Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unique Airsoft gun

• 09-12-2010 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

What airsoft gun would you like to see, a unique crazy one that would be near impossible to turn into an AEG :P

I would love a H&K G11

g11k2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

AICW - Advanced Infantry Combat Weapon (Australia)
    http://world.guns.ru/assault/austr/aicw-e.html

aicw-2001.jpg
    aicw-2003.jpg
    aicw-2005.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

The G11 looks like it would be easy to turn into an AEG. I'd say a P90 gearbox would fit in that shell without any modification.
    I'd like to see some ready made AEGs from sci-fi movies and video games. Who wouldn't want some of the blasters from Star Wars, especially if they had built in tracer units?

The guns in the Killzone video games look really cool too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

images%3Fq%3DDaewoo%2BK11%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D607%26tbs%3Disch:1&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=317&vpy=99&dur=738&hovh=162&hovw=311&tx=203&ty=86&ei=uhUATZbvLcGbhQfEw7nLCQ&oei=uhUATZbvLcGbhQfEw7nLCQ&esq=1&page=1&ndsp=16&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0The Daewoo K11

This is taken from wiki

The Daewoo K11 is an assault rifle chambered to fire 5.56mm rounds, as well as 20mm air-burst shells from its over barrel Two conventional 20mm shells either detonate immediately on impact or on a timed fuse after impact. A third type of shell is controlled by the weapon's integrated electronics to explode a few meters from the target, yielding an air burst effect capable of killing targets within a 6m area and seriously wounding those within a 8m area. Users enter a range at which the shell is to detonate, allowing targets in ditches, in buildings, or behind walls to be destroyed without requiring the shell to strike the target.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

whydave wrote: »

aicw-2003.jpg

We could definitely get 2 gearboxes in there :D

Double barrel craziness

Might sacrifice an Aug A2 to try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

aicw-2001.jpg
    aicw-2003.jpg
    aicw-2005.jpg
    HHHmmm i wonder what the base model for this was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

An F2000+AUG+steroids= solution

Evade wrote: »
    The G11 looks like it would be easy to turn into an AEG. I'd say a P90 gearbox would fit in that shell without any modification.
    I'd like to see some ready made AEGs from sci-fi movies and video games. Who wouldn't want some of the blasters from Star Wars, especially if they had built in tracer units?

The guns in the Killzone video games look really cool too.

The G11 fires in a unique way, it's mag is loaded into the front of the gun and it fires through it's magazine in triple bursts, the real thing has 48 round mag and leaves no shells, the body would be simple the problem is making it fire through it's own magazine :O

TNTQ wrote: »
    We could definitely get 2 gearboxes in there :D

Double barrel craziness

Might sacrifice an Aug A2 to try :)

Charlie I double dare you to try build a G11 :P

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    The G11 fires in a unique way, it's mag is loaded into the front of the gun and it fires through it's magazine in triple bursts, the real thing has 48 round mag and leaves no shells, the body would be simple the problem is making it fire through it's own magazine :O
    The magazine is beside the barrel, it doesn't shoot through the magazine.

g11internal.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭CpcRc

aicw-2001.jpg
    aicw-2003.jpg
    aicw-2005.jpg

That looks a hell of a lot like the OICW prototype by H&K, the XM29 OICW.
    The XM29 was a prototype weapon that was an airburst assault weapon first and a kinetic energy assault rifle second. Using a computer-assisted sight with laser rangefinder and thermal and night vision capabilities.

Unfortunately the project was put on hold:( because it was too heavy and difficult. It was split into two parts. Increment one was to design the special grenade launcher on its own and increment two was for a modern assault rifle. The XM8 was partially developed to met this requirement. Once the two were created they would try to put them together to create the XM29.

Back to the point, I would love this grenade launcher/assault rifle combo in airsoft because it just looks amazing. Plus it was designed to use a magazine of 20mm explosive round as well as a mag of 5.56 NATO bullets(30 round magazine).

original article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM29_OICW
    and another link: http://world.guns.ru/assault/usa/xm29-oicw-e.html

XM29.jpg

• Advertisement

I'd like to thank whydave for the link to that website with the prototypes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

I'd like to see the H&K OICW, personally (not the one above, the "proper one"). I'm seeing a lot of mentions for the combined systems above (including that K11 I mentioned on another thread), but this is the one I'd really like to see. Apart from being a personal favourite, one of the design elements of it appeals to me, that being the ability to seperate the KE rifle from the HE cannon. The KE rifle section is essentially a trimmed down G36 (or a bulked up MP7, depending on which mark prototype you're looking at).
    Having such an option would give it great flexibility in actual airsoft gaming, where the HE canon would serve as, essentially a shower-shot grenade launcher (using, I'd imagine similar rounds to the old CAW Kampfpistole or some form of hybrid TM tri-barrel shotgun with an electric drive) and the KE rifle would serve as both the KE rifle for the system, and as a releaseable, standalone assault rifle for games where the full system is not required or wanted.

In a more realistic sense, I'd like;

AI AW50F - Simply because I prefer how it looks to any other .50 rifle and find the AI design of stock to be far more comfortable than any other bolt action rifle.

H&K MSG90 - I've been hankering after one of these for years. I've heard of one being made as a custom job on the ASI forums a few years ago, but not even a rumour of any companies actually producing one despite it's similarity to the G3/33 range.

Ithaca, M870 or M26 - Specifically in a Masterkey format. I know there is a replacement frame kit for the M870, but it's expensive on it's own (not to mention the cost of the actual shotgun added in) and - from what I remember - a fairly involved modification. Wouldn't be hugely difficult for someone to manufacture one of their shotguns without the stock, grip, longer barrel etc and weld on a bayonet and barrel mount lug instead.

MG3 - Come on, it's long overdue.

CpcRc wrote: »
    The XM29 was a prototype weapon that was a special grenade launcher first and an assault rifle second.

It was never designed as a grenade launcher. The system was actually a personal cannon with programmable rounds. The concept was to give an individual rifleman the ability to engage hardened targets - including structures and light armoured vehicles like IFV's - where grenades are designed more for use on grouped/covered infantry and unarmoured vehicles like jeeps and trucks.
    Launchable grenades, by their nature, are a large, heavy, slow-travelling round with a high payload being the main pay-off for relatively short range and inaccuracy.
    The HE cannon system used on the OICW, AICW, K11, PAPOP and about half a dozen other models from various countries is designed to fire a smaller projectile at a much higher velocity along a trajectory path closer to that of a KE round than a launchable grenade, thus imparting much greater accuracy and penetration ability. The programmable system isn't on all variants, but those that do have it use it to give the flexibility of use against group targets also, mimicing the role of the traditional 40mm grenades by using airburst at a programmed point, where the grenade would normally have fallen and burst on impact. The payload of the smaller cannon round (generally between 20mm and 35mm) is obviously considerably less, but the physics of an airburst versus a ground burst balance it against the 40mm grenade effectiveness somewhat.

Anyway, that's gone a bit off topic...

This is also usually the thread that pops up every year where I rant about nobody making a Bofors AK5, but G&G are solving that within the next few weeks. Thank smeg...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Still OT, while the XM29 was split into the XM8 and XM25 programs. The XM8 was halted but has since resumed testing and is currently in limbo. The XM25 has just begun or will shortly begin limited combat trails in Afganistan, like the SCAR L and H did last year. The SCAR L will be dropped by SOCOM but they will keep the 600 or so Ls that they have and will buy only the SCAR H variants as much as the budget allows.

Big up on the AK5 from G&G. Crosses fingers for an AK5C mod kit and mags.

800px-AK5Cesar.jpg

Ironically, the original OICW's used, then prototype, MP7's, then G36's. It was later that the XM8 ended up in the mix. The former two being the big success stories really. I already went on a rant about the XM25 over in the OT thread...

I don't see an AK5C kit coming out any time soon. It's taken this long just to get the AK5 and AK5S. Apart from receiver, the C is a whole other ball game from front to back.

