edit* blue membership :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

damn blue :(

i got blue too, anyway around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

Diamond baby yeah. Thanks op.

Chriscl1 wrote: »

are u silver or blue?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

I just registered for Silver Club:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭cookiemonst3r

I just got a blue membership :) Could this be fake if everyone is getting different results?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Markjsca1

Blue here too...

Buying a Tesla? Get free credits using my referral link https://www.tesla.com/en_ie/referral/mark65212

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Bump for anyone with an explanation as to different results?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Bump for anyone with an explanation as to different results?

If you click on a button on the right side the correct code for this offer was used and you are silver.

If you clicked on the menu item on the left to join (while the button the right was visible) you got 1000 miles instead of silver.

If you click on the menu item on the left ot join now that the button on the right is gone (because this has offer has been taken away) you again get only 1000 miles.

There was a work arround by entering the correct code into the field, however this is not longer valid.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Chriscl1 wrote: »

Think you may be getting confused, whilst the programme is called Diamond Club the levels on offer are only silver or blue?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

robbie1876 wrote: »
    Thanks OP, I got in before it vanished and have the silver level.

Does anyone know does it entitle you to access to the lounge at Dublin Airport?

Silver here too (thanks OP).

According to the website

Exclusive Diamond Club, business and overseas executive lounge access
    (When travelling on a flight operated by bmi)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭leuler

Be prepared to have your silver status downgraded to blue. Just got this today.

Dear xxx

We're pleased to see that you recently joined our Diamond Club frequent flyer programme. However, I'm writing to you because unfortunately the link you used to join was an exclusive by invitation only offer and as noted in our terms and conditions was non transferable.

Regrettably, we will not be honouring the Silver status, and over the next few days your account will be downgraded to Blue status. Our decision is final, and we won't be entering into any further correspondence on this. On a positive note though, our frequent flyer programme is one of the most generous programmes around, and you only need to earn 16,000 membership status miles to earn a Silver membership. When you fly with us, or any of the Star Alliance airlines, you'll reach Silver status in no time at all. You'll also have access to all our offers and promotions, as well as being the first to hear about our great sale fares. We hope you'll still enjoy the benefits of your Diamond Club membership.

Regards

Keeley Downing
    Diamond Club Manager

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭wait4me

leuler wrote: »
    Be prepared to have your silver status downgraded to blue. Just got this today.

Dear xxx

We're pleased to see that ..... We hope you'll still enjoy the benefits of your Diamond Club membership.

Regards

Keeley Downing
    Diamond Club Manager

I just got this as well.

Yup, just got the same. It's a shame they won't stand over it, I can only presume that an absolute ton of people signed up once the link got around. I feel bitter though, cos I've booked flights with BMI and their partners US Airways for two trips in April, based purely on having Silver status on the program. In both cases, neither were the cheapest flying option available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Yep, here too.

Will respond asking to be withdrawn from any BMI database and request written confirmation of such.

@robbie1876, that's a major pain in the ass :mad:

Advertisement