Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Repeats of Old Soaps

• 04-06-2008 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

I know RTE 1 repeats Dallas a few times and now Desperate Housewives (yes i consider this a soap opera) but i like to see some of the other soap operas repeated maybe Knots Landing, Another World, Sunset Beach, Home and Away and Santa Barbara.

Anyone else wanna see other repeats

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Yes i loved knots landing much better than dallas,and santa barbara so bad its good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭gazzer

RTE1 are showing Falcon Crest (my favourite of the 80's soaps) every weekday morning at around 7.30am. Though for some bizzare reason they showed the final episode of Season 4 on Bank Holiday Monday and then yesterday morning they showed the first episode of Season 4 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

I'd love to see Home and Away from the start. It's weird to think how many of them are famous now, or at least making proper Hollywood movies.

It would be great to watch Ailsa's breakdown again, with Bobbie's strange face bubbling up out of the fridge door. Or Tug puncturing Alf's waterbed. Golden moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭Saint_Mel

Bring back Tolka Row and The Riordans!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Id love to see Take the high road again that was good:D

• Advertisement

Saint_Mel wrote: »
    Bring back Tolka Row and The Riordans!

That would be so cool. I'd love to see if the Riordans was as good as I remember it.

Did you see Mary Riordan in Headrush a couple of nights ago? Tom Hickey was in it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭IanCurtis

I'd love to see the whole Jordache thing in Brookside again for two reasons

1. It was a class storyline
    2. Anna Friel is a ride

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

I'd love to see Glenroe again for the craic. Miley's roll in the hay with Fidelma anyone?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

I'd love to lick out Michelle from Glenroe.

From behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭mateo

Glenroe, hell yeh!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭dee8839

We were just saying this last night. Apparently Living TV used to show Home and Away from the beginning back circa 1999 and then all of a sudden, they skipped a few years by showing one episode of "Since we last left them, this this and this happened" sort of thing. Then they rejoined the soap about 4 years on. Soon after, they stopped airing it altogether. I was told this by a friend, so I stand to be corrected on any or all details there! My point is, why the hell won't some other useless Sky channel start airing H&A from the beginning again?! I'm leaning towards Sky Three or maybe BBC4. I can remember back as far as when Bobbie fancied wotzisname that ended up being Sam's father, and Don was trying to stop her seeing him. What year was that I wonder...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dogsbody2

Anyone remember the name of the dog in The Riordans?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

I would love to see Knots Landing and Glenroe shown again

I just noticed that play.com are selling box sets of Dallas. The first two seasons are available as one set for 11.49 euro, including delivery. They're pretty cheap on Amazon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Sons and Daughters and Prisoner Cell block H.
    Thought The Sullivans was very good too.

Thought The Sullivans was very good too.

Yes, I really liked the Sullivans. I had forgotten that even existed.

I remember watching it when I was very young and thought it was the best thing ever.
    Mind you the fact that Tom was over 6 foot and gorgeous probably had a lot to do with it.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I love to see TV3 show Sunset Beach again

A Country Practice and All Saints (two great Aussie soaps i'd like to see from the beginning again)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

The Sullivans was the best soap ever. Would love to watch it again.

Spent the last 18 months or so watching the first three years of A Country Practice. 1981 to 1983. DVD sets from Australia. Comprised 190 episodes - all 50 minutes each. When it was shown over here [started in September 1985] episodes were 25 minutes each [i.e. shown over two days]

Since then 1984 and 1985 boxes have been released but I've didn't get them. It was at its best in those early years. Once Molly left [halfway through 1985] it went to hell.

• Advertisement

A country Practice was brilliant , great soap.
    Australia certainly know how to put a good soap together.

Falcon Crest is starting soon on Zone Romantica Channel 149 Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

marti101 wrote: »
    Yes i loved knots landing much better than dallas,and santa barbara so bad its good

RTE 1 are showing Knots Landing from the start now late nights on Sunday started last night

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RTE 1 are showing Knots Landing from the start now late nights on Sunday started last night

I used to love this. It ran for quite a while didn't it? Remember in the later years mad Jill Bennet faked her death and framed Gary?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Would love to see Glenroe again. It's always baffled me why it was never repeated and/or released in box sets. RTE would make money from that for sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭pooch90

Prisoner Cell block H.

I would love to see this again. watched as a 10 year old with my mam. I felt so grown up because it seemed so risqué/hardcore. Would be interesting to see if it's still so hard hitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭d1975

Would love to see E-Street was on Sky in the 90s, it had stars from Home and away and Neighbours in it, when Cablelink took sky off it I miss alot shows managed to see the last series when SKy came back.

Anyone remember it?

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭shoes34

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

do you know what time, I looked on my sky tv listings for next Sunday and couldn't see it. would love to see it again, only saw some episodes as it was on when i got in from school and we weren't meant to watch it!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

shoes34 wrote: »
    do you know what time, I looked on my sky tv listings for next Sunday and couldn't see it. would love to see it again, only saw some episodes as it was on when i got in from school and we weren't meant to watch it!

I think around 3 or 4 in the morning for Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Eldorado.........all 158 episodes :D

Must be due a re-run on Gold soon :)

Advertisement