NakedDex wrote: »
    It was never designed as a grenade launcher. The system was actually a personal cannon with programmable rounds. The concept was to give an individual rifleman the ability to engage hardened targets, where grenades are designed more for use on group targets.
    Launchable grenades, by their nature, are a large, heavy, slow-travelling round with a high payload being the main pay-off for relatively short range and inaccuracy.
    The HE cannon system used on the OICW, AICW, K11, PAPOP and about half a dozen other models from various countries is designed to fire a smaller projectile at a much higher velocity along a trajectory path closer to that of a KE round than a launchable grenade, thus imparting much greater accuracy and penetration ability. The programmable system isn't on all variants, but those that do have it use it to give the flexibility of use against group targets also, mimicing the role of the traditional 40mm grenades by using airburst at a programmed point, where the grenade would normally have fallen and burst on impact. The payload of the smaller cannon round (generally between 20mm and 35mm) is obviously considerably less, but the physics of an airburst versus a ground burst balance it against the 40mm grenade effectiveness somewhat.

I know I made that mistake. I know that it uses airbursting rounds and that the 20-25mm rounds are far different from 40mm grenades and in more ways than one. I just thought of a grenade when it was projected explosive ammunition, sorry:P Messed up on the techs there. Great to see someone else who likes it.

I think that the two components were supposed to run off one trigger and making the gun separable could cause problems there. It would have to be an electronic system rather than a mechanical one in my opinion for the prototype.

I still love it because I love H&K guns. They've made and had a hand in some great iconic guns and prototypes.

If only I could try and make one some day.

oicw2.jpg

The fire system was electronic. Essentially the fire selector had five positions, Safe, KE Semi, KE Auto, HE and Safe. The trigger was weighted as a regular trigger would be, but simply sent a signal to the on-board computer for actual fire control. The original systems were detachable as they used a simple set of contacts between each component, thus allowing the KE system to be used independantly of the HE system, but not vice-versa.

Anyway, OT again.

Another one for the list of things someone might actually bother to make - Steyr pistols. I know there's a CO2 NBB one but I'd love a GBB version of one of the M-series. Second only to the P99 in sheer comfort to hold, and that's saying something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

How about an EM-2 GBB?

For alternative history milsiming!

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

Have dboys released their m240 yet? Dying to get me one of them:(

I know Ares are making one but I didnt know Dboys were

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Paddy The Pirate

ak47.jpgJaysus, if i could get myself one of these things :eek:

side_rail_gun_hi.jpgWaait... maybe this would be better?

Daft computer game gun is daft

But.. nonetheless:) Its pretty :o

Actually I think it's fugly and overdone

really? each to their own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭DICEMAN7

NakedDex wrote: »
    The fire system was electronic. Essentially the fire selector had five positions, Safe, KE Semi, KE Auto, HE and Safe. The trigger was weighted as a regular trigger would be, but simply sent a signal to the on-board computer for actual fire control. The original systems were detachable as they used a simple set of contacts between each component, thus allowing the KE system to be used independantly of the HE system, but not vice-versa.

Anyway, OT again.

Another one for the list of things someone might actually bother to make - Steyr pistols. I know there's a CO2 NBB one but I'd love a GBB version of one of the M-series. Second only to the P99 in sheer comfort to hold, and that's saying something.
    is it this one Dex http://www.intrudershop.com.tw/show_product_eng.asp?idproduct=1674#top

I'd love to see a m4 AK47 hybrid, the AK4 Carbine or the M47A1 Carbine :P

Yeah 400 posts woo!

Yeah, that's the CO2 NBB version. Nice performer, though all NBB pistols disappoint me really (apart from the Maruzen P99 NBB, which is easily the quietest pistol I've ever heard. Even more so than the TM Mk23). Maybe it's snobbish, but it puts me right off even considering buying it. The trigger pull was quite heavy too, if I recall correctly, which is an issue inherint in virtually all NBB designs.
    Basically, if someone releases one of those in GBB form, I'd be a happy man.

I'd love to see a m4 AK47 hybrid
    How about the SR-47? Actually a real gun.
    sr479804959us.jpg

• Advertisement

I'd love to see a m4 AK47 hybrid, the AK4 Carbine or the M47A1 Carbine :P

Actually the AK4 is the Swedish version of the G3 manufactured by Husqvarna (the same company that make the chainsaws and lawnmowers...) and the M47 was an old Raytheon Dragon AT missile launcher.
    If you want M4/AK crossovers, however, just google "Tactical AK" and you'll uncover all sorts of abominations like this:

ak47-tactical.jpg

Edit: I was just going to mention the SR-47. Ugly rifle, great concept.

Advertisement