Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Paul Galvin on the Late Late Show

• 18-12-2010 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

He came across really badly, and shows no remorse for any of his actions, and laughs it off. He disses all the pundits who dont minch their words when it comes to his actions.

he has no class and should show alot more remorse for the things he has done in the past and stop trying to laugh it off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭get_d_hand_in

reminincent at some stages of the conversion to a certain irish/utd soccer player. (i've done things in the past i'm not proud of but yano...)

Ah he's an attention seeker, dunno if he's gay, pulls some women i'd say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Certainly not your average GAA player. I think he fancies himself as a sort of an Irish Eric Cantona type character. Deluded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

A strange human being is all I can describe Galvin as!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

A hard footballer who plays close to the edge and unfortunately sometimes over that edge, who gives performances full of passion, hardwork and commitment, I couldn't care less how many shoes he has or what type of jeans he wears.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭dirtyden

A hard footballer who plays close to the edge and unfortunately sometimes over that edge, who gives performances full of passion, hardwork and commitment, I couldn't care less how many shoes he has or what type of jeans he wears.

I would agree with this, a tough uncompromising footballer. I think most of his onfield crimes have been blown out of all proportion, and he has become a bit of a pantomine villian for clowns like Brolly. It says a lot about public sector salaries though if he can affod to binge on shoes like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Setanta2

What he lacks in emotional intelligence he makes up for in physique. His football prowess and taste in fasion like them or loathe them make a statement He seems to have many demons lurking in him - but maybe thats where he needs to grow . He is a good looking chap - but without some personnal growth he may age without grace . I wish him well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭thesultan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Setanta2 wrote: »
    What he lacks in emotional intelligence he makes up for in physique. His football prowess and taste in fasion like them or loathe them make a statement He seems to have many demons lurking in him - but maybe thats where he needs to grow . He is a good looking chap - but without some personnal growth he may age without grace . I wish him well

Nice of you to join us Mr O'Hailpin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Very impressed by Paul Galvin last night. He doesnt get a short back and side haircut, nor does he attend mass on a Sunday morning standing at the back of the church or wears O Neill's hoody. This does however him makes him a danger to the backword nature of the GAA. Long live the culture of the GAA.

Regards
    Woodchopper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Very impressed by Paul Galvin last night. He doesnt get a short back and side haircut, nor does he attend mass on a Sunday morning standing at the back of the church or wears O Neill's hoody. This does however him makes him a danger to the backword nature of the GAA. Long live the culture of the GAA.

Regards
    Woodchopper

Yeah, we all just found out about his interests tonight :rolleyes: Good man, Christmas holidays mean you can stay up late now?

Personally I don't think he's gay, it doesn't really matter anyways in the 'backwards GAA' compared with other codes. As said above he's a class player and what else matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭acequion

It says a lot about public sector salaries though if he can affod to binge on shoes like that.

Another cheap shot at the public sector from yet another begrudger! As if a single young man with a college degree isn't entitled to a disposable income to spend on whatever hobby he chooses! Especially one who has voluntarily devoted his time and his talent to bring honours to his county.

I really admire Paul.I think he's an outstanding footballer.A joy to watch on the field with his passion and flair. He's also a very interesting,colourful,unconventional person.Why can't people just live and let live!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭thesultan

I think that its actually great that we have a player would won't wear the standard tracksuit look. Although the t-shirt in New York I don't think studio 57 in it's heyday would have allowed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭backrow67n8

wyndhurst wrote: »
    Yeah - but did you see his 'performance' last night? What a TOOL.

No I didn't, I'd be more interested in his onfield performance tbh. As far as his fashion taste goes well its each to their own isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Timistry

Well said!! Typical irish reaction to be fair .begrugers the lot of ya! So the man likes to dress up? so what? He is probably the most controversial player in the country but he is easily the best in his position in the country and on his day, probably the best overall player in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Timistry wrote: »
    on his day, probably the best overall player in Ireland.
    No, just... No

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

ScareGilly wrote: »
    No, just... No
    Ok i'd ignored this thread till now, because its a load of ****e, with random statements about a players sexuality. (PS Mods, how is this rediculous thread still open. If a thread started saying Alan Brogan, or Seán Cavenagh was Gay it would be shut down straight away).

But to deny that Galvin is the best footballer in Ireland on his day is shamefull. Look at his 2006 season, his 2009 season, the start of his 2010 season. His performance against Cork in th MF Replay was outstanding. Let Paul wear whatever he wants, its no ones business. One of the greatest footballers of this era.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

No I didn't, I'd be more interested in his onfield performance tbh. As far as his fashion taste goes well its each to their own isn't it?

The thread is titled Paul Galvin on the Late Late Show so if you didn't watch it why comment on it!

Regarding Paul Galvin on the Late Late I watched it because I do think he's a good player and I never listened to him in an interview before. It was really hilarious!! The low cut top he was wearing in the video, no wonder he said he would leave the country when the programme 'comes out'. I was shocked hearing him talking about his 'passion for fashion' and acting all camp... It was just very odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

DDC1990 wrote: »

But to deny that Galvin is the best footballer in Ireland on his day is shamefull. Look at his 2006 season, his 2009 season, the start of his 2010 season. His performance against Cork in th MF Replay was outstanding. Let Paul wear whatever he wants, its no ones business. One of the greatest footballers of this era.

Agree 100%. Best player in the country.

I think it was a very strange interview - he is a strange fish alright but what does that have to do with anything? As GAA fans we should only be concerned with what goes on on the pitch. Personally wouldn't mind if he had been born on the other side of the county bounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭yosemite_sam

I thought Tubridy kept chipping away at him about the fashion thing, he doesn't dress like everyone else so what.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Atlantic1

I think that Paul Galvin is to Kerry what Roy Keane was to Man. Utd. He's an outstanding player who's prone to moments of madness on the pitch.

He's not my favourite human being but if he was from Cork, I'd be delighted to have him on the County team, I'm sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

didn't think he was even the best Kerry player, never mind the best in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭overmantle

A very good footballer, without question, who is his OWN worst enemy. He is an attention seeker, who self destructs every now and then. If he could have controlled his temper, both on and off the pitch, he would not have drawn so much trouble on himself, time and time again. Comments/speculation about his sexual preference do not belong on this thread.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

DDC1990 wrote: »
    (PS Mods, how is this rediculous thread still open. If a thread started saying Alan Brogan, or Seán Cavenagh was Gay it would be shut down straight away).

Few points I'd like to bring up.
    1. Backseat modding is not tolerated, if you have a problem with a post/topic use the report function.
    2. I'm sure Mr. Galvin is used to snide remarks about his sexuality, as a teacher and someone who wears clothes like that.
    3. Most importantly, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH BEING GAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Pappy o' daniel

I think people should realise that liking fashion and having lots of shoes doesn't make someone gay.

What interested me was that Galvin still hasn't taken responsibility for his actions, its always someone elses fault, Anthony Tohill , Paddy Russell, Cadogan, the Sunday game.

This is the climate created by Jack o' Connor. When Galvin was first breaking on the team, he broke someones jaw in a club game, O'connor got him off the suspention. It would benefit Kerry a lot more if they had a manager who had a sense of fairplay, this would be passed on to the players and you wouldn't see the nasty incidents that have characterised kerrys play over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mausrour

"This is the climate created by Jack o' Connor."
    Wrong - this is the climate created by the GAA...

Galvin has done silly things on the field and got severly punished but the begrudgers need to keep picking at him until one day they can say "see, he's not that good a footballer". However, it is obvious to anyone that he has carried the Kerry team most days that he plays and he is that good.
    Now, persoanlly, I think he is a bit of a clown to act the way he does - but is still a great footballer.

So now, the begrudgers like, Ryan "the guttersnipe" Tubridy begin picking on about his fashion interests. He didn't have the balls to ask him about his sexuality. But I suppose Tubridy is hardly a specimen worthy of the weekly fashion magazines and maybe is just jealous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Ok,I am going to review this thread post by post and retrospective bans may be given.Read the charter Re: Rumours.
    No poster is to post anything saying Paul Galvin is gay,bisexual or whatever no matter what the interview may have indicated.Perception is not always the reality.

While being gay/bi is normal,we are still not going to discuss this players personal life.

dave.. wrote: »
    What a tool. A passion for fashion. Steamer!!!!

Banned for a week.

wyndhurst wrote: »
    Yeah - but did you see his 'performance' last night? What a TOOL.

Banned for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Uncle Mclovin

I must say the T-shirt he was wearing in New York was ridiculous. Actually I don't know if you could call it a t-shirt.

Turbridy interviewing sports players is pointless because he just has no interest in it whatsoever.

With regards to his talent as a footballer. Anyone questioning his football ability is just wearing the blinkers. Saying that he's not the best footballer in Kerry.

Gooch and Declan O' Sullivan are tops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gingy

...good footballer, hot tempered, dodgy fashion sense etc...on a completely side note, did anyone else spot Babs in the audience looking up at himself on the monitor, some people would do anything to get on tv these days...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement