Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to find out about plans for Luas to Fassaroe/Bray?

• 10-03-2011 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been trying to find out about the proposed Luas line to Bray and Fassaroe, and I'm not really sure where to find out more information about whether this will be going ahead, etc. I'm not from the area, but may be moving there in the next year, and I'm not very familiar with researching this type of thing, so if anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful!
    What I've been able to gather so far is that it has been put on hold along with many other things, and may never happen - is this correct?
    Thanks in advance for any advice!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Unlikely to happen for a long, long time-if ever.

The recent extension to the green line runs through mainly empty fields.

They won't be extending the current line until there is new development taking place around it and a lot of development will have to take place along the recent extension first.

Probably at least twenty years away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭jw297

Thanks zebra3. That's the general impression I've been getting alright - it appeared that there was a lot of housing and industrial estates planned for Fassaroe, but presumably if they haven't happened there wouldn't be much point bringing the Luas there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's not just about what was planned for Farrasoe, it's what was planned from Sandyford to Bride's Glen (the recent extension) and from there on to Bray that hasn't happened and with the downturn is unlikely to take place for a considerable time yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

If they have any sense they'll reserve the route and prevent development on it. At least then there is a potential reservation that can be used in 20years time

Advertisement