Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best cafés in Waterford

• 18-12-2002 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭

So where do people like to eat in the city? (aside
    from expensive resturaunt food) Since some pubs
    have good grub they can be considered cafés too.

Some nice places I've eat in over the last while
    are:

Bia
    Haricots
    Kazbar (during the day)
    The Bank (during the day)
    Flash's (during the day)
    Luna (despite the abysmal service)
    Brasserie

It would be hard to rate them in order though.
    One place I did like was global village on
    Parnell St. which sadly disappeared around 3/4
    years ago.

merlante

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AislinnS

But I really like the Gingerman, across from Bia.
    It's my Saturday haunt when I'm in town and not working.

I used to go to Luna...but I've seen the kitchens......
    *nuffsaid*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

I used to go to Luna...but I've seen the kitchens......

I can only imagine. Especially if the same docile and inefficient staff work back there - and if they maintain the same (or less) levels of cleanliness as they do out in the cafe.

I do enjoy their club sandwiches though.

merlante

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 AislinnS

Then again, when you think about it....
    you wouldn't eat much at all if you took a look at kitchens in most food places lol

Ahh......ignorance is bliss :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,291 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by merlante
    I can only imagine. Especially if the same docile and inefficient staff work back there - and if they maintain the same (or less) levels of cleanliness as they do out in the cafe.

From what I rem of Luna, it was mainly students that were employed as staff - though that did vary over the year. The coffee was generally ok when it was made properly. (One of the few places in town where you can get good coffee.) Haven't really been there in a long time. :)

The Uluru or the Cove seem to be better though they are not in the centre of the city.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

I liked suigh sios before somebody else took it over..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

marmalade

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭dogs

At 7 posts in this thread and nobody has mentioned Skippers!

You haven't experienced fine foods until you've dined in Skippers. Friday/Saturday nights it's practically a ritual, Geoffs, The Forum then Skippers.

Enjoy the ambience of your fellow practicioners of this weekly rendevous as they shout to be heard over the ringing in their ears.

Savour the smells of freshly fried chips, sausages, burgers, stale popcorn and the vague but unmistakable bouquet of urine from behind the cinema.

I'm still waiting for Floyd on the Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

Skippers is top notch alright, but not exactly a cafe. :)

The food in Geoff's is nice too, but it's been a while since I eat in there.

merlante

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Kalina

Have to agree about Luna, the service is dire. More than a 30 minute wait for a toasted sandwich though it was nice when it eventually materialised!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Zest out by Ardkeen do good sandwiches in the day and by night, do the best pizzas in town. Real italian pizza's not the **** you get in Domino's/Coney Island.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 ArwenEvenstar

Gino's pizza is nice, depending on who makes if of course lol

Urgh! skippers!
    havent eaten in there in aaaaaaaages. and only when drunk an all. even then, try to resist the urge. tis pretty rank to be honest.... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Babelouee

Originally posted by merlante
    Skippers is top notch alright, but not exactly a cafe. :)

The food in Geoff's is nice too, but it's been a while since I eat in there.

merlante

The panninis in Geoffs are the nicest ever! Esp Hawian ones! :p

Advertisement