Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VGC 2011 Thread *Spoilers*

• 23-11-2010 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭

In respect to those curious who don't want to be spoiled,

Turn away now,

Gone yet?

Okay, you're getting spoiled

I warned you

guide-raijin-trio.jpg
    I assume we all heard about this, so let's get chatting!

So far the rules seem to be the same as last year with one vital change: only Isshu/Unova Of Pokedex number 001-148 & 151 are allowed.

Celebrate in the streets as Dark Void Smeargle, free permanent weather is killed off and a fresh game rules to playing field!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭SamIAmNot

OMG! :eek: its like giving the newbies a chance to catch up with us!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Any chance they'd allow HG/SS for the European legs of the tour? Seeing as B&W won't have bee out long

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Any chance they'd allow HG/SS for the European legs of the tour? Seeing as B&W won't have bee out long

Then again wasn't HG/SS only out a couple of months before last year's stuff?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

True but you could trade over diamond & pearl 'mon and use them. If it's Isshu only Pokémon this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

True but you could trade over diamond & pearl 'mon and use them. If it's Isshu only Pokémon this year...
    Then you and I have a head start :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I've got my endgame team planned, at least. Haven't even started considering tournament strategies. Eep.

Urizen wrote: »
    I've got my endgame team planned, at least. Haven't even started considering tournament strategies. Eep.
    I've started looking into VCG teams, so far there's only about two-three Pokémon with Rain abilities (Hydration/Swift swim/water absorb), a good dozen with Sandstorm abilities (Sand veil/Sand paddle/Sand power) and the odd one or two with Hail abilites (Snow Cloak/Ice Body). Sunny abilities seem to be limited to the Chlorophyll. With perma-weather casters banned, it now means if you want the weather you'll need to cast it and waste a turn.

I hope Zoraork isn't banned, it's funny to have him pretend to be another Pokemon, hello head feck :)

The thing that worries me now though is: Tornelos, Voltolos and Landlos...

I mean, the first two with Teasing Heart throwing out weather, status moves and the like with +1 priority? And then Landlos with Sand Power giving him an extra 30% power during a Sandstorm?

I get the feeling the scene will be dominated by those three, Sazandora and the Musketeers. And probably Ulgamoth as backup and Archos for a true "glass cannon" on Turn 1.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    The thing that worries me now though is: Tornelos, Voltolos and Landlos...
    To which I say Ice Beam/Ice Punch....
    I mean, the first two with Teasing Heart throwing out weather, status moves and the like with +1 priority? And then Landlos with Sand Power giving him an extra 30% power during a Sandstorm?
    Erufuun is faster and throws out Taunt and Tailwind. If you feel like being a d!ck, breed on Switcheroo and hand over an Iron Ball :P
    I get the feeling the scene will be dominated by those three, Sazandora and the Musketeers. And probably Ulgamoth as backup and Archos for a true "glass cannon" on Turn 1.
    Let me introduce you to my friends Hi Jump Kick, Hi Jump Kick and Rock Slide :P
    Spr_5b_560.png & Spr_5b_620.png

Veekun has a smexy calculator for everything :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

i'd love to go to a vgc tournament it sounds amazing, any idea where the venues are for next year ?, and i really like the idea of isshu only pokemon

• Advertisement

i'd love to go to a vgc tournament it sounds amazing, any idea where the venues are for next year ?, and i really like the idea of isshu only pokemon
    Officially no. Unofficial somewhere in the UK, France, Germany and possibly Spain. Unofficially sometime around the end of May. Expect official dates and time about two weeks before the first date, I kid you not...

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭wedgelington

Officially no. Unofficial somewhere in the UK, France, Germany and possibly Spain. Unofficially sometime around the end of May. Expect official dates and time about two weeks before the first date, I kid you not...
    thats crazy, trying to organize a trip 2 weeks before, damn you nintendo

Had a bit of a poke around the Japanese site and found the rules for WCS (Japanese version of VGC). Here's a Google translation of the rules with translations for Boards.ies.
    Those with the necessary

game_packageimage.jpg
    ■ DS Nintendo software [white] one of the DS card Pokettomonsutaburakku

Please Pokemon Battle Box Set pre-match rule ★.

