Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need a visitors opinions!!!!

• 28-12-2010 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

im currently on the stage of updating my website (painting services), need ur opinion on what do u like and what u don't like about my website. also if u were looking for painter what info u want to find on website. please visit www.byrybak.com and let me know what u think.

Ps. im not trying to advertise here only looking for opinions!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Usersname

http://www.byrybak.com/galeria,zdjecie,Period-House,21.html

I found a typo. To the left of the photo on this page it says "oryginal size"

I'm not advertising either, but if you could just visit this page and tell me what you think.... http://www.partypoker.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭byrybak

im not in to poker sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Usersname

byrybak wrote: »
    i not in to poker sorry.

:eek:

Usersname wrote: »
    http://www.byrybak.com/galeria,zdjecie,Period-House,21.html

I found a typo. To the left of the photo on this page it says "oryginal size"

I'm not advertising either, but if you could just visit this page and tell me what you think.... http://www.partypoker.com/

typo in "oryginal size" fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

if u were looking for painter what info u want to find on website.

Price. I know every job is different, but I would like to see some idea of prices such as your hourly or daily rate and an estimation of how many days/ hours it is likely to take to paint a stanndard room.

• Advertisement

Price. I know every job is different, but I would like to see some idea of prices such as your hourly or daily rate and an estimation of how many days/ hours it is likely to take to paint a stanndard room.

good idea, i was thinking about it alright but as u said every job is different.
    i could always put basic price just for painting without prep work?!?
    one more think- esimates are free of charge so it doesn't cost customer anything to get the price.

thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Painting is one of the easiest and most economical ways to enhance your home's beauty

There shouldn't be an apostrophe on homes - although it's the possessive, it's not in the context of a personal pronoun, nor it is in a time or money context.

Sorry to be pedantic.

Painting is one of the easiest and most economical ways to enhance your home's beauty

There shouldn't be an apostrophe on homes - although it's the possessive, it's not in the context of a personal pronoun, nor it is in a time or money context.

Sorry to be pedantic.

good man, will change that soon.
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

good idea, i was thinking about it alright but as u said every job is different.
    i could always put basic price just for painting without prep work?!?
    one more think- esimates are free of charge so it doesn't cost customer anything to get the price.

thanks for reply

No problem. I think when you are browsing a website for a painter or something, you just want some idea of price. Obviously, you can get a quote and it will be more accurate, but most people won't be used to getting painters so they are just looking for a guideline.

Just make it clear that a free quote is available and required for a firm price and every job is different so some may be cheaper or more expensive than the guidelines. I had a look at the sanding company that you have linked to and their guideline pricing is good because it gives you an immediate rough estimate of how much something may cost without having to get someone out to quote.

Best of luck with it. :)

Sorry to be pedantic.

apostrophe removed, thanks DublinWriter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MOVED -> Not interior and Design thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LostCovey

Sorry to be pedantic.

Hi DublinWriter,

I think the original is correct actually - same as the car's engine, the bicycle's wheel. The alternative is "cars engine", "bicycles wheel", which definitely looks totally wrong to me. I really wish I could quote a higher authority than wikipedia, but here goes

General principles for the possessive apostrophe

Basic rule (singular nouns) For most singular nouns the ending 's is added; e.g., the cat's whiskers.

LostCovey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Header graphic is too big.

Don't use pop-ups in the gallery. Use bigger photos to show detail better.

Your email address would look better as info@byrybak.com.

The ad banner isn't well designed. Key info doesn't stand out.

Not sure about the videos. If I want to hire you, I not very interested in how it's done.

Some of the URLs e.g. info.php?id=1 should be more descriptive. Other page names would be better in english because of your market.

Testimonials would be a good idea.

Text on homepage is weak and poorly laid out. It should be more obvious in regions areas you work.

Search Engine Optimisation is poor. This is vital.

Technically, the layout uses tables which would be better as divs and too much of the styling is embedded in the page. These mean that making certain changes is going to be harder than it should be.

The Sparrow is dead right about price. You need to have some guideline prices. It's very annoying not to be given some idea of price.

tricky D wrote: »
    Header graphic is too big.

Don't use pop-ups in the gallery. Use bigger photos to show detail better.

Your email address would look better as info@byrybak.com.

The ad banner isn't well designed. Key info doesn't stand out.

Not sure about the videos. If I want to hire you, I not very interested in how it's done.

Some of the URLs e.g. info.php?id=1 should be more descriptive. Other page names would be better in english because of your market.

Testimonials would be a good idea.

Text on homepage is weak and poorly laid out. It should be more obvious in regions areas you work.

Search Engine Optimisation is poor. This is vital.

Technically, the layout uses tables which would be better as divs and too much of the styling is embedded in the page. These mean that making certain changes is going to be harder than it should be.

The Sparrow is dead right about price. You need to have some guideline prices. It's very annoying not to be given some idea of price.

any suggestion about how to improve seo???
    thanks for opinion all taken on board and will try to improve.
    will deffinitely work on price guideline.

videos are there to let customer know that its not easy to achive good quality finish, just show how much work need to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

...it's pretty dull to look at, cream, grey and orange...

Go mad with every colour under the sun I say - being a painting and decorating website it just looks boring...

CSU wrote: »
    ...it's pretty dull to look at, cream, grey and orange...

Go mad with every colour under the sun I say - being a painting and decorating website it just looks boring...

i think that colours used work very well together.

thanks anyway

Advertisement