Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Music Festival - July 30th 2011

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

dayshah wrote: »
    What I'm more concerned about is that there is zero information about who will play. Did someone have a dream with Jim Morrison and an Indian in it?

That seems like the most likely scenario at the moment. Ridiculous from the organisers to announce it and build up hype for so long with no mention of who's playing. This thread was started on the 20th of February. The lineup was due to be confirmed the following week. Well, we're two weeks on now and still not a word. Thick out!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭munster_mafia

Any free tickets for those living across the road maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Who is playing :confused: i taught we were to hear during last week :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Boooourns wrote: »
    Who drives to a gig though?

People not living in Waterford would.

O Riain wrote: »
    all the people wondering about parking have clearly, never, been to a gig in their whole lives.
    who ta **** drives to a gig??????

Believe it or not I have driven to concerts in the past.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    People not living in Waterford would.

Believe it or not I have driven to concerts in the past.

And can you tell me, aside from a festival have you driven to the gig and parked the car up within a two minute walk from THR venue like some people here are expecting???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

And can you tell me, aside from a festival have you driven to the gig and parked the car up within a two minute walk from THR venue like some people here are expecting???

I did that when I went to see Eminem and Bon Jovi. I don't think it's a crazy thing to expect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Yes, I have done. What is your point exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

People actually park their cars in the car park in front of or across the road from the stadium!?

The horror.....THE HORROR!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Waterford Music Fest

Let's Make it Happen

It's been a long time coming and now it's getting closer.

Currently we are very close to securing a major international artist to headline and launch the Waterford Music Fest.

Watch this space for the announcement of announcements.

Lineup Announced Soon

Hang tight folks as we are working hard to make this happen.

There is lots of speculation as to who our act is full details will be revealed when contracts have been signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Minor international act more like haha...

Let's Make it Happen

It's been a long time coming and now it's getting closer.

Currently we are very close to securing a major international artist to headline and launch the Waterford Music Fest.

Watch this space for the announcement of announcements.

Lineup Announced Soon

Hang tight folks as we are working hard to make this happen.

There is lots of speculation as to who our act is full details will be revealed when contracts have been signed.

Getting boring now tbh if its not anyone BIG we will be made a holy show of especially if its only 50 cent imo cant see many getting in a twist over him coming here :(

Fcuking joke. Can't believe they're still hyping it up with nothing to back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Let's Make it Happen

Here's another idea.

You make it happen.

Then fill the rest of us in on who is playing. After that I'll decide whether or not to bother my hole by turning up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Jesus lads some of ye are very ungrateful for this. You'd swear whoever is organising this owes ye something. Fair play to them, even if it is 50 Cent.

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Jesus lads some of ye are very ungrateful for this. You'd swear whoever is organising this owes ye something. Fair play to them, even if it is 50 Cent.

Organising what? So far all they've organised is a Facebook page, a website that looks like Powerpoint vomited all over it and a few posts here and there saying how this is going to be massive for Waterford with a huge international act playing! Not much done yet!

If they do get something going, I'll be the first to congratulate them, but until then they should give up with the hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

Hi Mods ,

The User Waterford Music Fest has no association or anything to do with the event.

Can ye guys please address

Neill

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭scico rocks

Hi Mods ,

The User Waterford Music Fest has no association or anything to do with the event.

Neill

Hey listen, at least this new user is giving us information - whoever it is, they might be able to get a decent act to play!

As a huge live music fan, this is probably the most amateurish attempt at promotion ever. If you are actually involved with this, who's playing?
    As other posters have pointed out, I aint playing 30 euro for 50 cent!

Hey listen, at least this new user is giving us information - whoever it is, they might be able to get a decent act to play!

As a huge live music fan, this is probably the most amateurish attempt at promotion ever. If you are actually involved with this, who's playing?
    As other posters have pointed out, I aint playing 30 euro for 50 cent!

Either am i ffs il be loosing out on 29.50 if i do that ;)

Sry :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

dayshah wrote: »
    Here's another idea.

You make it happen.

Then fill the rest of us in on who is playing. After that I'll decide whether or not to bother my hole by turning up.

hahaha post of the year, hilarious! :D

Seriously though, this fella posting "let's make it happen etc" isn't even associated with the event? Wouldn't surprise me if this a hoax by a few 13 year old lads.

Also, if it is to be a proper festival then you need more than just 1 decent act, obviously the main act will be the big draw, but the support acts can't be just any old idiots!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi Mods ,

Neill

Mod Note

Seems to be associated with the event alright, your web team in particular. Just posting under another name for this instead of their other account. The account is banned from the forum and I have passed it back to the Community Managers to handle your request.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jesus this reminds me of an episode of fr. Ted or something. Way more entertaining than the festival itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

The longer this drags on, the more people will make up their minds that they're not going to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

you better hope its sunny, cos Jazzy Jeff playing Summertime on loop in the RSC ain't gonna b much fun for ne1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

idnt they say they where making the announcment last week??? starting to smell of rubbish to me.

either way it wont sell out. it would be VERY hard to get 25,000 people to waterford for a one day music "festival". gigs happen in Dublin because its easy to get there. the same with cork. the transport to places like Limerick and Waterford is alot more difficult for 25k people. especially the latter.

50 cent couldnt sell out cork and that has regular trains going there all the time. its hard to get a feckin bus to waterford from some parts of the country never mind the train.

the corrs, goo goo dolls, steroephonics wouldnt attract 25k people to dublin never mind here. killers, kings of leon, muse, coldplay all play in dublin every year lately so people will just go to dublin instead of here.

while i support events like this as im from limerick and love the fact that we opened Thomond to gigs. i think this is being over-hyped. there has to be some speculation on who is playing or else word will not spread. how can you get excited about an event that has no artist?? elton john and dillon where promoted a year before they played in limerick and they didnt sell out either.

fact is without naming possible artists you will get no hype. this whole "cant name for legal reasons" rubbish.............. unless they are under age or ashamed to be thinking about playing here then thats not true.

fact is they are probably waiting for more hype before they confirm but they wont get any hype unless they confirm.

as for relying on the local radio station to gaion hype................ wow its definitly going to be amatuer hour then. maybe thats why they wont confirm:rolleyes:

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Organising what? So far all they've organised is a Facebook page, a website that looks like Powerpoint vomited all over it and a few posts here and there saying how this is going to be massive for Waterford with a huge international act playing! Not much done yet!

If they do get something going, I'll be the first to congratulate them, but until then they should give up with the hype.

How long ago did this thing start, 2 or 3 weeks? Jesus like relax.

Give up with the hype? You just said yourself that they've done nothing except set up a Facebook page and their powerpoint website. You'd swear they're littering the town with posters and flyers for it. And god forbid they try and get people excited about it. Jesus the negativity would drain you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Well infairness they did just about everything you can do when you don't have a confirmed act. They couldn't really print flyers saying huge act coming soon.

Ya but I dont see why the negativity. People are dismissing this before the act has even been announced. A big huge festival has been announced for the city and 90% of this thread is people whinging over all sorts of rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

Gerard.C wrote: »
    Ya but I dont see why the negativity. People are dismissing this before the act has even been announced. A big huge festival has been announced for the city and 90% of this thread is people whinging over all sorts of rubbish.

No, they have announced a gig so far (they can call it what they like but its a gig), and havnt said who's headlining or supporting. If they expect people to still be excitied about their event 3 weeks after announcing it (with no more info released) they must think we are all 13 year olds or idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Correct me im wrong, but a festival is run over a few days? more like a one day concert