For details, click here
    Please bring your own soft one. (On the day, to share software with friends and brothers, please do not)
    Both knockout qualifying rounds Pokettomonsutaburakku [white] one of the DS game card. For details, following " the rules of the battle , "please see.

■DS console Nintendo Series

Fully charged, please bring your own stuff.
    ■participation certificates

■Identification document ■ (Example: driver's license, health insurance card, passport, student ID, etc.)

• You can use the copy documents. Please make sure you have the original.
    • If guardian, please also have a guardian identification document.
    Don't forget to bring this crap, and damn well charge your bloody DS. Put your Pokémon in the Battle Box (the forth option on the PC Storage, you store up to six Pokémon in this box and they are the only Pokémon selected during a tournament). Bring ID if you look under age.
    How to store and use Pokémon in a Battle Box
    • Battle is a double battle.
    • For entry-level 1 to 100 Pokemon 6 mice, four animals do when you choose a battle game.
      (Pokemon level 51 or higher will automatically level 50)
    • Pokémon Encyclopedia entry can Ish (No.1 ~ 151 and 148) only
    Double battle. Have 6, choose 4 to battle. Auto Lv50. Unova Pokémon 001-151 & 148 only
    • Level 1 - Please be sure to pre-Battle Box Set Pokemon 6 and 100 mice.
      Players fight to the digital certificate will be distributed at the venue.
      For details, click here
      • Once the box is set to battle ※, during the tournament and if you can not immediately change the Pokemon.
        Only in battle, all the Pokemon level 51 or higher will automatically level 50.
        If you can play Pokemon, you can also play Pokemon over level 50.
        However, remember that "moves" without affecting the level is 50.
        The following Pokemon is level 50 still level.
    • Speak without No. Pokemon are the same, the entry can not be more than two.
    • Entries can be more than two dogs are not the same pokemon with a nickname.
      Also, you can also use other Pokemon Pokemon nicknames attached.
      "Cub policy" to "Mijumaru" Pokemon nickname that is attached
    • Pokemon that entry, and No.1 ~ 148 No.151 Encyclopedia of Ish "Pokettomonsutaburakku white" in normal play and get Pokemon, "Pokemongurobarurinku" event, awards were officially presented Pokemon only.
      Zekuromu Kyuremu Reshiramu Bikutini is not available.
    • Pokemon Oboeta following the work which otherwise can not be used.
      1. At head level in
      2. Moves the machine (the machine electric fire) you learn in
      3. Remember that when you were born from an egg
      4. Of teaching and in-game characters
      5. Pokemon award was officially presented to the events and remember that special
    • To balance in the battle, remember that the work of the following Pokemon can not use.
      • フリーフォール
        Free fall
    Now it gets down to the important stuff:
    • The Pokemon in your Battle Box must be saved and can not be changed (?)
    • The usual Auto Lv50 stuff (over level 50 gets temporary lowered to lv50, does not de-evolve, does not forget moves)
    • Can't have two the same Pokémon
    • Can't have a Pokémon nicknamed after another Pokémon eg. a Tepig nicknamed "Snivy"
    • Can only use Pokémon got in-game or at special events
    • Can't use 494.gifZekrom.gifReshiram.gif or thkyuremufront.gif
    • Legal moves are:
      • Level up moves
      • HM/TM moves
      • Move Tutors
      • Egg Moves
      • Event Special Moves
    • Banned Moves:

The effect of the work

Moves under the effect of topography is as follows.

• "Power of usu." is used, "Earthquakes" will.
    • "Power of Secrets" is used, one notch lower accuracy rate of 30% chance of opponent.
    • "Hogoshi force" is used, the type of Pokemon with "the same surface type" will change.
    How moves are effected:
    • Nature Power becomes Earthquake
    • Secret Power has a 30% of lower accuracy
    • Camouflage makes the user the Ground type
    The effect of the work, if the state on the verge of another Pokemon at the same time

Using the losing side "The same exposure," "What Explosion" "Dzure road" "the only life" Using the winning side "Try tackling abandoned" "Borutekka" drive "flare" "Tosshin" "You very same glove" "Bureibubado" hammer "Wood", "The Headbutt edged," "gasp Waru" "Wairudoboruto" "Afurobureiku" "Egg of Life" works owned and used If the state is on the verge of Pokemon at each other and weather effects

When a Pokemon is on the verge of all damage caused by weather damage, such as the end of the turn, and quickness in order, you lose those fallen away.

