Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eddie Garry Car Sales

• 10-02-2011 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

Has he finished up? I dont see any signage for it anymore or maybe im gone blind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

That garage not gone a few years? isnt the premises a tyre place now and Suburu is in the Sweep in Kilmeaden?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

STIG83 wrote: »
    That garage not gone a few years? isnt the premises a tyre place now and Suburu is in the Sweep in Kilmeaden?

Spot on, gone over a year now I think. Did see some cars for sale outside the tyre place this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I was right so!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Went wallop a while back. Then re-opened as the tyre place, selling a few cars aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

On the ball lads!

Someone had said to me as well to go out to him to get new tyres but sure I couldnt admit I wasn't able to find the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I see he back advertising is he reputable

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

I see he back advertising is he reputable

Not for me.

I could not/would not recommend

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

greenspurs wrote: »
    Not for me.

I could not/would not recommend

Second that and I'm sure a lot more would say the same

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Thank you

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

He has a 6 year old A6 3.0 TDI avant UK reg for 21k. Is it just me or is that mad money??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Get a good history check and a good mechanic check on anything before handing over cash. Good rule for any car purchase but specifically if dealing with people of questionable reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 The Real KCG

What kind of examples of dodgey stuff are we talking here?
    Are the cars not reliable, or is the dealer not reliable?
    It's only because I see a car I'm interested in there at the moment.

Any knowledge appreciated here folks.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

What kind of examples of dodgey stuff are we talking here?
    Are the cars not reliable, or is the dealer not reliable?
    It's only because I see a car I'm interested in there at the moment.

Any knowledge appreciated here folks.
    Thanks

Don’t want to go into it but from past experience I would be very weary buying a second hand car of him. The dealers along the Cork Road are all around for decades, they have lasted that long for a reason. Eddie Garry Car Sales has gone bust and moved and reopened in various formats. That tells a story in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 corollake35

I bought a car from him a few years ago in Bilberry.
    There was an ABS light on the dash when I bought it, but I needed a car and took it.
    He said to drop back and he'd fix it.
    I did that, and he put in a new sensor as he said he would.
    I had no problem with the sale.
    He kept his word.
    Others may have different stories, but that's mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭dzilla

We bought second hand Subaru from him long time ago. Car was fine. He was fine. No complaints.

Bring a mechanic with you or a person good with cars if you are not good with what's under the hood. Get the history check from cartell. If there's no red flags you should be golden.

BBM77 wrote: »
    Don’t want to go into it but from past experience I would be very weary buying a second hand car of him. The dealers along the Cork Road are all around for decades, they have lasted that long for a reason. Eddie Garry Car Sales has gone bust and moved and reopened in various formats. That tells a story in itself.

Appreciate the feedback and heads up, thats fairly concerning alright.
    It won't stop me looking at the car, as it seems like a good deal, but I'm definitely going in forewarned anyway.
    Anything I would potentially buy would be independently checked by another garage after a car check report was got as well.

Thanks again ðŸ‘ðŸ»

dzilla wrote: »
    We bought second hand Subaru from him long time ago. Car was fine. He was fine. No complaints.

Bring a mechanic with you or a person good with cars if you are not good with what's under the hood. Get the history check from cartell. If there's no red flags you should be golden.

I will bring someone with me as a second opinion, they know their stuff, as regards matching engine numbers and checking for oil leaks etc down around the back of the engine.
    Car tell / car check report is a given yeah regardless of buying from a garage or private imo.

Thanks for the reply, it's appreciated!

I bought a car from him a few years ago in Bilberry.
    There was an ABS light on the dash when I bought it, but I needed a car and took it.
    He said to drop back and he'd fix it.
    I did that, and he put in a new sensor as he said he would.
    I had no problem with the sale.
    He kept his word.
    Others may have different stories, but that's mine.

Sound thanks for the reply, yeah I can see there's a bit of a mixed bag in the comments.
    I suppose when it comes to used car sales unless the consistency is there, the reputation can go pretty quickly.
    Thanks again, the feedback is very much appreciated.

Advertisement