Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Other Sports" Thread

• 28-01-2011 7:09pm
    Moderators Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭

This thread will be used for all other sports that aren't covered by their own one.

The NBA thread is here, whilst the Football thread is here.

There's also a Horse/Greyhound Racing section for anyone wanting to post there, it's located here.

So pretty much every other sport comes in here until we think of something better. NFL, Cricket, Tennis, etc etc, all goes in here.

Same rules as everywhere else.

No bitching, no after-timing, no snide digs at people and so on.

G'luck folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

in on this potentially epic and profitable thread

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Should be an interesting game in the A international in the rugby tonight. It's in Scotland and they're on decent form with some big names in the side. But I quite like the look of the Irish team and if we can match them up front, our backs should have plenty to cause them problems. It's 6/5 for an Irish win and it's a price I'm willing to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Should be a good game in the international table tennis tonight.
    Kim Young Wong 1/2 favourite,I fancy the Dutch fella though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Should be a good game in the international table tennis tonight.
    Kim Young Wong 1/2 favourite,I fancy the Dutch fella though.

I did'nt know your a shirt lifter greetings :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

robbie1977 wrote: »

i have to say that was a poor one robbie and you should take it back..:p

on a side issue, tonight Ding Junhui is playing a bit of snooker,different style,there against the clock,will be interesting to see,its a worry that the new rules tonight could play advantage to the under dogs but hes just too good of value at 4/6..im on anyway..

heres a quality link to the games tonight if interested.
    http://embed.zonein.tv/plkgftdhgfhydfyhayer.php?id=131871&w=900&h=700

• Advertisement

Haha I didn't mean it like that :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Bumsex wrote: »
    i have to say that was a poor one robbie and you should take it back..:p

So says 'Bumsex'! :pac:

Have to say, I'm looking hard at Clijsters to win 2-0 tonight. Available at just under evens. Li Na had a good game against Woz, great spirit to come back in that game from a set down, but Clijsters is another matter. She won't break mentally, and if Li makes near the same amount of mistakes as she did in the semi, Kim should do it in two sets.

Looks like this thread died a death fairly quickly. :(
    On the off-chance that anyone is going to use this thread, I'll just throw this out there.
    Who fancies Murray in the Aussie Open? I can't see past Nole myself, but the odds are a little stingy at 4/6 for a single.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

Can't see murray winning, potential lump on novak? Or a double with big zeb in punchestown 2moro perhaps..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

only1stevo wrote: »
    Can't see murray winning, potential lump on novak? Or a double with big zeb in punchestown 2moro perhaps..

im already on it along with a bb game,,looks nice,big return,but anythings possible.

• Advertisement

Im thinking of going big on over 40.5 games at 10/11 in the Murray game.

I cant see it being 3-0 to either player and hopefully 1 set goes 7-6 so a 3 sets to 1 to either player should win the bet or a 3-2 either gauranting it.

Im thinking of going big on over 40.5 games at 10/11 in the Murray game.

I cant see it being 3-0 to either player and hopefully 1 set goes 7-6 so a 3 sets to 1 to either player should win the bet or a 3-2 either gauranting it.

Becker reckons that Murray is fitter than Nole and will try to string out the rallies. If that then goes to five sets, it could be a very long match indeed.
    To be honest, I reckon Murray has a bit of a glass jaw. He could be surprised at Djokovic's form. But they're very similar styles of players. I just think Nole has the edge. I wouldn't rule out a 3-0, though personally I think 3-1 is more likely.
    For the game to go to 41 points or more, you're looking at four long sets minimum or five average ones. It would only take one set to be blasted through quickly to blow the bet. But if Murray can match Djokovic, then it could well be a good runner.

Becker reckons that Murray is fitter than Nole and will try to string out the rallies. If that then goes to five sets, it could be a very long match indeed.
    To be honest, I reckon Murray has a bit of a glass jaw. He could be surprised at Djokovic's form. But they're very similar styles of players. I just think Nole has the edge. I wouldn't rule out a 3-0, though personally I think 3-1 is more likely.
    For the game to go to 41 points or more, you're looking at four long sets minimum or five average ones. It would only take one set to be blasted through quickly to blow the bet. But if Murray can match Djokovic, then it could well be a good runner.

Yea your 100% right about a 6-1 or 6-2 set fooking up the bet .

l dont realy fancy Murray will win it but l cant see him lying down without a fight .(I know fook all about tennis tho and looking at the results so far anything can happen)

Im just after seeing Stan james are going over 38.5 and bet365 are over 39.5 both at 8/11 so my pp over 40.5 at 10/11 maybe isnt as appealing now.

