Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Indie/Altie Chitter Chatter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

It's called the Grand Social now, isn't it?

Yep but for convenience it should always be called Pravda. don't like the new name cause I never remember it. I call it Grand Canal, Grand Central - everything but Grand Social.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

Name changing is confusing but effective. Pravda was a bit stale, quite empty most nights i went there. Used to be really good though. Grand Social seems to have taken off. I mostly go there before going somewhere else though.

Back to back gigs next week. Interpol and The National, both in the Olympia. Very very excited to see Interpol again. I've concluded that their latest album is a let down after initially quite liking it. Established bands have it good. I gave that Interpol album far far more chances than i would any bands debut.

Kid V wrote: »
    Back to back gigs next week. Interpol and The National, both in the Olympia. Very very excited to see Interpol again. I've concluded that their latest album is a let down after initially quite liking it. Established bands have it good. I gave that Interpol album far far more chances than i would any bands debut.

Going to the same 2 gigs plus Arcade Fire on Sunday. Can't wait for each of them. Looking forward to Surfer Blood supporting Interpol too. I found the new Pol album a grower. Wasn't sure at first if I was disappointed and it took me a while to shake the feeling and love it fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I've had to curtail my gig going over the next while.

So only Menomena, Belle & Sebastian, Caribou and Godspeed for me over the next while.

That's still loads but you should have seen everyone I wanted to go to!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Can't wait for B&S. I had bought tickets for my BF for his birthday, but now due to ahem, a change in arrangements, I am taking my mother :D

GodSpeed is sold out :( Must get my Deerhunter tickets soon, I'm sure it'll be a sell out too.

• Advertisement

Just got the O2 treats 5 free iTunes downloads for Friday. Mind is a blank as to what to get. I usually try find b-sides and stuff of bands or MP3s I've lost.

Running out of ideas so suggest me some tunes.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Gig week.

Out Wed night - Thurs - The National - Fri - B&S Sat- The National. Sun - Sleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kid V

So only Menomena, Belle & Sebastian, Caribou and Godspeed for me over the next while.

I take it your going to see Menomena across the water?? Wish they'd play here.

Going to Laura Marling, Caribou and Godspeed the week after. Saw AF at Oxegen so i'm fairly content. More broke than content actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Godspeed beers? :)

Kid V wrote: »
    I take it your going to see Menomena across the water?? Wish they'd play here.

I am. Off to the airport in 2 minutes actually. So long suckers!

• Advertisement

To the tune of LCD...

May-nooth I love you, but you're bringing me down...

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

I felt that a bit today, mainly the weather combined with the annoyance of the open.Come to think of it, I don't love Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Still debating on going to that Menomena gig.

Hmmmmmmm....

Ugh snowbound on a sat night.

Interpol starting their 3 nights in the Olympia tonight, anyone headed tonight? Can't wait.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I can't believe people in Dublin complain about the lack of quality bands who play there...

if this stupid snow makes me miss gigs i'll be very upset...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

lordgoat wrote: »
    if this stupid snow makes me miss gigs i'll be very upset...

God, I better get up for Godspeed. That's the gig I've most looked forward to all year.

Kold wrote: »
    God, I better get up for Godspeed. That's the gig I've most looked forward to all year.

I only live 30 mins from dub and i'm dreading going to all the gigs this week. Moreso for getting home after. If you're getting a train/bus you should be fine. Just check webites night before and give yourself plenty of time.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Still debating on going to that Menomena gig.

Hmmmmmmm....

Which one?

I saw them in Brussels on Saturday night - great show, although the crowd were a bit too low-key.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Which one?

I saw them in Brussels on Saturday night - great show, although the crowd were a bit too low-key.
    Oh right, you went to Brussels. Their London date tonight is the one I'm on about although it's looking less likely now as I'm broke and got far too much gear with me at the moment to be going straight to a gig.

:(

Anyone fallen yet? I slipped today at Stephen's Green, but didn't fall as thankfully my head smacked off a wall, stopping my arse going on the ground. Ouch :pac:

Twee. wrote: »
    Anyone fallen yet? I slipped today at Stephen's Green, but didn't fall as thankfully my head smacked off a wall, stopping my arse going on the ground. Ouch :pac:

Nasty, i had a moment too, thought i was gone but gracefully (not really, well not at all) grabbed a car. Pretty damn close though.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Nasty, i had a moment too, thought i was gone but gracefully (not really, well not at all) grabbed a car. Pretty damn close though.

I hate the milliseconds between falling and not falling. Scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Jesus, hope you're all right. I had a dodgy moment outside UCD but somehow I stayed up. Not fun.

I've become addicted to Blink 182 again. I thought I'd beaten my addiction:o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

kev9100 wrote: »
    I've become addicted to Blink 182 again. I thought I'd beaten my addiction:o.

Listen to Jedward's cover of All The Small Things. That should help you kick the habit.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Listen to Jedward's cover of All The Small Things. That should help you kick the habit.

They don't sound THAT different :p

Jedward improved on it I think.

Ooooohhhh I went there!

Jedward improved on it I think.

Ooooohhhh I went there!

Amateurs.

That's a cover?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Some friends of mine are supposed to be flying over from England for Arcade Fire this weekend. This weather better piss off enough to let that happen, or I'll kick it in the nuts.

Same folks were supposed to come over for the Volcano-cancelled LCD Soundsystem show earlier in the year.

In conclusion, nature's a jerk.

Advertisement