Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One Night Stand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Elmo wrote: »
    Blondiebear wasn't suggesting the format was any better or worse than Take Me Out which suffers from its venue.
    If you read Blondiebear's posts on this thread i think you'll find he/she was suggesting that. The worst thing with with Take me out is the canned laughter and poor editing but despite this its still a decent show. One night stand has no redeeming features, a truly awful show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

jonas7 wrote: »
    If you read Blondiebear's posts on this thread i think you'll find he/she was suggesting that. The worst thing with with Take me out is the canned laughter and poor editing but despite this its still a decent show. One night stand has no redeeming features, a truly awful show.

There are really no redeeming features of Take Me Out, IMO both are bad formats and both are reminiscent of TV3's Perfect Match with Twink. Group of Guys and a Group of Girls lets see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

I think a major problem with One night Stand is the unlikeableness of the host.

What bright spark in RTE thought that an Apprentice reject could make a good TV personality?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭sonic85

both shows are pure dirt and how anybody finds them entertaining is beyond me. people have different tastes though i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

Gekko wrote: »
    I'd like to take out anyone who starred in, commissioned, presented, produced or directed this show.

With an automatic weapon.

heheheh good 1 mate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Its not as bad a show as I thought people were saying it is. Now I must confess it isn't as good or as funny as take me out but its a little more realistic when it comes to dating in college though!! The male talent is a little bit better than take me out then again i'd question some of the girls personality. Dress sense and style of the girls was quiet good though. Amazing though guys still went for looks over personality which is a no no no in my books!! Good start to the show though, will look forward to watching it next week. Bring on the boys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 RossNolan

Well then why inflict it on RTE's viewers?

Why don't RTE put something decent on instead?

I'll look out for you next week Ross ;)

I'm sure I'll only be on for a second. I didn't make it to round 2. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Blondiebear

Mr E wrote: »
    I still have it Sky+ed.
    Which one were you? :)
    Guess!

Its not as bad a show as I thought people were saying it is. Now I must confess it isn't as good or as funny as take me out but its a little more realistic when it comes to dating in college though!! The male talent is a little bit better than take me out then again i'd question some of the girls personality. Dress sense and style of the girls was quiet good though. Amazing though guys still went for looks over personality which is a no no no in my books!! Good start to the show though, will look forward to watching it next week. Bring on the boys! :D

Finally a bit of positivety.Maybe romantic Irelands not dead and gone!I totally agree it is dating in college.Ah I do think it was looks and personality combined stay tuned though Gay in Bray is gonna be brill:D

Elmo wrote: »
    Blondiebear wasn't suggesting the format was any better or worse than Take Me Out which suffers from its venue.

Exactly I'm just saying from a professional POV one night stand is favoured when it comes to lighting and sound.The canned laughter and lights are bad in Take me out.Both presenters of both shows are equally as good and I'd like to see any one else step up and do any better!

• Advertisement

.Both presenters of both shows are equally as good and I'd like to see any one else step up and do any better!

I think there are differences between the presenters.

Ray Foley seems to have some charisma, he interacts well with the contestants and he is normal looking.

Maguire in the other hand is a cold fish, seems condescending to the contestants and is practically unwatchable with her constant gurning. She also needs to put some weight on and cover up her hideous tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kearney007

Guess!

Dawn :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Kearney007

Exactly I'm just saying from a professional POV one night stand is favoured when it comes to lighting and sound.The canned laughter and lights are bad in Take me out.Both presenters of both shows are equally as good and I'd like to see any one else step up and do any better!

Ray foley is cat on take me out, he is no paddy mcguinnes and never will be. Where sack em all and hire us, we make our own spin off show ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

when is it coming from kinsale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Indigo Smash

I'm on the show tomorrow and am kinda dreading it. Don't think I'll be shown much but the only reason I did it was to try and have a laugh on telly. Which is what the show is about but I can't say I'd necessarily watch it if I wasn't on it, though the gay episode looks a laugh. It is crude and a bit nasty, especially to those voted off based on looks alone, but isn't that the world we live in? We see someone in a bar/club/online or wherever and make immediate judgements based on looks. We just don't normally get to hear what people have to say about us - that's where the cringe and nasty factor comes in but it's kind of refreshing for a dating show where true opinions come out, rather than sugar-coated platitudes.

As for Jennifer, I didn't know she was an ex-Apprentice candidate as I don't really watch Irish TV but she did a very professional job throughout. Perhaps she comes across as a bit cold but I would imagine it's cos she's a little nervous. So look out for tomorrow's show - I will be watching from behind a pillow questioning my sanity for appearing, but as was already posted on this thread, live life with no regrets.

Onward and upward and give it another go. As for me, I've only just joined Boards but I read a lot of messages on it last year when I was doing something else and it seems a lot of comments are very harsh, nasty and sometimes downright horrible...which is kind of like some of the comments you may see on this how. Sometimes seeing a mirror to our own actions and behaviour isn't always palatable but at least it's real.