Yea your 100% right about a 6-1 or 6-2 set fooking up the bet .

l dont realy fancy Murray will win it but l cant see him lying down without a fight .(I know fook all about tennis tho and looking at the results so far anything can happen)

Im just after seeing Stan james are going over 38.5 and bet365 are over 39.5 both at 8/11 so my pp over 40.5 at 10/11 maybe isnt as appealing now.

It's a bet I never do because of the possibility of someone blasting through a set, not in any tennis game.
    I prefer set betting. You can see how the first set goes, then assess the likelihood of someone doing straight sets and get good odds when the match is obviously heading in one direction. This works better in women's and doubles matches, though, where there's only 2 sets to win. I won't be betting on sets tomorrow, though I think it will be Djokovic 3-1 or 3-2.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭CriticEyes

Ok gonna do this quick. Don't know much about NFL. PP in play. American football.

AFC 0 - NFC 35. PP offering NFC -24. Seems good to me. PP are offering it. Only 2nd Qtr. good luck

42-0 now. I have them -24 and -25. Let me know if i need to post a screenshot. Not sure if anyone even watches this.

Can still get -28 and they are 42 down. thats 2 TD's and still be a push. Am i getting something wrong here.??

What an awful bet. Last time i bet on something i don'i know much about. Raging anyway. 42-28 now. My bets are fooked. How do the bookies always know. Unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭RichieD

CriticEyes wrote: »
    What an awful bet. Last time i bet on something i don'i know much about. Raging anyway. 42-28 now. My bets are fooked. How do the bookies always know. Unreal

Its the fookin pro-bowl man, its barely a competitive game.

Defenses cant blitz or play anything but a base 4-3 defense.

RichieD wrote: »
    Its the fookin pro-bowl man, its barely a competitive game.

Defenses cant blitz or play anything but a base 4-3 defense.

yep! I know that now. Was told to leave it before it started. But the lads were gonna be 42-0 up and PP were offering -24 and -25 seemed good at the time. Wish i didn't touch it now............

Big gamble gone on the clongowes pres bray leinster senior cup game tomro, clongowes were -12 earlier and are now -18, got in at -16, it's a serious error by pp in my eyes, should be a lot bigger..

only1stevo wrote: »
    Big gamble gone on the clongowes pres bray leinster senior cup game tomro, clongowes were -12 earlier and are now -18, got in at -16, it's a serious error by pp in my eyes, should be a lot bigger..

any reasoning for this? worth going in on @ -18? hardly? Worth going in at +18 seeing as the handicap has shifted so much or is there a good reason for it? :D

• Advertisement

Yes, I woke up today shocked to see they were minus 12 and by the time i had a chance to back them they were minus 16. They are favorites for the competition, pres bray don't feature in the outright betting. Lots of the same players from last year are on the team, who hammered michaels in the final, including the whole back row.
    minus 12 was the free-est of money in my eyes, -18 is still very good value all things considered too.

20-0 up at half time, finished 25-0 so happy days.

• Moderators Posts: 8,701 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Well done Stevo.

This thread has taken off well... :pac:

x PyRo wrote: »
    Well done Stevo.

This thread has taken off well... :pac:

sure no point in postin up just pure ****e!! should be more posts when the six nations gets into full swing

It's quality not quantity Pyro...

What do ye fancy for the rugby lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

I'm going to wait and see how the games are going and bet in running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I fancy France, England and Ireland to cover the spreads.
    Wales are missing some key players in the pack and England are looking strong atm, -3 is a decent spread, imo.
    Ireland should have enough to dominate Italy, who are set to be whipping boys again.
    France's pack is very good, I'm guessing pure domination, tbh.

I'll probably have a look at the live betting as well, though.

baz2009 wrote: »
    I fancy France, England and Ireland to cover the spreads.
    Wales are missing some key players in the pack and England are looking strong atm, -3 is a decent spread, imo.
    Ireland should have enough to dominate Italy, who are set to be whipping boys again.
    France's pack is very good, I'm guessing pure domination, tbh.

I'll probably have a look at the live betting as well, though.

i agree with this but don't think i'll be having any bets in the first weekend though, i'd rather wait for next weekend or live betting like you said

• Advertisement

Have been researching this all week and it's still quite tight to call. Have to fancy England tonight but they haven't won in Cardiff in a long time and Wales are always capable of raising their game although I think they'll lose this in the scrum. I'll see what the line is for the French game tomorrow and will probably end up backing Scotland on the handicap. In regards to the Irish game, it's the hardest to call I think and will probably lean towards backing us on the handicap for a couple of reasons.

Advertisement