Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Jurassic Park Game in the (Dream)Works

• 26-01-2011 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Colour me interested...
    heavily inspired by Heavy Rain’s gameplay mechanics. The team is still figuring out how actions are presented to the player, but Boyle says Telltale is approaching the task with “more focus on cinematic presentation of your interactions.” Expect plenty of investigating and looking around in the slower-paced gameplay sections, but when the tension escalates to life and death scrambling, the gameplay shifts from selecting destinations to immediate response.

It wouldn’t be Jurassic Park without velociraptors, and Telltale says they are huge nuisances. The big bad tyrannosaurus rex is also on the hunting trail. Lead designer Joe Pinney also teases another foe. “There’s a dinosaur beyond the movies – a new threat,” he says with a smile. “You’ll recognize it from its glowing eyes in the brush. It’s a nocturnal dinosaur.”

Like most of Telltale’s recent games, Jurassic Park is designed as a five-part downloadable series. The team plans to release it on PCs, Macs, and consoles.

Telltale hopes that the direction it is taking with this beloved license keeps players engaged with the characters as they are dangling from the maws of dinosaurs. The fourth Jurassic Park film has been spinning its wheels in development hell and if the game hits on all the right notes, it could be the continuation fans have been waiting for.

More info (plus lots of pics) here.

Jurassic-Park-6.jpg

Tener says the new dinosaur is Troodon. They seem to be as described in the abandoned game Jurassic Park: Survival

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭scottie pippen

would consider getting back into video games if this develops well.

I enjoyed Jurassic park on the Sega mega drive (best played as a Raptor imo), Jp two on the super nintendo wasn't bad, also really liked the lost world on the Ps one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

That clip doesn't inspire me to go out and buy it to be honest. Need to know more about the game itself and not just look at how good/bad the graphics are.

Good find though, thanks for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭Yitzhak Rabin

Yeah, as games go, I'm not expecting this to be too impressive. Might wait til its in the bargain basket to pick it up.

I don't buy brand new games. Too expensive. I prefer to raid back catalogues and pick up pre-owneds and pick 'em up dirt cheap. This would jhave to be getting incredible reviews for me to invest. I'll probably wait until it hits the '2 for €50' mark.

Interesting how the story runs paralell to the events of the movie though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

And we have Primal Carnage waiting in the wings to come out as well.

All I want is to play Dino Crisis 3 again or for it to work on the 360. Loved that game on the standard Xbox.

Hell I would not mind playing the old Playsation game Dino Crisis 2 again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

Looks great to me... but I'm still waiting for a Jurassic Park videogame to have the Jurassic Park III Pteranodons... (yeah, I loved the movie, so what! :cool:)

Kess73 wrote: »
    And we have Primal Carnage waiting in the wings to come out as well.

Epic trailer.

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Looks great to me... but I'm still waiting for a Jurassic Park videogame to have the Jurassic Park III Pteranodons... (yeah, I loved the movie, so what! :cool:)

ban-youre-banned.jpg&sa=X&ei=WOKMTbmzBJKGhQeQ3u2kCw&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNHDjtvKv2rBOnJ3WplN4vmF3HUV4g

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

I'm banned??

the-scream-4892704.jpg

Meh, I still love the movie :cool: Great memories from childhood...

And that Primal Carnage trailer was so obviously designed as bait for angry fanboys...

Clever marketing. Their online forums are swamped with "Giant carnivore 1 versus giant carnivore 2" threads.

• Advertisement

Am I a freak among dinosaur lovers then, since that bait is not working on me at all? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Adam Khor wrote: »
    Am I a freak among dinosaur lovers then, since that bait is not working on me at all? :(

I seriously hope not or that makes me a freak too:D

Mind you I always knew I was a little strange since my doc passed me onto the local vet.:pac:

Hahahaha:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

So this is due out in Americaland on the 15th.

Any word on the European release?

http://www.telltalegames.com/jurassicpark/tour/

I thought the Mr. DNA soundalike was the best thing about the page until I got the password in one go. ;)

Slick website. Interesting to see Herrarasaurus make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Ridley

Guess I didn't look hard enough.
    Jurassic Park (in) Europe

Sadly not the fabled location in the Azores...but instead an update on what our friends in Europe can expect as far as Jurassic Park: The Game goes.

As always, you can of course buy the digital PC and Mac versions of the game from the Telltale Online Store and from our friends at Steam. You'll be able to do that on November 15th (US Pacific time).

PSN: we are working hard to get the game out on PSN in Europe at the same time as it hits in North America. We'll keep you posted on developments.

Xbox 360: We are working to secure a European publishing partner in order to get the game to you. We look forward to making an announcement on that soon. Sadly, it means that we won't be able to get you into Jurassic Park on Xbox 360 until sometime in the New Year, but again, we're doing everything that we can to get it to 360 owners as quickly as possible.
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27007

2mzz34m.png

Advertisement