Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is with me

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Overheal wrote: »
    it was honestly the stupidest line ever, and would only still belong in there because they reference it again on the 100th episode and the season 8 finale. Other than that it was such an awkward line and really not one that fir her character that much at all.

You're missing out if you didn't finish it. Teal'c doesn't sound like a girl anymore: he re-did all of his lines using the macho voice he learned for himself after the first couple seasons.
    meh, i really liked it the way it was when i first saw it on sky one all those years ago, it got me into the showm so why would i wanna taint that, i thought it only got a touch up, was the only reason i watched as much as i did,

that would seem weird having teal'c with hes season 4 voice in COTG then having his regular voice in the next episode,

what purpose did it serve, other than to cash in, this is stargate not blade runner,

• Registered Users Posts: 81,626 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Shush! I liked it. So what if you can't appreciate it. :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what she say?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

blocked in my country :(

• Advertisement

you're better off.

I remeember the scene from that image on the video, just not the words, damn you memory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

I do it regularly. I watch most of the episodes from each season.

Currently in the process of acquiring all the seasons of sg1.
    Ive got seasons 3 to 8.

and all of the seasons of atlantis.

just got to where somebody dies in it and I got all emotional, fu writers! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

just got to where somebody dies in it and I got all emotional, fu writers! :mad:
    heroes i presume, where
    doc frasier
    dies,

great episode came out of nowhere,

your making your way through it nicely, you should be starting atlantis soon so :)

• Advertisement

no sorry, i actually mean in atlantis, im on season three of that. I did atlantis before sg1 because I had it first!

4th series done, in a month

/collapse

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Think I might be starting to do the same here! Hadn't actually watched much stargate before SGU apart from random eps on sky. Started with the original movie there 2 weeks ago and just finished season 1 of SG-1! On to season 2 tomorrow!

On Season 1, thought it was very bad timing have an ep about them getting copied into robots and then an ep with an alt universe right after (That one of course was story relevant). Too similar or perhaps too similarly out there in such a short space of time. Kind of annoying that they rarely reference past episodes too.. Like never again mentioning the clones of themselves.. completely forgetting about that other gate etc..

I shall soon be joining you on sg1, jsut on season 5 of atlantis now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm nearing the end of season 6 of SG-1. It's getting near LOST levels of watching where I was doing four eps a night some nights. 3 of SG1 last night. It's like you just can't stop watching, you know should should but it's too good not to continue :( The humour in it is just done so well :D

It's soooo hard to stop, love the humour in these shows. just one more just one more

Just watched 6 eps of SG-1 Season 2! Didnt realise how many I had gone through until I checked! Really is kind of addictive, I have plenty of productive things to be doing and all :p

Kind of strange Im so absorbed in this at the moment I just keep thinking of humans as being very primitave and behind the times when I read the real life articles discussing life on other planets :p

wouldnt mind a bit of atlantis tech now myself /puts self in replicator body

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

wouldnt mind a bit of atlantis tech now myself /puts self in replicator body
    me thinks you'd prefer avril in one of those bodies....imagine loads of them :D

oh jesus christ mm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

EnterNow wrote: »
    I'm nearing the end of season 6 of SG-1. It's getting near LOST levels of watching where I was doing four eps a night some nights. 3 of SG1 last night. It's like you just can't stop watching, you know should should but it's too good not to continue :( The humour in it is just done so well :D

I think it's the ability to hit "play all", that button is pure evil.

I think it's the ability to hit "play all", that button is pure evil.

You think that's bad? Try having the entire season available on your HTPC. There's literally no excuse to stop, normally I'd blame lazyness with having to change discs etc, but that's a thing of the past.

It's like this:

Next. Next. Next. Next. Next etc etc :pac:

universe just doesnt have the humour of sg1 and atlantis. Ronan just said 'this better not be a hive ship from another reality' and i pissed myself, ah the subtle humour in there is so good.

all of atlantis watched, raging there is no more :(

Im in the middle of the first ep of sg1

On to Season 3 of SG-1 here! Hard to stop when they are all on a file server! Some really good humour in these, loved the ep where O Neill and Teal'c switched bodies! Very well done.

I am beginning to see the stupidity of having a show called Stargate Universe where they don't actually use the stargate :p

Still like SGU though, but it is a very different show.

Redisle wrote: »
    Hard to stop when they are all on a file server!

Hard? It's nigh on impossible :( Somebody help me :D

2nimi3q.jpg

kd7nu1.jpg

2ihmfz5.jpg

finished season 1 of sg1 now, although skipped a few ****ter ones

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Same as. I honestly don't know how people live without a file server and HTPC these days.
    finished season 1 of sg1 now, although skipped a few ****ter ones

Season 1??? Sure I'm over half way through season 3 at this stage and I started way after you.

I watched all 5 seasons of atlantis and season 1 of sg1 now :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

You think that's bad? Try having the entire season available on your HTPC. There's literally no excuse to stop, normally I'd blame lazyness with having to change discs etc, but that's a thing of the past.

It's like this:

Next. Next. Next. Next. Next etc etc :pac:

Eventually I will get around to storing my DVD collection (all 600 odd discs or so) onto some form of storage but for now I'll stick with manual input/output :p

Like you though I think temptation would lead to continual play :o

Advertisement