Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cool Gadgets I Found Today

• 27-01-2011 3:42pm
    Subscribers Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Got a great idea from one of the forum posters and that was to create a thread that we would sticky and post gadgets found while browsing the web.

Lets hope we get some interesting ones.

Thanks
    TCP/IP

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Way hay!

I've a few to share....

These alarm clocks are cool First one is a desktop one, second one is a CD case clock, i want one...
    tumblr_ld1pplGH3e1qa414ko1_500.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRysixW4m2PMr-JYVCZxmKWlTZkcQZ2WHjOZC8OXk638k4cbmmr can be got here linky

Ice cube tray with a difference..

Bullet-Ice-Cube-Tray-1.jpg

The funkiest USB sticks i've seen made by steampunk, they have a class selection of them, this one is my fav...
    general.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Expected more than one reply myself :pac:
    Was hoping to see cool gadgets instead of the eReader threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Way hay!

I've a few to share....

These alarm clocks are cool First one is a desktop one, second one is a CD case clock, i want one...

They've given me a good idea, thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

any chance you could post links? really interested in the icecube bullets.

great thread btw

Prototype toaster, no more burnt toast but how does it work, lol?
    transparent-toaster.jpg

I want one of these...
    looxcie.jpg
    link

Cool laptop ctand that stops you laptop overheating
    roll-pad-laptop-stand-japan.jpg
    link

And finally i give you the seabreacher, this thing looks like great craic :)
    Seabreacher-X-2.jpg
    cruise%20beneath.jpg
    seabreacher.jpg

link

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm loving that toaster..

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'm loving that toaster..

Yeah its pretty cool alright, only thing is how does it work? that and it would be broken in a week in my house, ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Yeah its pretty cool alright, only thing is how does it work? that and it would be broken in a week in my house, ha ha!

Possibly something akin to how they heat the rear window in a car only a lot stronger (and less visible). I'm wondering how you get the toast out of it once it's done :p

Possibly something akin to how they heat the rear window in a car only a lot stronger (and less visible). I'm wondering how you get the toast out of it once it's done :p

its only enclosed on 2 sides afink... could be right re the cooking but it would take ages

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's a "concept" toaster, a defunct concept at that :D

The toaster was dreamt up by these guys: http://www.inventables.com/ (actual concept page now deleted) about 4-5 years ago, it was only ever a rendering with no conceivable method of operation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

201445_YM2Ct0a5xC_I2vB1GGHe1RjZb.png

That one (another concept) might be more feasible, but you can see the element so it's not as magic.

How cool is this :)

exact-colour-of-a-leaf-exact-colour-of-an-apple-32277-1300095007-16.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 greasycheese

Pretty cool gadgets guys!
    I was looking for an internet tv player and I found this one called LookeeTV! I think its pretty cool. Its also an internet radio, fm radio, media player and has apps,etc. There are pictures on their website http://www.lookeetv.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Looks like a terrific idea, David Brabben is a genius but whether he gets this off the ground, I am a bit dubious.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Saw that a few days ago. Very cool little device.

I prefer ASUS's IRIS project though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSVdZyz23AQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

Pretty cool gadgets guys!
    I was looking for an internet tv player and I found this one called LookeeTV! I think its pretty cool. Its also an internet radio, fm radio, media player and has apps,etc. There are pictures on their website http://www.lookeetv.com

i just prop up Ipad in the kitchen when i want to watch live tv or catch up services while i'm cooking.
    But its good if you dont have tablet and not planing to get one.

Now these look class, they are rechargeable batteries, work just like any other rechargeable batteries but with an added bonus! They have a USB slot on the side of them, meaning anything that you can charge off your USB port on your laptop / computer you can charge from these batteries, ie. mobile phones / ipod / camera's ect.

Designed by Haimo Bao, Hailong Piao, Yuancheng Liu & Xiameng Hu to be entered into the international forum design competition.

continuance.jpg

continuance3.jpg

continuance4.jpg

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Now that is brilliant .
    I want I want...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

www.openpandora.org/
    Have a look at this device for any of ye that haven't seen it yet. Could't be arsed at explaining it just check it out for yourselves.:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I really want a pair of these earphones (very pricey though, and maybe not a great idea for bringing through airports!)

sitig1_thumbnail.jpg&maxx=0&maxy=150

This projector looks pretty cool:

10284333-1288263762-263000.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

dooferoaks wrote: »

Looks like a terrific idea, David Brabben is a genius but whether he gets this off the ground, I am a bit dubious.
    This is off the ground it's a proper device that you can actually buy and I think orgional concept o the device was thought up of by Eben Upton I apologize if I'm mistaken. For more info go to RaspberryPi.org

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

^^
    post is over a year old before it was available to the public

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Not for everyone but I think this is rather cool!

0a5b_personal_soundtrack_shirt.jpg

Selected sound effects from a T-Shirt on queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Not launching until next March/April but the Ouya Android games console looks like it will be an excellent piece of kit.

The big thing for me is that it will have XBMC at launch so should make an excellent media streamer, I've already bought an MK802 for that purpose but that has been a big let down so far.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Don't know if this counts as a gadget, but i wish i had a spare $179,000.00 :D

LINK TO BUY

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Very handy to recover lost data....

http://www.paraben-sticks.com/irecovery-stick.html

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭kitnan

I found a REAL racing simulator...heres a video and their website....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndLxm-HTtrw

http://www.cxcsimulations.com/products/motion-pro/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I like this site stuffs cheap too

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/

Advertisement