Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fine Gael's Valentines Day site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Spread the love.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Just saw it on the politics forum

Creepy as f**k :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

Sweet with this site and this card, I'm guaranteed nookie tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Just shows you how out of touch they are with the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

TheZohan wrote: »

Almost all polliticans are, their ability to stay in touch with our reality is inversely proportional to their fat wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

what is this i don't even....

i honestly thought this was a piss take

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

TheZohan wrote: »

How does it show that?

I'm guessing it's just supposed to be a bit amusing. Not like they're saying "go to that page to see why you should vote for us!"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Some of the messages

If you really love me, you'll vote Fine Gael.

Don't be cupid, vote Fine Gael

Rose are red, violets are blue, the country is broken but Fine Gael will fix it for you.

Labour are red, Fine Gael are blue, we won't increase your taxes like they want to do.

All you need is Gov, vote Fine Gael

Fine Gael won't break you heart like Fianna Fail broke your bank balance.

Love is a very splendid thing.

Roses are red, Fine Gael is blue, vote for us and we'll love you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I wonder who they robbed stuff from this time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

:eek:

YOU'VE SEEN IT, YOU CANT UNSEE IT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Mark200 wrote: »
    How does it show that?

I'm guessing it's just supposed to be a bit amusing. Not like they're saying "go to that page to see why you should vote for us!"

It just looks like a way for Fine Gael to get a load of people's email addresses to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

If I had a vote and was in anyways contemplating giving it to FG shyte like this* would give me second thoughts
    (* not to mention Mortgage Bailouts and the fact that Michael Noonan and Leo Varadker are on their front bench.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I am embarrassed on their behalf.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

Fine Gael Stalker App tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I was between Labour and Fine Gael, but between Enda not being arsed to show up to the debate and now this.... seriously losing respect here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

I sent one...I filled in each section with the following:

I wonder who they robbed stuff from this time

Re the second link - when I Google image 'people', the background picture that comes up for me is actually based on the Dublin City Council Enterprise Board. Hardly a big deal if they took it from a DCC page... it's actually quite relevant.

http://www.dceb.ie/training-courses-&-modules
    It just looks like a way for Fine Gael to get a load of people's email addresses to me.

True, but I was replying to someone who claimed the page showed that Fine Gael are out of touch with reality. I still don't know how that is.

I sent one...I filled in each section with the following:

You're cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

You're cool

Thank you, with your validation I know feel ever so cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

That is one of the most retarded things I have ever seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Re the second link - when I Google image 'people', the background picture that comes up for me is actually based on the Dublin City Council Enterprise Board. Hardly a big deal if they took it from a DCC page... it's actually quite relevant.

Search for the raw image on Tineye.. unless Microsoft, the EU and countless others ripped the picture from DCC or FG, then I doubt it was sourced here in Ireland.

I'm not saying that any party members are responsible for infringing upon the right-holder of the image, but they're certainly responsible for not ensuring that it didn't happen. And tbh, it's nothing compared to their failure to realise that their web-dev team blatantly ripped off the BBC site a while back. Once is an oversight.. twice is ineptitude.

Search for the raw image on Tineye.. unless Microsoft, the EU and countless others ripped the picture from DCC or FG, then I doubt it was sourced here in Ireland.

I'm not saying that any party members are responsible for infringing upon the right-holder of the image, but they're certainly responsible for not ensuring that it didn't happen. And tbh, it's nothing compared to their failure to realise that their web-dev team blatantly ripped off the BBC site a while back. Once is an oversight.. twice is ineptitude.

If the image is all over the web then there's a good chance that it came from one of those subscription-based websites that allow you access to a huge selection of images that you have permission to use.

Just because it appears elsewhere doesn't mean anything.

People just look for a controversy everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

Ah jaysus. I'll take the abortionists over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Ah the characters eyes follow you mouse pointer around. You can make their eyes roll back in their heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Ah the characters eyes follow you mouse pointer around. You can make their eyes roll back in their heads.

Enda Kenny has the same effect on people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Fúcking odd.

Sweet Jesus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

Pretty pathetic TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,583 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

How does it show that?

Easy, and I'll type this slowly for you.

It shows that they care more about bloody gimmicks than putting forward decent policy that will get this country out of the hole that it's in.

You may be easily swayed by stuff like this or think that it's relevant but I certainly don't. What I do find relevant is the fact that the leader of Fine Gale was too afraid of going on a public debate.

Advertisement