Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

pokemon cards

Options
  • 08-01-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

does anyone know where i can get pokemon cards for a cheap price
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Tesco usually have them in the toy aisle. They do a pack with 3 boosters, a specific card and a coin for €7.99 which is good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tombomb96

could i buy them in forbidden planet

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I know they have the champion decks there which you can't use for official card games, but I'm not sure if they do others. Gamers world beside jervis street also does them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I know they have the champion decks there which you can't use for official card games, but I'm not sure if they do others. Gamers world beside jervis street also does them.

Do they have much variety in Gamers world? Will pop in when i'm down next weekend.

I Get the tesco blister packs quite a lot :) They're pretty good value, works out at like 2.60 a pack. The only thing is they don't put out the new set until the other one is empty..... I was so sick of hs undaunted :rolleyes: I basically have a tin full of combee's and oddishisesss'ss :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

My local Tesco has the Triumphant set out. Free Porygon or Porygon 2 in every pack :)

Smyths do the pre-assembled Triumphant decks and Toymaster in Town (near Jervis street) had a number of different packs. Can't says they're cheap though, didn't bother checking the prices...

• Advertisement

i bought a starter pack in smyths for about 8 euro

tombomb96 wrote: »
    i bought a starter pack in smyths for about 8 euro

Cool, i'm going to pick up a couple as it is actually now a problem getting energy cards. :rolleyes:

Did blister packs go up to 10 euro in anybody elses tesco? :(

Last time I was in was at the weekend, got the blister pack for 7.99.
    Top half of Darkrai and Something Else - score :)

Banjo wrote: »
    Last time I was in was at the weekend, got the blister pack for 7.99.
    Top half of Darkrai and Something Else - score :)

I got the top half of darkrai aswell :) and a shaymin lv x in the platinum pack. I just heard they were a tenner. I'll check at lunch, hope it's not :(

• Advertisement

Yeah 10 for the blister packs and 15 for the tins now :(

Anybody elses tesco started selling HS starter decks for 3.99?

Anybody elses tesco started selling HS starter decks for 3.99?

*runs to tesco

*runs to tesco

Any luck?

Any luck?

Oh I'm in work at the Moment but will check later!

they're 7.99 in mine, the Triumphant decks I think. Tins are now the Entei / Suicune / other one instead of Feraligater and friends...

Strange. In mine it's the 3 HS base decks for 3.99 and then the old tins.

I also got a couple of supreme victors starter decks in smyths in dublin for 2.99 each, don't know if there's any left though.

The new set that's coming out on wednesday looks rubbish, But i'll definately try and get those black and white tins that are coming out in march.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

I work in a tesco in waterford and we dont have any cards for 2.99. Still have diamond and pearl here

now does anyone know where to buy card covers:confused:

now does anyone know where to buy card covers:confused:

I bought deck sleeves online, and when i ordered they sent a couple of hundred the little plastic clear ones. I'v been meaning to get toploaders aswell for trading in the post.

But no, i'v never seen them in shops :(

• Advertisement

what website was it

what website was it

Here, http://www.thecardcellar.co.uk/

Has anybody tried the new online tcg game thing? You have to have an account on pokemon.com, and it's stilll in beta but i had a couple of games and the engine was good and they were actual card scans!

When it's completely finished i think your able to play against people online and your able to customise your deck; http://www.pokemontcg.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Here, http://www.thecardcellar.co.uk/

Has anybody tried the new online tcg game thing? You have to have an account on pokemon.com, and it's stilll in beta but i had a couple of games and the engine was good and they were actual card scans!

When it's completely finished i think your able to play against people online and your able to customise your deck; http://www.pokemontcg.com/

Just did there...its awesome! Would it epic when it's finished! :D Havent played...or bought any TCG cards in 6/7 years :L

Would absolutely kill for a 3DS TCG though...the gameboy one was epicness!

Just did there...its awesome! Would it epic when it's finished! :D Havent played...or bought any TCG cards in 6/7 years :L

Would absolutely kill for a 3DS TCG though...the gameboy one was epicness!

Wasn't it? I had to dig it out when i wanted to learn to play again. But yeah, i was pleasantly suprised at how good that online game was, i was also very pleasantly suprised that it wasn't really easy :) I left it on difficult and lost a couple of games. Yay? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

It sucks that the second one was never released outside Japan

Is cardcellar the one most here would use for buying cards or is there alternatives? :)

Also it lists the on sale date for the black/white boosters as april 26th...while pokemontcg.com lists the decks (with the online redeemable codes) as this wednesday?

Are the dates usually different for us/uk or just cardcellar getting them in later?

Is cardcellar the one most here would use for buying cards or is there alternatives? :)

Also it lists the on sale date for the black/white boosters as april 26th...while pokemontcg.com lists the decks (with the online redeemable codes) as this wednesday?

Are the dates usually different for us/uk or just cardcellar getting them in later?

I'v had a look around, but couldn't really find much better. (I didn't look too hard in fairness now) So yeah Cardcellar's probably the best, or ebay.

I think the starter decks for Black and white are coming out like 3 weeks before the booster packs and tins and stuff, that's why it might be different.

Edit Yeah i just checked, the cardcellar are posting out the starter decks on the 6th of April and everything else on either the 2nd of may or the 25th of April.

I'v had a look around, but couldn't really find much better. (I didn't look too hard in fairness now) So yeah Cardcellar's probably the best, or ebay.

I think the starter decks for Black and white are coming out like 3 weeks before the booster packs and tins and stuff, that's why it might be different.

Edit Yeah i just checked, the cardcellar are posting out the starter decks on the 6th of April and everything else on either the 2nd of may or the 25th of April.

Thank you!

Guess i'm getting back into this card collecting business........last time was Skypolis i think....:pac:

edit: or even Skyridge/Aquapolis....:L

There shipping is unpredictable though, i never pay more than £3.50, but sometimes you add on like 1 pack and it jumps to £9 :confused:

• Advertisement

Thank you!

Guess i'm getting back into this card collecting business........last time was Skypolis i think....:pac:

That's cool, i don't really collect them but i try and play a bit, so i get some everytime a new set comes out.

Wow Skypolis was the biggest set ever wasn't it? No wonder it put you off :rolleyes:

Advertisement