Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teaching in Australia

Options
  • 22-01-2011 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I was wondering does anyone know anything about teaching in Australia if you have an Irish teaching degree. Its the Science education degree from D.C.U. but any info on their requirements etc would be much appreciated. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sabscababs

Hey,

I'm sure you've done extensive Google searching already, but in case you didn't come across this, it might help you a bit.

http://www.teachoverseas.info/oz/Findajob.html

I've been trying to figure out the Aussie process too, but I guess getting recognition of your qualifications is a step in the right direction. Schools are probably well aware of foreign qualifications anyway.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds1

Anyone on here teaching over there? Looking for info for a colleague.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Bump

Am in a similar position here. Been teaching here for 7 years now but the girlfriend is a psychiatric nurse and will walk into a highly paid job in Oz and we are both getting itchy feet. I have no idea about how I get in to teaching in Australia. Have been told there is not much of a demand though :(

Bump

Am in a similar position here. Been teaching here for 7 years now but the girlfriend is a psychiatric nurse and will walk into a highly paid job in Oz and we are both getting itchy feet. I have no idea about how I get in to teaching in Australia. Have been told there is not much of a demand though :(

What do you mean by highly paid?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Lmce24

I was over there and applied to register but didn't bother in the end. Have a good bit of info though from WACOT (Western Oz Teaching Council) so PM me if ye want any of this info!!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sparklyEyes111

Lmce24 wrote: »
    I was over there and applied to register but didn't bother in the end. Have a good bit of info though from WACOT (Western Oz Teaching Council) so PM me if ye want any of this info!!
    :D

Just wondering, did you find there was a lack of teaching work available over there. . is that why you didn't bother registering?? Or just other things came up, such as you got a full time job as something else?? Sorry for all the questins, but I should be heading over myself soon, leaving a permanent teaching job to go over for a little while for a change of scene. . it's a scary situation. I just keep hearing different points of view about teaching over there!! I hear it's great but the work is lacking in parts. . that's what worries me!!!

Advertisement