Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is all the money spent up in Dublin?

• 11-02-2011 1:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

All the money in transport seems to go up to Dublin with the airport, the metro and all that and then theres nothing left for the rest of the country. Sure we do be shocking scared of driving down the backroads with some of the potholes, and its the same with the neighbours their also terrified of them. So whats with all the vanity projects up their in Dublin and yet the rest of the country doesnt even have descent roads to get around? The other 21 people in my parish would agree with me when I say its just not on in a democratic society.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭Oasis_Dublin

I was completely unaware of this. The only reasonable thing to do is to prevent money being spent on the ayran Dubs and to spend it on your town/farmland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Im living in Cork City and I think the opposite, Dublin should have the Inter-connector and Metro built as soon as possible, Dublin suffers from a lack of proper planning especially outside the city council area, But why shouldn't Dublin get as you think more than the rest of the country DUH!! Look how many people live there...

this thread should really be on AfterHours as Its gonna descend into a farce fairly soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,846 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Worst trolling attempt ever. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Gratzi22

Can you not throw a couple of dead sheep in those potholes every once in a while?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭runway16

Yes, you are completely right. ALL the MONEY is spent in Dublin. Not a single cent is spent outside Dublin.

The M1, M3, M4, M6, M7, M8, M9, M18, M20, Limerick Tunnel, Waterford Bypass, Jack Lynch tunnell, Cork southern Ring road, M17, Western Rail corridor, Galway outer ring road, the entire atlantic corridor etc etc are all located entirely in the Dublin area, serve only Dublin People, and its all paid for by taxes taken exclusively from people outside Dublin.

Im not being sarcastic... honest......:rolleyes:

Genuinly, you have to be trolling. You just have to be. anyone who knows anything about recent infrastructural investment in this country, or indeed about the population profile of the country, or indeed about the geographical spread of Ireland's tax take, woudl never come out with such uninformed pub talk bull****.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

You need to improve your trolling skills, OP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement