Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Denmark-Germany link?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭bg07

Zebra3 wrote: »

I went on a train from Copenhagen to Hamburg recently and very surprised when they physically drove the train onto a ferry. I wasn't expecting on announcement about life jackets on a train. As you expect in that part of the world the whole operation was seamless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

They've been doing that a long time.

It's fantastic. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

http://www.spiegel.de/international/europe/0,1518,743151,00.html#ref=rss

I see some of the locals aren't happy as travellers won't have to stop in the towns along the coast on the way between Hamburg to Copenhagen. That sort of attitude sounds strangely familiar doesn't it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Der Spiegel:
    What's indisputable is that the rail connection between Lübeck and Puttgarden could stand to move into the 21st century. The single-track line meanders through villages and cow meadows, takes one hour and is mainly serviced by rather scruffy trains.
    Germany has a WRC? Who knew?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭dubhthach

dowlingm wrote: »
    Der Spiegel:Germany has a WRC? Who knew?

I think what would be regarded to "WRC" in Germany is probably equivalent to mainline here (Dublin - Galway for example?) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭dynamick

dub-galway is about 80km/h
    luebeck-puttgarden is about 92km/h

wrc is about 51km/h

(average speeds)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Sure Dublin-Galway isn't 80 MPH? That's my understanding, at least for some of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Cool Mo D

Dub - Galway is actually 80 mph, not km/h, as you will see if you have a GPS with you on the route. It's 100mph Portarlington to Dublin. It's mainly slow due to infuriatingly long stops at stations, and drawn out waits for crossing trains on single track lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

dowlingm wrote: »
    Der Spiegel:Germany has a WRC? Who knew?

I've travelled that route and I think it's safe to assume it's nothing like the WRC. :)

The bit about villages seems odd because at the end of the day it's part of the Hamburg-Copenhagen route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭dynamick

Average speeds not peak

• Advertisement
Advertisement