Cheers all and ten points for anyone who works out who I am ;)

As for Jennifer, I didn't know she was an ex-Apprentice candidate as I don't really watch Irish TV but she did a very professional job throughout. Perhaps she comes across as a bit cold but I would imagine it's cos she's a little nervous. So look out for tomorrow's show - I will be watching from behind a pillow questioning my sanity for appearing, but as was already posted on this thread, live life with no regrets.

You obviously don't watch the BBC Apprentice, she was the token Irish girl one year. :D
    , I've only just joined Boards but I read a lot of messages on it last year when I was doing something else and it seems a lot of comments are very harsh, nasty and sometimes downright horrible..
    Cheers all and ten points for anyone who works out who I am

Welcome to boards, but your really asking for it now! Don't worry the Mods will protect you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

I have to laugh when people get up in arms about shows like this, me and a mate had a few beers and were laughing all the way through Fade St. & then this after, its not to be taken seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

I'm on the show tomorrow and am kinda dreading it. Don't think I'll be shown much but the only reason I did it was to try and have a laugh on telly.

Onward and upward and give it another go. As for me, I've only just joined Boards but I read a lot of messages on it last year when I was doing something else and it seems a lot of comments are very harsh, nasty and sometimes downright horrible...which is kind of like some of the comments you may see on this how. Sometimes seeing a mirror to our own actions and behaviour isn't always palatable but at least it's real.

I know I know!!!! :D But I won't say :D

Will have to watch the show tonight now to see ya in it.

PS
    Feck the comments from last year, don't mind people. People just post crap coz they are hiding behind their computer screens. Only pay attention to the comments from the select few posters who are actually reasonable people and could see sense! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

ah jaysis, can we not say if we think a show is shyte anymore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭johnn

ah jaysis, can we not say if we think a show is shyte anymore?

You're not allowed slag off the ugly/fat birds over on the "Take Me Out" thread cause said birds came on to boards giving out about it despite the fact they chose to put themselves on national television, I'm sure they managed to change our opinions on them anyway with their complaining and we now find them all gorgeous :rolleyes: .......Sure they all have lovely bottoms.

• Advertisement

RossNolan wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll only be on for a second. I didn't make it to round 2. :(

Saw you Ross!

I'm on the show tomorrow and am kinda dreading it. Don't think I'll be shown much but the only reason I did it was to try and have a laugh on telly. Which is what the show is about but I can't say I'd necessarily watch it if I wasn't on it, though the gay episode looks a laugh. It is crude and a bit nasty, especially to those voted off based on looks alone, but isn't that the world we live in? We see someone in a bar/club/online or wherever and make immediate judgements based on looks. We just don't normally get to hear what people have to say about us - that's where the cringe and nasty factor comes in but it's kind of refreshing for a dating show where true opinions come out, rather than sugar-coated platitudes.

Which one are you Indigo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Wow those girls aren't picky at all..

Jennifer Maguire has a very annoying voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Chibodee

I've seen that Stuart guy on something before! What was he on?!

Yeah I'm Stuart and to use an expression I learned last year...I'm "morto"...trying to console myself that it's all just a laugh, despite being branded a "creep" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭D e e

Tbh despite the fact that you were a creep (especially feeding the lady like she's a 10 month old baby) i was actually hoping you would get a date since you were the only one that seemed to have a personality.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

he wasn't a creep, it's called having a laugh, if other people are "creeped out" so easily then that's their problem, it's getting to the stage now where you can't say or do anything, in real life, even on here apart from "weather's cold/economy's terrible/looking forward to xmas" for fear of offending someone, in short we have all been paralysed by the pc ultra sensitive fun police out there such that we are now a bunch of fearful dreadful sheep-minded bores...fair play to this guy for being a refreshing change, he got to the final 6 at least, had a laugh and was himself with the ladies and in the end didn't miss out on much as,AND IT'S JUST MY OPINION SO PUT THE FATWAH AWAY, the girls were kind of soulless vaccuous overly done-up uninteresting types....if you just want a one night stand then fine but i didn't see naything in any of them that would maintain my interest beyond that

Chibodee wrote: »
    I've seen that Stuart guy on something before! What was he on?!

lol - Total Xposure last year! It's the same producers who did it as did One Night Stand so they asked me to go on it and I thought why not? I'll try and have a laugh and enjoy myself! They did seem to show my "creepy" bits but it's all in fun so just a bit of an adrenaline rush and some craic. Hope the show was watchable for people. cheers

• Advertisement

lol - Total Xposure last year! It's the same producers who did it as did One Night Stand so they asked me to go on it and I thought why not? I'll try and have a laugh and enjoy myself! They did seem to show my "creepy" bits but it's all in fun so just a bit of an adrenaline rush and some craic. Hope the show was watchable for people. cheers

I thougth TX was an in-house TV3 production ????

Advertisement