Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One Night Stand

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RossNolan

Saw you Ross!

Yes, that was me. Not the best day ever. :(:o

Well, there is more than one national dating show to get humilated on around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Little Acorn

Stuart I thought you were at least entertaining on the show, and I found you funny.

The show as a whole though, won't be watching again I don't think. I didn't see the first episode, just watched tonight and I felt bad for the lads where the girls just took one look at them, and were like "nah" not good enough.
    I know everyone is entitled to fancy whoever they want, but imagine being one of those fellas watching it back, and the slagging they might get of their friends.
    They should just focus on the guys they pick I think, and not show any mean comments if there are any.
    I suppose that wouldn't make much of a tv show though.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

Ah sure this kind of TV is all focused on exploiting and humiliating people these days, look at X Factor auditions and britains got talent. If you go on TV you have to accept the exposure.

By the way stuart thought you were pretty funny. At least you got as far as the date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Blondiebear

Yeah I'm Stuart and to use an expression I learned last year...I'm "morto"...trying to console myself that it's all just a laugh, despite being branded a "creep" :D

I thought you were great on it Stuart could'nt think where I knew you from and then it came to me at 12 pm last night you were total xposure loved ya on that 2!!!!!!I would have taken you on a date had u been on episode 1 like me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Indigo Smash

Elmo wrote: »
    I thougth TX was an in-house TV3 production ????

Hey Elmo yeah you're right it was but they brought in Ruth Roden as the main producer to work on the show and Eoin Kavanagh was one of the other producers. Earlier this year they formed Toto Productions (hence the little Toto dog at the end!) and are doing their own thing, so I thought I may as well get involved when they told me. Sure I'd nothing to lose but my dignity!

Anyway it was fun and thanks to anyone for their positive comments - we are fair game when we go on telly so it's cool to hear nice things being said but if people thought I was a twit or whatever, then that's cool too. I judge people on telly all the time without even thinking about it! I've learned to try not to take anything to heart!

As someone said it's not pleasant at all if you're instantly dismissed for not looking good enough and not nice hearing what the girls or guys have to say, but as I said before, that's real life and kinda makes the show. I was lucky to be put through I guess and just tried to have fun on it.

I think I will watch the rest of the series just to see how it's going and the gay episode next week looks fun. The only thing lacking is a decent pay-off or better reveal at the end - like a holiday or something worth winning!

...and by the way what did anyone else think of Jennifer's presenting style? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Was this the show were they were in Mullingar? Was it shown earlier this week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭no nails niall

jobless wrote: »
    jen maguire has all the charisma of a wet sock!

...and the state of that nacker tat on her arm.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

Oh my good god. Words cannot describe how bad this show is.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭TheSpecialOne

hahaha i know so many people in tonights show!hahahah....its still shocking however!

Yeah I know a couple as well. Cringe city!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

God this show is awful. At least it evens things out from the 'Take me Out' thread and shows that men are just as ruthless and superficial when it comes to looks as the Take me out women are too.

that Gemma girl is very attractive. The things...

Johnny and Gemma are still seeing each other AFAIK

cAr0l wrote: »
    Johnny and Gemma are still seeing each other AFAIK

the lucky f**ker! How long ago was this filmed in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Francis seemed gay to me :p

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭pakb1ue

Tracy was smoking hot as was a bit shocked that she didnt get a date.
    glasso wrote: »
    the lucky f**ker!

Agreed, Just had a look she is only 19 as well.

pakb1ue wrote: »
    Tracy was smoking hot as was a bit shocked that she didnt get a date.

Agreed, Just had a look she is only 19 as well.

how did you find that out?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭pakb1ue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Gay in Bray?
    Oh sweet jesus the cringe factor! My brain is going to explode! :eek:

all the gays in bray in the non-selecting group will bang each other and not go for the guys picking - doesn't make any difference to them does it like!? producers didn't factor that in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Burkatron

Well thats ruined tangle twisters for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

That was the most embarrassing car crash TV I've watched in a long time.

I do remember Brendan Courtney doing "Wanderlust" I loved that pro gramme, One Night Stand reminded me of Wanderlust alot. I miss that show still :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanderlust_%28TV_series%29

:O it ended in 2002. I feel a bit old! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 flinders

RTE Tagline for the show

One Night Stand

Jennifer Maguire presents a dating show helping three singletons look for love in a variety of places

Read it closely.....

• Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was that guy Mark on the show last night a model :confused:

(Help settle a bet for me ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Really enjoyed the most recent episode! Very entertaining!

Advertisement