Pokemon at the same time if the state of each other on the verge of a counterattack immediately if property damage

"'m Awake," "exposure" Yu "slime station", "Tetsu thorns" "Gotsugotsumetto" damaging side will win and so on.

Time limit of 15 minutes per game

• Time is counted in the game play automatically.
    • If the winner does not have at the expiration of the time limit, following [1] → [3] in order to determine the outcome.
      1. [1] Pokemon win a large number of remaining players
      2. [2] [a] case of a tie, but a lot of Pokemon players remaining wins HP percentage of the total number of
      3. [3] But the case of a tie, HP won a lot more of the total.
      If it is the same draw.
      If the tie is played again.
    60-second time limit per turn selected

• Select one per turn (change Pokemon and moves selection) will be a time limit of 60 seconds.
    • For the time limit is counted in the game automatically.
    • If the time limit has expired, please note that you will be automatically selected.
    Last move rules (?)
    Damaging Weather Rule, you die you lose(?)
    15 minutes per game, 60 seconds move selection. If you don't select, the game will
    Other Considerations

• Using such a device to modify reports that the games are sold in some data, including tampering Pokemon modified code, Pokemon was created using the code is not available and reconstruction..
    • Check in strategy guides and game notes, and operation of mobile phones, organizers and if we believe that we act to affect play, you may be disqualified.
    • Equipment problems, if play is interrupted by power failure or other interruption of communications, will again play under any circumstances.
    Don't use AR or other such things ya muppet! If there's a Power failure, a sure we'll have another go at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

"At head level in
    Moves the machine you learn in
    Remember that when you were born from an egg"

I'm pretty sure that's the lyrics to one of the songs on the first Foo Fighters album.

Last move rules (?)
    Damaging Weather Rule, you die you lose(?)

Self-KO clause: If you are both down to your last Pokémon and you both faint at the same time due to a sacrificial move, recoil from a recoil move, or from weather effects - the person who used that move, or who summoned that weather is considered to have lost.

Self-KO clause: If you are both down to your last Pokémon and you both faint at the same time due to a sacrificial move, recoil from a recoil move, or from weather effects - the person who used that move, or who summoned that weather is considered to have lost.
    I know what it is, I just don't get what moves are ment by the translations. Even good 'ld Bulbapedia couldn't work out have the move names in Kanji

I just don't get what moves are ment by the translations.

I'll give it a go then :P
    Using the losing side

"The same exposure," - "What Explosion" - "Dzure road" - "the only life"

Using the winning side

"Try tackling abandoned" - "Borutekka" - drive "flare" - "Tosshin" - "You very same glove" - "Bureibubado" - hammer "Wood", - "The Headbutt edged," - "gasp Waru" - "Wairudoboruto" - "Afurobureiku" - "Egg of Life"

The first four:

Selfdestruct (Suicide Bombing), Explosion (Giant Explosion), Destiny Bond, Extreme Risk.

Double-Edge (Life-Risking Tackle), Volt Tackle (Volteccer), Flare Blitz (Flare Drive), Take Down (Charge), Submission (Hell Wheel), Brave Bird, Wood Hammer, Head Smash (Double-Edged Headbutt), Struggle (Vain Struggle), Wild Charge (Wild Bolt), Afro Break, Life Orb.

The last one had me stumped for quite a while, before I realised it was referring to the held item :rolleyes:
    "'m Awake," - "exposure" Yu - "slime station", - "Tetsu thorns" - "Gotsugotsumetto"

These are referring to abilities:
    Rough Skin (Sharkskin), Aftermath (Detonation), Liquid Ooze (Oozing Liquid), Iron Thorns, Rugged Helmet.

Again, the last one is a held item. I think this clause means that if both Pokémon faint in the same turn because of one of those abilities/held item, the Pokémon that inflicted damage via that method wins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rocket Butch

Are they going to have the box thing that you plug your game card into and use a DS attached to it, or will people use their own DSs and go DS to DS battle?

Are they going to have the box thing that you plug your game card into and use a DS attached to it, or will people use their own DSs and go DS to DS battle?

They'll either use the boxes or Infrared. I'm thinking the boxes though just so players can't say oh the connection messed up so that's why I lost or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Rocket Butch

Yeah, that would seem bad all right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement